Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standing order

Options
  • 07-06-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there, 

I'm in the middle of switching my current account from BoI to another bank. 
    My funds have been pulled so my BoI balance is 0. I had a standing order set to pay rent tomorrow. 
    I cancelled the standing order this morning so I can pay via my new account - but I'm worried, is that enough time? 
    What will happen if the standing order still tries to process tomorrow and I have 0 in my current account? 

Thanks,
    Aoife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

eepha wrote: »
    Hi there, 

I'm in the middle of switching my current account from BoI to another bank. 
    My funds have been pulled so my BoI balance is 0. I had a standing order set to pay rent tomorrow. 
    I cancelled the standing order this morning so I can pay via my new account - but I'm worried, is that enough time? 
    What will happen if the standing order still tries to process tomorrow and I have 0 in my current account? 

Thanks,
    Aoife

Hi Aoife,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

The transaction may go through tomorrow as we would usually need at least one full working day for the cancellation of a Standing order to be fully cancelled.
    If this does present and there is no money available in the account the Standing Order would go unpaid and unpaid fee of €12.70 (once you hold a Euro currency account with us) would apply to your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement