Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned my equipment but I have still been charged in my bill

Options
  • 07-06-2018 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I just received my last bill today and I was very surprising. I have returned my equipment in March but I have still been charged in my bill. I returned all my equipment in a parcel via Nightline group.

I talked on the chat support with an Eir representative but he said me :
    "I can see that the TV box is still pending for recovery, so that is why you have charged. I can see that your fibre is also pending for recovery from my end, so that is why you have charged. It means that your fibre is not recovered.  I understand your concern however I have limited access hence I am unable to get resolution for you, please ring 1901, our loyalty team will assist you better. "

So I just asked to have an email address to contact the support to send all the evidence of my parcel.

However, Eir don't have an email address for the support. And he said me : "there is no email address which I can provide it to you. "

Why was I still charged and how can I get my money back?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

teiwswyrd wrote: »
    Hello,

I just received my last bill today and I was very surprising. I have returned my equipment in March but I have still been charged in my bill. I returned all my equipment in a parcel via Nightline group.

"I can see that the TV box is still pending for recovery, so that is why you have charged. I can see that your fibre is also pending for recovery from my end, so that is why you have charged. It means that your fibre is not recovered.  I understand your concern however I have limited access hence I am unable to get resolution for you, please ring 1901, our loyalty team will assist you better. "

So I just asked to have an email address to contact the support to send all the evidence of my parcel.

However, Eir don't have an email address for the support. And he said me : "there is no email address which I can provide it to you. "

Thanks
    I had the exact same issue. Got a text to say that i had unusually high bills and to call a number. But my account was also closed in March. Couldn't get through to that number, web chat were no help. Eventually got through to care i think, who said it was for non return of equipment. I sent it back with the free post label they sent me.

I asked here yesterday to find out why this charge was placed on the account but as yet they haven't come back to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6 teiwswyrd

oppiuy wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks
    I had the exact same issue. Got a text to say that i had unusually high bills and to call a number. But my account was also closed in March. Couldn't get through to that number, web chat were no help. Eventually got through to care i think, who said it was for non return of equipment. I sent it back with the free post label they sent me.

I asked here yesterday to find out why this charge was placed on the account but as yet they haven't come back to me
    I am living abroad right now. So I have the same issue. I cannot calling 1901 and my bill provides a phone number from abroard +353 1 678 8888. But when I am calling this number I need to provide my account number. Ok, I have my account number but the answer is : "Sorry but I cannot recognized this account number". Because my account is closed since March.

After that, I found a phone number on Google. This is a support from abroad : +353 1 671 4444. And an Eir representative answer me! Victory!

After a quick check, he said me that my parcel had arrived and everything is OK. The non-recovery charge was an issue.

It was a particular way of the cross... But it resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭d9oiu2wk07blr5

Hello,

Thanks

The email address that Ive been using is accountchange@eir.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello,

Thanks
    Hi teiswyrd, 

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Feel free to PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I can check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 6 teiwswyrd

Hi Tracey,
    Thanks for your reply. The situation has been resolved. May be for the future customers can you provide an international phone number where there is no need to type his customer number which is no longer valid.

Have a nice day.

Teis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    Thanks for your reply. The situation has been resolved. May be for the future customers can you provide an international phone number where there is no need to type his customer number which is no longer valid.

Have a nice day.

Teis
    No problem, I'm glad to hear you got this sorted. 

The international number is 00353 1 671 4444. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement