Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

greenway free parking dungarvan?

Options
  • 06-06-2018 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I wanna drive to Dungarvan and grab a bus to Waterford (from Davitts quay I believe) and then cycle back to Dungarvan.
    Where is the closest free parking to Davitts quay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

sporina wrote: »
    Hi folks, I wanna drive to Dungarvan and grab a bus to Waterford (from Davitts quay I believe) and then cycle back to Dungarvan.
    Where is the closest free parking to Davitts quay?

Someone might know for definite, but I think the council car park is free. It's about 100m from the bus stop.
    Otherwise, if you have a bike with you it would be a short spin from, for example, the Youghal road ( by the Garda station) which is free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lemon_Drop

Not a lot of places to parking places in Dungarvan really. I'm sure that the places in the centre of the town are 90 minutes free and you pay after that.
    There is a free car park near the church, its at the back of the Boreenatra Houses, but its usually full, except on Sundays its safe to park there.
    You can find it on Google Maps. Worth a look anyway in case there is a free space, its mainly locals will know about it. It would be my first choice. Or you could try down near the sports centre, I see a few parking places there nearly all the time.
    The main car park is in Friary Street, that is a non runner and its 90 minutes free and then pay. Both car parks are very near each other, but only the Boreenatra one is free all the time.
    Like the other post, you might find some spaces near the Garda Station, but there is not that many there. I think the car park just past the Civic Offices is free all day also.
    All those places are about 2 minutes max. from the bus stop.
    Nothing much in the Abbeyside area and the crowds on the Greenway take all those places.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Eurospar carpark in Abbeyside is a 2 minute walk to Davitts quay. Free parking all day long there.

No issues finding anywhere to park in Abbeyside really, and no traffic wardens over there, ever. Find a space stick it in. No problem!

Advertisement