Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Dead in Osinzir

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Up she goes, keeping an eye out for anything big, heavy and smashy along with the usual traps and doors.

"Which side of the house was the panther room on?"
    As she ascends the stairs she sees Mags enter the cloak room via the first door, the second door still closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Silent treatment, eh? You should be apologising, you made me sit in the death-chair.

Mags, I'll be behind door number 2, holler if you need help. If I squeal like a pig come running!"

Retula (with Hetyaro) checks the other door for traps, then tries opening it.

"Silent treatment, eh? You should be apologising, you made me sit in the death-chair.

Mags, I'll be behind door number 2, holler if you need help. If I squeal like a pig come running!"

Retula (with Hetyaro) checks the other door for traps, then tries opening it.
    Retula enters a very odd room. It has a long desk, with a very comfortable looking chair and a large clock. Four model minitures of goblins on horseback lie on the desk.

Two doors leads out to the East, one close to the North edge of the current Room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags waves an acknowledgement to Retula as she passes. "Righteo Daddy-o" before turning his attention to the cloak.
    "Ugh, bad vibes."
    He examines the cloak, picking it up, checking the lining and the pockets but not putting it on (yet).

OOC: Mags checks the cloak for magic (Arcane (int) check + jack of all?). Will an arcane check let me know the alignment of the cloak or cloak owner?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Fourier wrote: »
    Retula enters a very odd room. It has a long desk, with a very comfortable looking chair and a large clock. Four model minitures of goblins on horseback lie on the desk.

Two doors leads out to the East, one close to the North edge of the current Room.

Kakaaaaaw
    "The **** I will. No one puts 2 shadowfell death-chairs in their house. That one's probably infernals."

Retula takes a closer look at the clock - is it set to the correct time?

OOC : Also, what's odd about the room? A desk, a chair, a clock - is it the fact that it's so normal by our standards that it's weird by hers? Or are there issues with shapes, proportions relative to the house etc?

Hetyaro is to keep one eye on those goblins...

• Advertisement

OOC:
    OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags waves an acknowledgement to Retula as she passes. "Righteo Daddy-o" before turning his attention to the cloak.
    "Ugh, bad vibes."
    He examines the cloak, picking it up, checking the lining and the pockets but not putting it on (yet).

OOC: Mags checks the cloak for magic (Arcane (int) check + jack of all?). Will an arcane check let me know the alignment of the cloak or cloak owner?
    The lining is woven with a green fabric, which when Mags sings his song of revelation vibrates back with the clear tones of poison and death.

The cloak would have killed him instantly had he chosen to wear it.

Kakaaaaaw
    "The **** I will. No one puts 2 shadowfell death-chairs in their house. That one's probably infernals."

Retula takes a closer look at the clock - is it set to the correct time?

OOC : Also, what's odd about the room? A desk, a chair, a clock - is it the fact that it's so normal by our standards that it's weird by hers? Or are there issues with shapes, proportions relative to the house etc?

Hetyaro is to keep one eye on those goblins...
    The clock ticks at a faster rate than normal and is not at the correct time.

Hetyaro remains fixed on the goblins. They move slightly when not looked at, but remain Frozen otherwise. Becoming wise to them, he impales them with his beak, stopping them completely.

OOC: Normal by our standards, it essentially looks close to a modern office.

Ooc : if feasible, Retula stands by the door she came in by while Hetyaro moves the hands either to the correct time or midnight, 10 and 2 (the 'happy clock' time), whichever is easiest based on the current position of the hands.

Moving the hands to midnight causes a click to be heard from the door close to the North side.

"go on - touch the door handle. Don't be such a thrush!"
    Retula commands the Raven to check the door handy for contact traps, the checks the door herself, brandishes a dagger and opens the door.

• Advertisement

Hetyaro opens the door into a bedroom with a large panther mural.

Clothes lie all about the place on the ground. Strange thin books with slightly shiny pages also lie here and there.

Ooc : based on the look and window position is this the room Hetyaro saw from the outside?

Retula has a gander at the clothes - condition, nature, function - then tries a flicking through a book using a dagger to turn the pages. Unless the clothes look like they were ripped to shreds by a panther....

Ooc : based on the look and window position is this the room Hetyaro saw from the outside?

Retula has a gander at the clothes - condition, nature, function - then tries a flicking through a book using a dagger to turn the pages. Unless the clothes look like they were ripped to shreds by a panther....
    Hetyaro confirms this is the room he saw from outside.

The images in the books involve some kind of four wheeled metal vehicles and others strange boxes with children pointing to images on them.

The clothes are not made from the fur of any animal, that much Retula can tell and some of the trousers have especially odd smooth material.

Ooc : wait, did you make a dungeon out of your own house?

"Hey, these look like those crawling tubes the Bandyguys had back near Zassan. But these are children in the pictures.... Wait, do you think dwarves are really just children who don't want to grow up?"

Kakraaaw

"Ok, ok, just asking. You said there was a weird box in here - where abouts?"

She examines the painting - front, back, edges.

