Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland - Savings Account

Options
  • 08-06-2018 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently set up a Demand Deposit account meaning I can transfer directly from current account to savings account, and vice versa...or so I thought. I was able to transfer funds to the savings account from my current account...but now I am unable to transfer back to my current account...in fact there appears to be no way to access this money at all!

The wording in the T&C's is: You can take money out of a Demand Deposit Account at any
    time by transferring it to your Personal Current Account, using 365
    Online or Phone Banking. Alternatively, you can take money out at
    any of our Bank of Ireland branches...but I cannot seem to do this no matter what I try.

I tried to log this earlier using the service desk but even though I sent the message, it does not appear after that in the inbox section or sent items no don't know if there is an issue with my account or not.

Would appreciate help on this as I am now broke until I can access this money!

Thanks,
    Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Obrieski wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently set up a Demand Deposit account meaning I can transfer directly from current account to savings account, and vice versa...or so I thought. I was able to transfer funds to the savings account from my current account...but now I am unable to transfer back to my current account...in fact there appears to be no way to access this money at all!

The wording in the T&C's is: You can take money out of a Demand Deposit Account at any
    time by transferring it to your Personal Current Account, using 365
    Online or Phone Banking. Alternatively, you can take money out at
    any of our Bank of Ireland branches...but I cannot seem to do this no matter what I try.

I tried to log this earlier using the service desk but even though I sent the message, it does not appear after that in the inbox section or sent items no don't know if there is an issue with my account or not.

Would appreciate help on this as I am now broke until I can access this money!

Thanks,
    Stephen
    Hi Stephen,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

You should be able to transfer freely in and out of this type of savings account. Can I ask if you can see the balance of the savings account on your 365 home page and if when you click into the "Money transfer" tab you're given the option to transfer from the savings account in the drop down menu? 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I can see the balance of the savings account on my 365 home page.
    However, when I click money transfer and select the drop down menu, only the current account shows up...no sign of the savings account?

Thanks for any help you can give with this.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response.

However, when I click money transfer and select the drop down menu, only the current account shows up...no sign of the savings account?

Thanks for checking this, 
    And can I ask when your on your 365 home page of the main 365 website can you see an option that says "Request a withdrawal" beside the balance of your saving account? 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response.

And can I ask when your on your 365 home page of the main 365 website can you see an option that says "Request a withdrawal" beside the balance of your saving account? 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.
    No, this option is not here either.

I can see withdraw funds from my deposit account but that's no real use as it has the 7 day turnaround and I don't want to dig into this account either.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response.

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

I can see withdraw funds from my deposit account but that's no real use as it has the 7 day turnaround and I don't want to dig into this account either.
    Thanks for checking this. From what you've described it sounds as if you don't have a demand deposit account, it would seem as though you have either a 365 monthly saver or mortgage saver account as these would have a 7 day notice period on the for withdrawals. Can I ask if either of those account names would sound familiar. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 

• Advertisement

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response.

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Thanks for checking this. From what you've described it sounds as if you don't have a demand deposit account, it would seem as though you have either a 365 monthly saver or mortgage saver account as these would have a 7 day notice period on the for withdrawals. Can I ask if either of those account names would sound familiar. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    I have just checked the email I received when I opened the account, and it specifically says that it is a Demand Deposit account, as do the T&C's that came with it. Also, I am able to transfer directly from my current account into this account which I cannot do with the 7 day account...plus I have a separate 7 day 365 monthly saver account already.

The Demand Deposit account also appears in the "Day to Day Banking" section on my 365 homepage as opposed to the 365 monthly saver which appears under "Deposits, Investments & Pensions" section on the homepage.

The T&C's that came with the Demand Deposit email also say I can transfer into and out of the account whenever I want so perhaps there is an issue with my online account or something maybe? Can you please look into this as it is becoming very inconvenient for me?

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the response.

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Thanks again, 
    Darren. 
    I have just checked the email I received when I opened the account, and it specifically says that it is a Demand Deposit account, as do the T&C's that came with it. Also, I am able to transfer directly from my current account into this account which I cannot do with the 7 day account...plus I have a separate 7 day 365 monthly saver account already.

The Demand Deposit account also appears in the "Day to Day Banking" section on my 365 homepage as opposed to the 365 monthly saver which appears under "Deposits, Investments & Pensions" section on the homepage.

The T&C's that came with the Demand Deposit email also say I can transfer into and out of the account whenever I want so perhaps there is an issue with my online account or something maybe? Can you please look into this as it is becoming very inconvenient for me?

I'm sorry I can't check account specific information through Boards. But can I ask is the demand deposit account a joint account?
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

No, it’s in my name only. I might be just better calling bank of Ireland? What would be the best number to reach them on?

No, it’s in my name only. I might be just better calling bank of Ireland? What would be the best number to reach them on?

In that case as you said I would ask you to call because from what you have described you should be able to make withdrawals from this account straight away. If you call us on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be able to check the details of this savings account to see why you aren't able to make this transfer.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

In that case as you said I would ask you to call because from what you have described you should be able to make withdrawals from this account straight away. If you call us on 0818 365 365 (or 00353 1 4044000 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be able to check the details of this savings account to see why you aren't able to make this transfer.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thanks for your help Darren - think I got it sorted.
    Apparently there was some item ticked that said it should be a joint account when it shouldn't be.

Strange it never came up before now so hopefully that should fix it.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Obrieski

Thanks for coming back to us.

Great to hear it's been looked into for you.

Appreciate the update :) 

Alison

Advertisement