Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear plugs!

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Goose81 wrote: »
    I want to hear horns and sirens And traffic which I couldn't with foam earplugs, I don't think your putting them in right if you can hear what you say you can.

Fyi alot of Moto gp riders don't wear any ear protection at all, affects riding

No, I follow the instructions and compress them to make sure they can go deep into the ear canal. They then expand for a snug tight fit and never fall out. As I posted earlier, i can easily hear those sounds with them in. Have been using them for more than five years.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spray____

It is a complete blockage, but it's just foam. Vibrations still make their way through, just with a lot of energy lost. Different wavelengths lose more than others. That's what accounts for the lower volume and the DB drop in sound levels.

I use foam and silicone plugs and can still hear plenty. Horns, sirens, the engine reving. You hear pretty much everything you'd normally hear, just at much lower levels so you don't damage your hearing and exhaust yourself mentally.

There is a great comparison of different earplug options here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEdf0R5ypsg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

The fortnine channel on YouTube has a nice clip on ear protection. I bought the Howard Leight foam one's approx e15 for 100 individually wrapped pairs on Amazon. Work very well when rolled tight and popped deep into ear and comfortable too and that is a blessing. Conversation is possible with them fitted but I need to make a small effort to listen.
    I have a few pairs in my jacket so if you want to try and see a black 07 deauville outside a McDonald's near Limerick tap me up.

Advertisement