Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercity warranty, refunds, returns?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

fritzelly wrote: »
    At least you've answered your own question now
    Which question was that? I asked why a retailer in IRL had a different warranty term than that in EU law. Where did I answer that?

I made it clear what my reasonable expectation was and why I was returning the item. To me it was a defect and in my opinion it was reason enough to return the item. I didn't look for a refund or anything for free.

Warranty is to do with something lasting a reasonable amount of time, nothing to do with you liking something or not - so stop bringing up warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭FamousBelgian

fritzelly wrote: »
    Warranty is to do with something lasting a reasonable amount of time, nothing to do with you liking something or not - so stop bringing up warranty

very compelling and persuasive argument there. you really got me now

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread is going nowhere at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭FamousBelgian

L1011 wrote: »
    This thread is going nowhere at this stage.

It never went anywhere. I just asked about the EU two year warranty in Ireland and I got a world of hate. Which I kinda enjoyed until it started to look defamatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The 2 year EU law you were reading about is a Directive. Directives do not automatically apply to every country, they have to be enacted in local legislation to take effect. (In contrast an EU Regulation, like the GDPR, automatically takes effect in all countries when it is issued).

Ireland did not adopt the EU Directive as our consumer laws were deemed to provide greater protection than the EU Directive.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement