Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mack is back: Fight night/thread June 9 BT Sports.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

pac_man wrote: »
    I have never seen a worse fight. I’m not massively experienced in boxing, but that was worse than WWF wrestling.

That's the issue I have with this fight. People tuned into this fight that probably wouldn't normally watch boxing after seeing the hype surrounding Fury and his comeback. After watching the fight, I'm not sure they'd be tuning in to his next fight.
    I watch all the Sky fights, especially the PPV, watch Frampton because I’m from Belfast, went to see him against Quigg, will watch Mick Conlon, I’ve shaken Joshua’s hand, and watched Fury Klitschko, so I maybe watch more than most. But I don’t really understand the strategy and technique of it. But I know enough to know that that wasn’t a boxing match. It was a mismatch and they didn’t even try to pretend. It wasn’t even a fix as Seferi would have pretended to have gone down.

Even the fight in the crowd made it seem like more of a spectacle than a sporting event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

It is what it is. Anyone making any conclusions on Fury going forward based on that is talking absolute nonsense. He's still working his way into fighting shape. Opponent had zero intentions of bringing a fight to him which is what Fury needed really.

Good that they're keeping him active. Would like to see him in with someone like an Ian Lewison who will at least bring the fight to him and have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭liamoreilly

...off topic kinda...But how long did the fight in the crowd go on for?...It seemed be still going on in the last few seconds of the next round...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

...off topic kinda...But how long did the fight in the crowd go on for?...It seemed be still going on in the last few seconds of the next round...
    There was as much action in the crowd as there was in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

DfSF-YyXcAA-YJx.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Can't believe it! Like watching hagler Hearns all over again, sensational stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Fight in the crowd

We got a double header with the fight in back round 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I know it's not really his fault so far as he unified his division but I can't wait to see Crawford fight someone truly world class for once. Hopefully happens sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Johner wrote: »
    I know it's not really his fault so far as he unified his division but I can't wait to see Crawford fight someone truly world class for once. Hopefully happens sooner rather than later.

I been thinking the same quite a while now...

His record suggests brilliance, but he has yet to fight one true elite..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Seems to be the case with a lot of the top 3 in the P4P that most people have.

Crawford beating Postol looked monstrous after Postol beat Matthysse but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth since. Gamboa was once elite probably, not when he fought him. Burns, Indongo, Beltran, Molina all good wins but none were never close to elite.

Golovkin has beaten a bunch of crap to average to good fighters, and drew with the only elite he has fought. Now Adelaide Byrd aside, it wasn't a clear cut win for Golovkin like most would state, it was a close fight and a draw was a pretty decent verdict. Had Adelaide scored it for Canelo 115-113 then I doubt anyone who be screaming about robbery.

Lomachenko has beaten a midget and ancient Rigondeaux and beaten a guy who's known for destroying a well past it Darchinyan and Donaire who was tiny in comparison to Walters. Linares is a beautiful fighter to watch but he went life and death with Kevin Mitchell and eeked his way past Cambell as well as having several losses already. Gary Russell is probably the best fighter he's faced at that time, and certainly has elite talent and ability but he seems to only fight when the previous fight's paycheck is all used up. Couldn't call him elite based on that.

Sor Rungvisai in beating Gonzalez twice (maybe only once but the rematch left no doubts) as well as Estrada so in terms of beating elites, he should be #1 P4P, especially seeing as Gonzalez was #1 when he beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Did anybody else notice when they had that Tale Of The Tape bit on the show last night. They listed Tyson's height as being 6 ft 8.75 inches and Seferi as 6 ft 2 inches. I checked this online (after hearing a couple of guy's talking about it online), and Seferi is only 5ft 10!!!. I mean it's bad enough that they try to brainwash you in to thinking that it is actually entertaining, without telling you downright lies so that you don't work out that it is complete mismatch.

I commented on that. Seferi is not even 6 feet tall..

Anyone hear the commentary in the Horn fight?

Implied that Crawford a real bully. Thrown out of several schools for it...

Will be actively cheering against him now..

Nobody said Lomachenko isn’t elite. Read the post again..

Poster is detailing Lomachenko’s victims...

You must have missed that part.

I didn’t..

Read again. He meant that about Russell...that is how I read it.

Yes, one could make your mistake...that’s their problem...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Seeing a video there from down beside the real fight (the one in the crowd). Like something you'd see on one of the cop shows with cctv footage. 3or 4 lads kicking the **** out of a lad on the ground at one stage.

Musnt have much security in the crowd.

Yeah I was obviously referring to Russell.
    elite talent and ability but he seems to only fight when the previous fight's paycheck is all used up. Couldn't call him elite based on that.

Only parallel between Russell and Lomachenko in that statement is the elite talent and ability. Lomachenko is very active and wants to fight as often as possible. GRJ looks like he has no heart for the sport and just fights to keep the bank figure ticking over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone hear the commentary in the Horn fight?

Implied that Crawford a real bully. Thrown out of several schools for it...

Will be actively cheering against him now..

I heard that but wasn't sure if it was the commentators way of hyping the fight, it's a pretty dumb thing to say true or not.

I do know Crawford comes from a pretty tough area and had it hard growing up, I think he was shot too.

• Advertisement

Your previous post is quite confusing as you slate Crawford, GGG and Lomachenko's opponents. Just to be clear, do you think Lomachenko is an elite boxer?

All three are quite clearly elite fighters themselves

Advertisement