Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Tours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ben Smith is just amazing. Its a shame he looks so boring or else he'd probably go down as one of the best outside backs of the professional era

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Disgraceful attempt at a tackle from Plisson on Smith. This lad is getting a post match bollocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

French lineout is a travesty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ben Smith is just amazing. Its a shame he looks so boring or else he'd probably go down as one of the best outside backs of the professional era

You know exactly what you're doing there. :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

There’s the half century

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I always imagine him as fresh faced and get surprised by close ups where he looks about 40. :)

Jesus this ref has had a mare.

Great power there

How is that missed? Clearly hits the ground again.

When even the NZ commentary team say you’re favorable to the All Blacks then you know you’re having a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

kuang1 wrote: »

Ah yes - the Ref.

• Advertisement

Obviously should have been disallowed but there you go.

Hopefully that gets the officiating shocker out of the way and the rest of the days' games will remain untainted!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

In his defence, his touch judges (greetings to John Lacey from awec) and TMO have done absolutely nothing to help.

I know, poor calls on both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Ah yes - the Ref.

The ref having a mare and the result can be mutually exclusive you know. He's been a disaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,723 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ah yes - the Ref.

All Blacks would have won regardless. Nobody's making excuses or laying the blame etc.

But Pearce genuinely had a bad game and missed some fairly big calls by not going to the TMO before making his decision.

Looking at that tackle again, I'd say Tu'ungafasi will be very lucky not to be cited.

Ah yes - the Ref.
    He did though. The score is irrelevant, IMO the ABs would have won anyway, he and his assistants made some very poor decisions in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

It wasn't a yellow but the complaining is a bit much. NZ had upped it after half time and were utterly dominant in the period leading to the card.

They were still going to win comfortably regardless of the officiating.

Not making excuses for Pearce, but the ABs are definitely the hardest team to ref because of their pace of play.
    But as already stated, he should have utilised his 3 assistants a hell of a lot more.

I reckon if every call was correctly made in that game it could have shaved 20 points off the AB's total, but added nothing to France's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Agree, the Ref could have done far better but the result was never in doubt. Hard one to take for all the NZ haters on Boards.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    It wasn't a yellow but the complaining is a bit much. NZ had upped it after half time and were utterly dominant in the period leading to the card.

Very likely the ABs would have won, but the turning point was the yellow card. Kiwi commentators and Sean Fitzpatrick saying the exact same thing on the televisual device.

Agree, the Ref could have done far better but the result was never in doubt. Hard one to take for all the NZ haters on Boards.

:pac:

Don't be so precious!

The “complaining” is about the ref making some bad big decisions.
    Not ref costing France the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

mangobob wrote: »
    France marginally ahead on the scoreboard but NZ way ahead on the field. They just look so dangerous. Only a matter of time now before the dam breaks.
    The dam has well and truly burst. This could be 50+.

Well it didn't take Nostradamus to get those predictions right :o

So impressive from the All Blacks. Congrats to all our resident Kiwis. Your boys did you proud again.

I don't think a single person has said the decisions have cost France the game.

Nobody's said otherwise. At all......

Well it didn't take Nostradamus to get those predictions right :o

So impressive from the All Blacks. Congrats to all our resident Kiwis. Your boys did you proud again.

I'm smelling a paddypower docket in your other hand.

I'm smelling a paddypower docket in your other hand.

What does it smell like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wtf happened? Had to go out at half time.

Can't trust the French to do anything :)

• Advertisement

What does it smell like?

I'd be banned if I answered truthfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The whinging about the ref on here is hilarious. You weren't complaining when the ref handed the Lions the series last year.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    The whinging about the ref on here is hilarious. You weren't complaining when the ref handed the Lions the series last year.

Again, not whinging about the ref saying it affected the result, just saying he had a bad performance for both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've heard 'the All Blacks would have won anyway' for years now. It's no excuse.

I'll also leave this here. No yellow.

https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/status/1005376322393268225?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've heard 'the All Blacks would have won anyway' for years now. It's no excuse.

I'll also leave this here. No yellow.

https://twitter.com/theblitzdefence/status/1005376322393268225?s=19

Like I said, whinging.

Why would that be a yellow? Ball carrier was dropping and then there's a head clash.

Just because you hate the All Blacks doesn't mean there's a conspiracy to help them win.

Like I said, whinging.

Why would that be a yellow? Ball carrier was dropping and then there's a head clash.

Just because you hate the All Blacks doesn't mean there's a conspiracy to help them win.

Now now, ,the Kiwi commentators and Sean Fitzpatrick all were saying the exact same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

I mean there’s a pretty fair case for two cards there, yellow and red. Cane is high to the head but wraps, and the prop just smashes his shoulder into Grosso’s (who is in hospital with concussion btw) head.

If it was anyone other than the ABs I’d say the prop would definitely be looking at a citing and a few weeks on the sidelines but it’s probably only about a 50/50 chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Strange that we seem to disproportionately 'whinge' about New Zealand players isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Like I said, whinging.

Who hates them?
    Who said it's a conspiracy?

They got lenient calls. It seems to happen often. If it is happening, it's due to their stature and success, and the pressure that puts on referees. They're only human.

Also, because they're so fúcking brilliant, they are clinical in how they take advantage. Every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Like I said, whinging.

A shoulder to the face is not a head clash.

Like I said, whinging.

For the same reason SBW was sent off.

As pointed out on twitter by a BBC reporter, almost the exact same tackle led to a yellow and a red in a Sarries match last year.

This was the aberration.

• Advertisement

For the same reason SBW was sent off.

As pointed out on twitter by a BBC reporter, almost the exact same tackle led to a yellow and a red in a Sarries match last year.

This was the aberration.

I thought SBW used no arms, which is why he got a red?

Basil3 wrote: »
    I thought SBW used no arms, which is why he got a red?

18 was shoulder to head. If its first contact then you're looking at a possible red. But probably could argue he used his arms.

Still think he'd be cited most weeks.

Who do we think wins the next one? Can see SA edging it by 3 or 4

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Who do we think wins the next one? Can see SA edging it by 3 or 4

Pretty hard to say really, who knows where SA are at!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Hey. We had a deal.

What a kick! Only 61 meters out

That was embarrassingly bad defending by South Africa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

SA making Brown look like Lomu

Everyone’s favorite player Mike Brown in the corner. Very poor tackling

Long day ahead for the boks

• Advertisement