Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir won't release the UAN, phone line still active

Options
  • 09-06-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

The account was in my mother's name who died, we had telephone and broadband services.

We cancel the account via email on the 31st May 2018 and got confirmation on the 1st June saying it be done within 24 hours.

On the 5th June it was still active and phoned up 1901 and was told it be done that day, on the 6th June still active and was told it be done within an hour, on the 7th June still active and was told it be done within 24 hours as waiting for computer etc, yesterday we got an email saying that the account is cancelled but we still have a live phone as can make calls to it and tried dialing out on it to see if it works and does.

We can't phone up 1901 as have to put in either the account number or phone number and saying it is invalid.

They won't release the UAN number so we can switch providers and we can't even switch as the phone line is still active but can't contact eir as you have to put in account number or phone number but saying invalid.

What can we do

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

<SNIP>

Contact the Eir reps here is probably your best bet: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ants09

whiterebel wrote: »
    Contact the Eir reps here is probably your best bet: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

Don't you think I already done that

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ants09 wrote: »
    Don't you think I already done that

No need to be smart. You didn't say you had already contacted them.

whiterebel wrote: »
    No need to be smart. You didn't say you had already contacted them.

Sorry if you think I was smart or sarcastic replying to you as i wasn't and wasn't my intention.

Yes I contacted them on here and they are not helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Isn't the UAN on the bill and you just give this to the new provider?

These days lines can be left live after cancellation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

The Uan is only used if you are transferring the account

You say you have cancelled the account so the Uan will be of no use to a new supplier it will come back invalid

grinder23 wrote: »
    The Uan is only used if you are transferring the account

You say you have cancelled the account so the Uan will be of no use to a new supplier it will come back invalid

According to comreg you can cancel the account but still entitled to the UAN as you need that for another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

If youve cancelled, there is no UAN. You'll need to start again.

According to comreg you can cancel the account but still entitled to the UAN as you need that for another provider. - Wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As above, UAN is only good while theres an active service. Your service is in the process of cessation by OpenEir and thus a transfer is impossible.

You can order a new service in a few days time from Pure/Vodafone/Digiweb etc. Forget Sky though now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

ED E wrote: »
    As above, UAN is only good while theres an active service. Your service is in the process of cessation by OpenEir and thus a transfer is impossible.

You can order a new service in a few days time from Pure/Vodafone/Digiweb etc. Forget Sky though now.

SKy can still do it and reactivate the line, via their new line provide process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SKy can still do it and reactivate the line, via their new line provide process.

Can, but good luck getting a CSR to manage it.

Advertisement