Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cork Question: Neil or PJ?

Options
  • 06-06-2018 11:32pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The big Cork debate. Which morning show do you prefer?

Neil or PJ? 11 votes

Neil Prendeville (RedFM)
    9% 1 vote
    PJ Coogan (96FM)
    54% 6 votes
    Neither
    9% 1 vote
    I don't listen to radio at this time
    27% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭smallfridge

marno21 wrote: »
    The big Cork debate. Which morning show do you prefer?

Personally it’s Neil for me. Fair play to Pj for keeping the majority of the audience the last while but as Radio shows go Neil is far superior IMO

I know there’s a lot of hatred aimed at him too. Great radio though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Always strikes me that PJ thinks he’s addressing a class of 5 year olds....can’t stand his manner tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thejuggler

PJ has maintained his audience due to listener inertia. I’d imagine the demographics are weighted towards the older listener who are a little afraid or unsure about changing the dial. My own parents are proof of this as are my in laws. If they are typical that show is hardly an advertisers dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Neil for me in the morning but i catch a bit of Pj on the repeat overnight. It seems that PJ focuses more on local stuff politics etc. The gap isnt that big 70000 Neil 74000 PJ . Its a big jump for redfm from the 25000 ish Vic the brick had. I wonder will niel get number 1 i think he needs to focus more local and he dose tend to blow about posh meals and holidays etc which im sure a lot of older cork folk begrudge a person.

Advertisement