Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to TSB?

• 07-06-2018 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi guys,

I've been with TSB the last few years, but I'm looking to change. After zero issues, I've spent the last two months+ getting the absolute runaround trying to set up a small overdraft (constant change of rules around what they want, new document requests etc, non stop).

I was really considering KBC but the complete lack of cash lodgements is putting me off.

Any other suggestions on who is a solid bank to try (preferably with some kind of decent mobile/online banking)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The short answer - NO. I cant see you going to Ulster,BOI or AIB and finding things much better.

We have little competition in this little country and they know it.

Revolut and top up from TSB will give you a better mobile experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

Hi guys,

I've been with TSB the last few years, but I'm looking to change. After zero issues, I've spent the last two months+ getting the absolute runaround trying to set up a small overdraft (constant change of rules around what they want, new document requests etc, non stop).

I was really considering KBC but the complete lack of cash lodgements is putting me off.

Any other suggestions on who is a solid bank to try (preferably with some kind of decent mobile/online banking)?
    Are you a business?
    This may be relevant to your difficulty, as you mention cash lodgements.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 baileyborough

No, just a normal person. Couple (got/looking for a joint account).

I mean, cash lodgements/withdrawals very rarely happen. But when they do, they're usually the type where it's important enough that you can't screw around, y'know?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 baileyborough

Called them again there to lodge a formal complaint at this whole farce. I don't know what I expected, but it was one of the most ineffectual things I've ever done in my life.

Advertisement