Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how do newbridge and clane musical society auditions work?

Options
  • 07-06-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

so I really really would love to be a apart of a musical society and the ones that im interested in are newbridge and clane.

newbridge have just announced their production for 2019, but i was wondering how their audition process works the same goes for clane.

like do you audition by yourself in front of the production team or is it in front of everyone else auditioning?

is there dance auditions?

I'm just so curious yet, don't have the confidence to wing it or sing infront of everyone else who is also auditioning ? i just want to be a part of it and wouldnt be a soloist.

thanks so much !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭conf101

Are you interested in going for one of the lead roles or just joining the chorus? For a lot of societies (and I think both Clane and Newbridge would be the same, though I can't say for certain) you wouldn't need to audition for the chorus, just for a lead role.

For auditioning, it would usually just be by yourself in front of the production team. They might have call backs then where they get different people to audition together to see how well they work together, but it's not usually in front of everyone else.

Dance auditions would depend, I guess. Again, for chorus there wouldn't usually be dance auditions. If there's a lot of dance in the show they might do them during rehearsals to pick out lead dancers for particular scenes. But in general chorus members don't have to audition. There are plenty of people who can't dance who take part in shows - there's always plenty of stuff for people to do on stage.

If it's a lead role then I guess it would depend on the role.

I'd definitely recommend joining either one. It's lots of fun and a great way to meet people.

EDIT: Just saw your line about not being a soloist. Chances are you won't need to audition at all then. Maybe email both societies and ask them. They're well used to people who want to take part but are a bit nervous. For the most part, musical people are super friendly and welcoming, they'll be delighted to have a new member on board.

Advertisement