Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shanganagh cemetary gate closing times.

• 08-06-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, looking for a bit of help. Can anybody tell me what time they lock the pedestrain gate at shanganagh cemetary please? I know the opening time says until 4:30 but a couple of people have told me thats for the big drive through gate, they say the walk in gate is open until later. If anybody has been there of an evening id appreciate the advice thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't answer the question but FWIW there is a one-way exit gate for pedestrians at Deansgrange where you can get out (but not in) 24 x 7. Right beside it there is a 'walk in' pedestrian gate which I'm pretty sure keeps the same hours as the big (drive in) gates.

I'd doubt that Shanganagh keeps a pedestrian entry gate open late, maybe your contact was referring to an exit only gate similar to the one in Deansgrange.

If nobody answers your question here, I suggest you phone the office in Deansgrange (from where both cemeteries are administered), I'm sure someone there can answer the question...

Dean’s Grange and Shanganagh Cemeteries,
    Dean’s Grange Rd., Blackrock, Co. Dublin.

Phone: 01 2893416

Fax: 01 2898388

E-mail: cemeteries@dlrcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rob Bruton

Thanks very much, got an answer through a friend from Rathdown council who are responsible for locking the gate and im told itvalways open to pedestrian access.

Thanks again.

Advertisement