Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BoI ATM

Options
  • 07-06-2018 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi,  

There is a standalone ATM in the supermarket near me. Do you maintain/run that or do the supermarket? 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Hi,  

There is a standalone ATM in the supermarket near me. Do you maintain/run that or do the supermarket? 

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Stand alone or free standing ATM's would generally be looked after by the retailer that the ATM is in. Can I ask what your question on the ATM is and I'll do my best to help you here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ok, thanks.

It's just infuriating to use. It's the only one in the area so is relied on a fair bit. The highest amount you can withdraw is 120, no option for more. So most people need to make more than 1 withdrawal. This leads to long lines etc.

If there is no 20 euro notes, it still allows you to choose multiples of these. If you choose 80 and there's no 20s it says there is only 50s available and then spits out your card, not giving you the option just to choose another amount, then you have to start it all over again. 

I understand this may seem trivial and a first world problem but it is the single worst ATM I have come across in my life. If there was another option, I would use it. 

Is it BoI who set the parameters (i.e. highest withdrawal amount) or is it the supermarket? It's just out of pure curiosity.

Ok, thanks.

It's just infuriating to use. It's the only one in the area so is relied on a fair bit. The highest amount you can withdraw is 120, no option for more. So most people need to make more than 1 withdrawal. This leads to long lines etc.

If there is no 20 euro notes, it still allows you to choose multiples of these. If you choose 80 and there's no 20s it says there is only 50s available and then spits out your card, not giving you the option just to choose another amount, then you have to start it all over again. 

I understand this may seem trivial and a first world problem but it is the single worst ATM I have come across in my life. If there was another option, I would use it. 

Is it BoI who set the parameters (i.e. highest withdrawal amount) or is it the supermarket? It's just out of pure curiosity.

I'm just getting this checked with our ATM team and I'm waiting on a reply from them. I'll let you know here as soon as I do.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Ok, thanks.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi IlikeBoats,
    Thanks for your patience.
    I've checked with our ATM section and as this would be business sensitive information in relation to both us and the retailer we wouldn’t be able to comment on the procedures that you have mentioned.

Thanks again for getting in touch with us here and please let us know if we can help you with anything else.
    Darren.
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ok no worries. Thanks for trying

• Advertisement
Advertisement