The painting is exquisitely detailed, but upon examination suddenly vanishes to be replaced with a panther who lies on the bed and rubs against Retula in a friendly manner.

Hetyaro caws as he sits on the strange grey box.

Retula takes the 3 cans from downstairs out to see if the panther reacts favourably to any of them - if yes, use the opener to open it and find something to feed it out of. Failing that she slowly edges around to the box, reaching for it with the hand that isn't holding the dagger.

The panther begins guzzling on one with meat, then straightens itself up and speaks.

"Yo, I'm your booster bro"

"Well that's exactly what you would say if you were going to eat me.

Can.... Can I...pet you? And keep my hands?"

"Well that's exactly what you would say if you were going to eat me.

Can.... Can I...pet you? And keep my hands?"
    "Of course, I'm yours to use as you please. Part of the deal"

She commences the nuzzling.
    "Ok, look - what do you know about this race? I'm clueless. And how do you fit into it? And what happens to you after? And do you eat horses? And hey - do you know the shadow dudes who serve the chair downstairs? Oh, and what's in that box? And what's your name?"

• Advertisement

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC:
    The lining is woven with a green fabric, which when Mags sings his song of revelation vibrates back with the clear tones of poison and death.

The cloak would have killed him instantly had he chosen to wear it.
    Mags carefully rolls up the cloak and put it into his bag.
    "Bound to be useful sometime."
    He then checks the rest of the cloak-room.

Mags carefully rolls up the cloak and put it into his bag.
    "Bound to be useful sometime."
    He then checks the rest of the cloak-room.
    Everything else is just a typical cloak.

Mags heads out and up along the corridor to the second room where Retula is hanging out with the menagerie. His belly roils hungrily at the aroma of meat before he even gets to the doorway.

Retula leaps to her feet, dagger brandished.
    "There's something in the hall! Sounds like a troll mating with a sewage outflow pipe..."
    She begins to trace complicated symbols in the air while rapidly shifting from painful looking finger position to painful looking finger position.
    "Oh, it's you."
    She holds out a can of mystery meat to the famished bard.
    "Eats? If you sit on the cursed chair downstairs they'll cook it for you."

Mags eats the contents. Between mouthfulls he thanks Retula for her gift.
    "Nice, could be better. If we fried this on a skillet it'd be lovely. Know any cooking or fire magic? Nice cat by the way."
    Mags tries to share some of his food with the panther while looking around the room, trying to make sense of the books, boxes and mostly the apparently frozen critters.

"Yeah, actually, if you want a fire I can totally make a fire. Only know how to make big fires though, so like I don't think indoors is a good place to use it? And these shiny clothes look reeeeally flammable? Inflammable? Flimflammable? One or more of those.

The cursed shadow dudes downstairs that serve the evil chair trap might cook it for you for free if you break their chair and set them free? I'm not really good at smashing stuff but you look pretty buff - Tell them the Raven Queen's bald avenger sent you so they don't, like, possess you and make you eat your own spleen."

Kakraaaaaw!

"No it doesn't! Ok, maybe don't say bald avenger, that might mean something else."

"If the chair is part of the race set up then probably best not to smash it up just yet. You know how to get past it but others in the race might be slowed down here. We should find a bookie and lay off some gold. After the race, if the shadow guys have something to offer, we can smash stuff.
    Did I mention that the cloak in the cloakroom was poison? Don't try on any clothes till you've checked though I have to admit those trousers look pretty snazzy."

Mags once again checks the clothing for magical properties.

"Yeah I should probably explain - I have a..."
    She glances sideways at the panther
    "..uh...I have something I need to do, like for a 'friend', and I think winning this race is probably the best way of getting it done. They told me it's in vehicles and I'm really worried it's those crazy little boxes in the kids book here. Look at 'em - no horses, no crazy crystal arrays, they must just push them off a cliff and watch 'em roll! But there are boosters - this cutie-pie here is one of them - and I don't know what they do but they help. So I'm going to check out as many as I can, see how I go about entering and then win, I guess. And if I don't... well.... maybe my friend is going to break my metaphorical legs? Ha ha"

Retula leafs through her tome and fishes out her pearl.
    "If there's something specific you have your eye on, I can see what the book reveals. Other than that those trousers are sooooo last season. It'll only take a few minutes. But then I reeeeeally have to get moving, I have a few more stops to make before nightfall."

Mags eats the contents. Between mouthfulls he thanks Retula for her gift.
    "Nice, could be better. If we fried this on a skillet it'd be lovely. Know any cooking or fire magic? Nice cat by the way."
    Mags tries to share some of his food with the panther while looking around the room, trying to make sense of the books, boxes and mostly the apparently frozen critters.
    The panther takes a clear liking to Mags, sticking close to the Orcish Bard.

• Advertisement

Mags once again checks the clothing for magical properties.
    A simple song has the clothes hum back their fundamental tones, strumming the fabric of reality in only a way bards can hear.

Their pitch is off, it doesn't match this plane, but aside from that they are normal.

Advertisement