Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASKED ON 31-05-18 TO CANCEL CONTRACT AS OFF TODAY ITS STILL ACTIVE

Options
  • 07-06-2018 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

We emailed eir on the 31st May to cancel our contract

On the 1st June we got a reply to our email saying it be done within 24 hours

On the 5th June it was still active, i phone 1901 and talking to a customer representive and they said it be done that that

On the 6th june it was still active, i again phoned 1901 and was talking to one cusomer representive who wouldn't deal with it, he transfered me over to someone else and that person said on the phone 'i can't hear you, if you don't speak up i will hang up' and hung up. i phoned back 1901 and talking to someone else, they told me that it be done within an hour.
    guess what it wasn't, i phone up again 1901 and was told that it would be done that day.

Today it is still active, and phone again, the customer representative to me that i be done today, i asked her to put that down on a email to me, she refused saying they don't have emails.

Now when is this going to be resolved as this is beyond a joke.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi ants09,

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you could PM me with the account details I will be more than happy to look into this for you here.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi ants09,

I'm sorry to hear this.

If you could PM me with the account details I will be more than happy to look into this for you here.

Thanks,

Sarah
    PM Sent with account details 

ants09 wrote: »
    PM Sent with account details 

No reply to my PM

Got email today saying account is disconnected.

Can still ring the phone number and it's ringing.

Phone up 1901 and when put in phone number it is saying that it's invalid and can't get thought to talk to anyone and no one here replying to me either.

And when phone up another provider, they say EIR has block the number, so can't even switch and keep the number.

Eir seems to be playing bloody games

Update on this.

The account was in the name of a dead person.

On the day she died of a heart attack, we tried phoning up 999 on the landline and it was not working, afterwards they sent a technician out to fix the line and was told by the technician that the lines or cable connections were eroded, not only our one but the whole road and they wouldn't fix them as didn't want to inconvenience the ones who has landlines but wait till fault happens to one line and fix the faulty one only.

I would also suggest that eir staff get familiar with Article 26 of the GDPR which Eir staff ain't

Got email confirmation that the account/contract is ceased.

When phone 1901 and put in our phone number or our account number it's saying it's invalid.

Best part i can call my number and it rings, I can dial a number and it rings, so guess I have free phone line now, thanks EIR.

Eir won't release or give me the UAN they are playing bloody games.

Disconnected the phone from the socket and reconnected it and still have service.

Anyone wants to switch to EIR i recommend that they don't as their services are disgraceful.

Now can this be sorted out or do I have to complain to the regulator about getting the UAN number so that I can swith to a provider that actually cares for their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ants09 wrote: »
    Update on this.

The account was in the name of a dead person.

On the day she died of a heart attack, we tried phoning up 999 on the landline and it was not working, afterwards they sent a technician out to fix the line and was told by the technician that the lines or cable connections were eroded, not only our one but the whole road and they wouldn't fix them as didn't want to inconvenience the ones who has landlines but wait till fault happens to one line and fix the faulty one only.

I would also suggest that eir staff get familiar with Article 26 of the GDPR which Eir staff ain't

Got email confirmation that the account/contract is ceased.

When phone 1901 and put in our phone number or our account number it's saying it's invalid.

Best part i can call my number and it rings, I can dial a number and it rings, so guess I have free phone line now, thanks EIR.

Eir won't release or give me the UAN they are playing bloody games.

Disconnected the phone from the socket and reconnected it and still have service.

Anyone wants to switch to EIR i recommend that they don't as their services are disgraceful.

Now can this be sorted out or do I have to complain to the regulator about getting the UAN number so that I can swith to a provider that actually cares for their customers.
    Hi ants09, 

I'm afraid Sarah is not in today. 

When an account is cancelled, the internal systems don't recognise them any longer, unfortunately. 

I understand your frustration here and I'm sorry the account was not closed down on the day requested. This would have been sent to a back office where the cancellations are processed and can take a few days to process. 

Once you cancel down an account you no longer require a UAN, you would contact the company you wish to be with and they activate a new account for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

• Advertisement
Advertisement