Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison records 1940's

• 07-06-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hey, wasn't sure where to add this question... Are there any records online available in 1940's, i found out my grandfather went to prison and want to find out the length of time he served. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There's nothing after independence online. I suspect the 1940s would be covered under data protection, but you could try an FOI request if you can also supply a death cert.

Also, try newspapers to see if there's a record of his conviction.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would it have been in the newspaper?

**edit oops snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭JDERIC2017

yes I have a piece from the newspaper.

Advertisement