Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do we get holiday pay?

Options
  • 07-06-2018 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was working last year covering a teacher on maternity so I don't get paid for holidays. I got paid today and I was expecting my holiday payment as well but I didn't get it. When will we get it does anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I'm sorry to say but I think it's already included in your hoturly rate that you were paid all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arocky

Yes it's included in your pay during academic year. You won't be paid again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Arocky wrote: »
    Yes it's included in your pay during academic year. You won't be paid again now.

It's not anymore. It's deducted from your pay and sent at Christmas, Easter and summer holidays. I didn't get my payslip yet so I can't answer OP but will get back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

It's not anymore. It's deducted from your pay and sent at Christmas, Easter and summer holidays. I didn't get my payslip yet so I can't answer OP but will get back later.
    News to me. Probably better that way though.

OP, if you’re worried about being short of money, it’s probably not too late to apply for marking in some subjects and you’ll get your advance in early July.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Dylan94

Hi there,

I was working last year covering a teacher on maternity so I don't get paid for holidays. I got paid today and I was expecting my holiday payment as well but I didn't get it. When will we get it does anyone know?

I was also expecting it today and it didnt arrive. I assume it will just come in the next pay period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Tommo3434343

I've gotten holiday pay at Christmas and Easter. I'm definitely owed holiday pay now for the summer period. I'm presuming it will included in my final paycheck in two weeks. Can anyone confirm?

Advertisement