Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula tries flying towards the finish line, occasionally looking to see if there's any sign that the 1st of the 4 psychopomps died horribly when they fell. (Ooc : it feels like she'd know if she could move her hex to another target. Should have specified, hex his dex, so he at least bumps his arse on landing! Anyway, if he's dead she can bind him, but I realise it's in the job description that he's probably still alive...)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The first psychopomp had his material body shattered on impact, sending him back to an immaterial. Binding him seems to be impossible, his name disappears from her book as it is being written in, the hex has left him.

As she reaches the finish line, she hears Yumjin in her head.

"RETULA!!, please listen..."

"you're in my head, I don't have much of a choice. But I'm not stopping."

"I'm trying to unify the afterlives, not just here, but even those of Zassan and the towns and cities of Kyrtin. I can do this, despite the number of religions in Bandysia even. One consistent afterlife for everybody in these lands. And eventually maybe pull it South and even into the Inner World. Just humans for now, but even that may change.

One single afterlife that's our, not the construct of Gods, or even worse multiplanar beings who treat us like toys, at least the gods are natives. Please Retula!!"

The finish line is now only seconds away.

"cry me a river, Yumjin - I'll paddle you down it like a canoe all the way to the dont-give-a-**** delta."

Ooc : ie she crosses the line

• Advertisement

From her own perspective Retula clears the rope almost in slow motion. The ribbon breaks as she flies through it, high enough to see the seven moons in all their glory.

As the winner, the Gods of Osinzir release their hold on the land, her magic is free to act without any impediment from their laws. Normally this is used to increase the crop yield, enchant the army for another year, but this year is different.

Via the pact, clause 47, the Raven Queen seizes control of Retula's body and begins working a powerful counter hex across the entire empire, cancelling Yumjins enormous spell spread across two continents.

With the power granted to her as a psychopomp, she sees death magic being cancelled all the way up to Zassan and beyond the sea into Kyrtin. The final parts of the spell resist the Raven Queen as much as they can, Yumjin himself attempting to push back against her.

He seems to be winning, but she is only using her extension in this plane, seeing his effort she brings part of her true multiplanar self to bear. The colossal powers that run through Retula almost shatter her mind, the Queen modifies the pact to help her withstand it (OOC: Level 5) and the spell is shattered almost instantly.

The Queen leaves her body, the Gods regain the land, but as a gesture yield Yumjin's soul to the Queen. Retula plummets toward the ground, but is grabbed mid air by a beefed up Hetyaro and delivered to the initial valley, now cleaned up somewhat by court mages, where the crowds cheer. She lies in the soft soil next to Mags, unconscious.

The Queen's plans are set into motion and the Gods in act one final gesture as thanks. A golden musical portal opens next to Mags and his mind is infested with draconic drums. Desperately trying to get the tune out of his head, he beats it on his armour. The portal surface now showing Vrakrash in a strange valley.

Hetyaro lands as the people pet him, now almost as tall Retula. The emperor asks him to give Retula their thanks, before he grabs both her and Mags in his talons and flies into the portal.

Advertisement