Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Card Issue

Options
  • 07-06-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an issue with my Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card. 
    I cannot use the card to make payments using chip and pin or tap in shops or bars.

The only option is for me to take money out at the ATM. Could I be assisted on this please?

Thanks,
    Johnnie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

wong wrote: »
    Hi,

I have an issue with my Bank of Ireland Visa Debit card. 
    I cannot use the card to make payments using chip and pin or tap in shops or bars.

The only option is for me to take money out at the ATM. Could I be assisted on this please?

Thanks,
    Johnnie

Hi Johnnie,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    Can I ask if you are getting any message when you're trying to use the card in shops? Also have you tried to use the card online and does it work through that.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I've tried using it online and it doesn't work on there either. The only option I've able to use is to physically take cash out at an ATM.

When I use it in shops, it just gets rejected. I've checked my statement on 365Online and the payments appear to be taken out and then adjusted to be put back in almost instantly? 

I've tried using it online and it doesn't work on there either. The only option I've able to use is to physically take cash out at an ATM.

When I use it in shops, it just gets rejected. I've checked my statement on 365Online and the payments appear to be taken out and then adjusted to be put back in almost instantly? 

Thanks for checking that, can I also ask you if you've received any emails or text messages from bank of Ireland asking you to confirm a transaction that you have attempted?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Thanks for checking that, can I also ask you if you've received any emails or text messages from bank of Ireland asking you to confirm a transaction that you have attempted?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    No I have not 

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    No I have not 

Thanks for checking that. In this case I'd ask you to raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" your 365 online profile and the advisers there should be able to have a look into your account and if needs be order your a new card for you. As it would sound as if there is a problem with the card rather then any stop or block being placed on it, but the advisers in this section will be able to confirm this for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement