Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choice of three mowers 400m2 garden

Options
  • 07-06-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Can't decide between three mowers for a pretty flat 400m2 lawn and was hoping for any steer. I'm happy to push the thing (good exercise), am looking for something that will last, has no plastic parts like the Woodies Pro-Lawn height adjuster, and won't break the bank (which is constantly emply :()

A. €349 (in local store): PowerPlus B&S 500E Engine

B. €299 (Irish online price): McCulloch M46-140WR 500e Engine

C. €249 (Irish online price): McCulloch M40-125 450e Engine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Personally I’d go for the M46.
    It’s self propelled and decent size drive wheels make life easy.

The M40 with small wheels and nondrice would be a torture if the grass was any way long.

BandS engine is a lifetime job if looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭EagerBeaverton

_Brian wrote: »
    The M40 with small wheels and nondrice would be a torture if the grass was any way long.

Good point! I do tend to leave it off as long as possible before cutting it - it's one job I hate.

Just to throw a fourth in the mix:

€299 (NI Price): HUSQVARNA LC 140S B&S 450e

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Its very likely that both the McCullagh & huskarvana mowers youve linked are made under contract in the very same facility.. and so colour and badging is all the difference.. Given that I'd be purchasing where ever is most convenient..

I find that only in the very high end price range that companies actually make their own gear at all...

I would be looking to buy in a local B&M store if I were you, prevferably a store that specalises in this type of gear... Its then much easier to have services and repairs done.. You'd be amazed the amount of shops that refuse services based on "you didnt buy that here".

Advertisement