Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Rain / Thunderstorms Sat June 9th

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Around Monaghan and Baliieborough seem to be the main areas of activity atm

KTLdch3.jpg?1

CYzEhsL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Rumble of thunder in portarlington

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud line bearing rain / lightning very thin, wonder how much left in it since it got going so late . Temperatures quite high still.

65mMXcK.png

temp_uk_vlz8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Just for a bit of amusement.
    Go on to blitztortung.org and look at the European map and see if you can see what I can see.

There could be a break of 20 seconds and suddenly all of Europe will be struck with lightning at once in a huge crescendo.
    Another break and the same thing again over hundreds if not a thousand miles.

Pretty cool.

So far today

QUQOMQn.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Had more or less a rinse and repeat of yesterday here (SW Laois). It was extremely warm around 5pm with pretty impressive CBs building, then 20 minutes or so of thunder followed by huge downpour. Looks like the same again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

Around Monaghan and Baliieborough seem to be the main areas of activity atm

I'm in Kingscourt and we've had little or no rain whilst Bailieboro have had all the fun with thunder and lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Nice clouds on tipperary border hope something comes out of them

Total detected sferics for today.

YM7NdFo.gif

wr4nwOn.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Storm 10 wrote: »

The 70's built home my parents bought in Scotland had a lightning rod on the chimney. I wonder when they stopped fixing them as standard to new builds.

Advertisement