Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Car Parking Clamp

Options
  • 08-06-2018 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi just looking for some guidance. Not sure if this is the right forum but maybe the mods could move for me if necessary?

I was in Dublin on June 6th. Went to Red Cow Luas car park and paid for one way ticket and a full days parking around 12pm. Upon returning to my car at 4pm I found it clamped.

Unfortunately i had discarded the one way ticket on my arrival in Abbey Street so have no definitive proof of parking, yes my bad.

I have opened a case with NCPS who have told me:

"Accordingly with our records you failed to make a payment at 15:08pm hours on 06/06/2018 and this resulted in your vehicle being immobilized"

But that does not make sense at all as I paid for a FULL days parking as I had no idea how long i was going to be in town for and didn't want to run the risk of only partially paying for parking.

I know i have no ticket and therefore no definitive proof, but is there any way to check the records of parking in the Luas car park system against my car reg??

If it was my own fault I've no issue with that at all, but to have gone through the process of paying for parking and getting clamped anyway I am pretty pissed off with this.

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Did you pay by card? If so, it should be easy enough to tally what you paid with what a full day's parking would have cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭SeanoChuinn

No it was a cash transaction. I really went out of my way to load their hand!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

HI OP

If you paid cash, have no ticket, you can ask them for a copy of the receipt issued to your car reg. That should tell you if you were in the right or not. their not going to falsify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

HI OP

If you paid cash, have no ticket, you can ask them for a copy of the receipt issued to your car reg. That should tell you if you were in the right or not. their not going to falsify that.

I’d go further and put in a DPA request for the security camera footage to show you paid. It’ll be an absolute nightmare for them to deal with so they might just refund, if not you’ll have a video of you paying as proof

Okay thanks, if I'd not paid or only paid for a few hours which had expired then that's fine, its my fault, clamp away. But having gone to the effort of paying and doing everything by the book I'm kinda like a dog with a bone at the moment.

I just want them to prove to me that I was in the wrong, even if I'd fat fingered the number plate or something stupid and it was completely my fault then no problem. But at this point as far as I know everything was correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do you have to type in your reg number? If so, they'll have a record. Ask them for this. They can't not supply it just to keep your clamping fee.

Do you not have to display your ticket? Not sure how it works in the park and ride.

it used to be that way. It had changed since I was there last. You bought the ticket from one of the vending machines around the car park and then displayed it. But now you actually go to the platform, buy your train ticket AND your parking ticket at the same time. The car reg is entered at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

it used to be that way. It had changed since I was there last. You bought the ticket from one of the vending machines around the car park and then displayed it. But now you actually go to the platform, buy your train ticket AND your parking ticket at the same time. The car reg is entered at that point.

Shouldn't need the ticket to claim back the money so. Sounds like their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's incorrect. You can use your leap card for the luas so don't need to buy a ticket. You put in the reg when you buy parking

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Time wrote: »
    I’d go further and put in a DPA request for the security camera footage to show you paid. It’ll be an absolute nightmare for them to deal with so they might just refund, if not you’ll have a video of you paying as proof

CCTV is the NTA/Transdev.

NCPS is the claim. A DP request wouldn't bother them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement