Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Ban

Options
  • 07-06-2018 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I received a month ban from AH for this post
    Who was the lad who in 1992 held the Irish flag at the opening ceremony in Barcelona ?

I heard rumours they gave him the flag to keep his hands busy, so he wouldn't be robbing the other athletes.

Now I was banned with the reason trolling saying I was intentionally trying to cause a reaction - only reaction I was intentionally trying to provoke was of light humour, even the stand up comedians back in '92 were saying the same.

The mod in question PutinBot PM'd me to say he won't change his mind.

So, can I have the ban reduced by few weeks ?

I will never post anything remotely negative about travellers in AH again
    if it's such a sensitive topic.

It's strange there is another thread about travellers and some of the stuff there is pretty close to the bone - but still open and allowed to flow.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks for advising you've tried to resolve this by PM. I'll ask a CMod to take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

FYI
    my correspondence with the mod
    Me:
    the appeal process links to the prison forum, but i don't have permission to post there, so how do I appeal this ban ?

thanks

PutinBot :
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397 go here. When you post your first post you can say you talked to me and I won't be changing my mind. It moves on the process a bit quicker for you.

new PM from PutinBot
    Based on this sentence in your drp thread I'm willing to reduce your ban to time served

"I will never post anything remotely negative about travellers in AH again
    if it's such a sensitive topic."

If you make another crass joke it'll be a month ban straight away.

Reply asap as I'm heading away shortly. if you don't see it till later you can post this pm in your drp thread and one of the cmods or admins will kindly lift your ban.

Ban has been lifted, we can set this as resolved ..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement