Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc alarm issue

Options
  • 06-06-2018 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi, I have noticed an issue with my alarm. Installed about 3 years ago. Works great and we put on the night set every night so if a back bedroom window is open, we get an open zone fault. Well I forgot to close one window in the savage weather lately and the fault never registered. I opened the window fully and did a full set and it also never gave a zone open fault. All other window seem to work fine. Could this be a faulty sensor(stuck closed) or is there any way to check if it was ever wired to a zone in the 1st place? It’s a spare room so possible it’s always been this way

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

If the window your opening has a magnet on that opening, its one of two things. 1st leave the same window and tryn set if its one with magnet.if it sets it could be the contact in the sensor could be stayn in closed pression. There are 6 screw heads on pcb far to away are contact, if not magnet on window it is vibration sensor only.

Advertisement