Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever keep to the speed limit?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Fascinated by the thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

P.C. wrote: »
    Why not?

They aren't mentioned in the Statute so they can't procescute them, similarly there is no cycling under the influence offense so you can cycle while UI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Barney224 wrote:
    Sorry if is, but I'm still curious to know if any why they don't keep to the limit? I know a lot of cars don't either, but bikes appear to be more excessive with their speed.

I think you would find that if cars could get by other road users like bikes can they would speed more often.......also, most bike riders are male and under 30.....more likely to speed than a 75 yr spinster

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I think you would find that if cars could get by other road users like bikes can they would speed more often.......also, most bike riders are male and under 30.....more likely to speed than a 75 yr spinster

I think you'll need to rethink your demographics there. A biker under 30 is a rare site, over 50 is where most are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭bladespin

Zascar wrote:
    I think an awful lot of you totally missed the sarcasm. Please re read the thread considering the previous posts...

Ah come on, this is boards, irony, sarcasm, trolling we have it all, even one who bel8eves in the RSA lol.

• Advertisement

khaldrogo wrote:
    also, most bike riders are male and under 30.....more likely to speed than a 75 yr spinster

Not by a mile, most riders are well on, 40s at a considered guess (and getting older).

AllForIt wrote:
    Fascinated by the thread title.

RSA thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,087 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Del2005 wrote: »
    No speed limits or CUI for cyclists. So you can
    cycle at 60km/h full to the gills down O'Connell and nothing can be done to you.

Not true. You can be prosecuted and (amazingly) lose your driving license if drunk and not in control of a pedal cycle.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2010/act/25/section/6/enacted/en/html#sec6

edit: that law only mentions a fine of up to 2k but I'm sure I read of a case where someone got points or a ban for a cycling offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Why not?

They aren't mentioned in the Statute so they can't procescute them, similarly there is no cycling under the influence offense so you can cycle while UI
    That's interesting. In switerland you can have your licence revoked for cycling while drunk.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I want one of those electric bikes so I can go to the pub, have a rake of pints and 'cycle' home "legally".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

BKtje wrote: »
    Why not?

That's interesting. In switerland you can have your licence revoked for cycling while drunk.[/quoteda

The same in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,612 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Barney224 wrote: »
    A quick question, and it's not intended as a gripe or posting for an argument.

I just wanted to know if any motor cyclists ever keep to the speed limit on our roads? As a car driver I don't think I've ever seen a motorcyclist stick to the limit!

In the villages, definitely yes. Generally, in the towns, yes, but many towns have roads that are easier to go faster than the posted limit on - safely enough, in my view.
    On the open rural main and back roads, I go like furk. :D
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement