Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bucket List

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭conorhal

If I was to pick one achievable thing, I'd like to see Mountian Gorillas in the wild in Rwanda.

I read Diane Fossey's Biography Gorillas in the Mist after seeing the film and was a bit obsessed with seeing them in the wild.
    I did nearly book the trip a long time ago, but that time was exactly when the civil war broke out there out, which naturally made it unadvisable.
    I'd still like to do it some day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

stimpson wrote: »
    I got to touch Nick Cave on Wednesday so that’s me done. I can die happy now.

Did you shake his red right hand?
    Noveight wrote: »
    1. Ride Dua Lipa.

That's it, really.

Of all the ideas thus far - this is my favourite.

I would also very much like to ride the lovely Dua.
    (Dua - I would be open to some form of tag team event if you're pushed for time, I'm considerate that way;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I need to revisit my list I think, not that I ever had an actual tangible list at any point but there were always things that I wanted to do and I've gotten to scratch a couple of things off it.

1. Visited Japan, big tick off the list but it's back on my list again because I just didn't have enough time there.
    2. Went on a safari trip in Sri Lanka, however I would still like to go on an African safari at some point.
    3. Visited New York, this city has always been somewhere I wanted to visit and like Japan it's on my list to revisit at least another couple of times.
    4. Skydiving, this one was on my list since watching Point Break in the 90s. I will probably do it again sometime but I'd be more nervous the 2nd time because now I know what's in store!

Things I haven't yet done that I would like to,
    1. Climb Kilamanjaro
    2. Travel the Caribbean
    3. Travel South America, in particular Argentina and Columbia.
    4. Do one of those really long zip wires through a forest

I'm sure other things will be added over my life time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Mine is to get the whole world to stop from ever again using the phrase 'Bucket List'. Uggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Clear my browsing history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

One thing I would love to say to people is if there is an ambition you have for something you want to do, start planning for it today. Don’t keep pushing it off into the future.

I always just assumed I’d see NYC. But it was always in the future. Some Day.

Now, it’s unlikely I will and I’m gutted. And it’s not just a money issue, it’s an energy one too. You need stamina to visit NYC that I just don’t have anymore. I went to both London and Berlin recently for short trips and, honestly, they were both endurance tests for me. I fought pain the whole time. Not very relaxing. I don’t want to see New York by halves.

So that thing you want to do? Set it in motion, even if it is just saving a bit of money towards it every week.

Advertisement