Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Agency work classed as casual for mortgage

Options
  • 09-06-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a quick question.

I am permanent employment through an agency, they signed the salary cert for the purpose of obtaining a mortgage, however they only put down my hourly rate in the salary section and classed it as irregular in the options box.

Would this be deemed as casual employment now?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Agency work is normally classified as casual in nature- it doesn't matter whether you consider yourself to be permanent or not- no-one else does..........
    Whether its acceptable for the purpose of putting in a mortgage application- you really need to contact a mortgage broker/independent financial advisor and see what they can find for you.

I did a few years for Grafton in an organisation- and was turned down for a mortgage when I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I was fearing that would be the case!

We are going for the rebuilding ireland mortgage now, I'd say we will get the same answer from them too!

Agency work is normally classified as casual in nature- it doesn't matter whether you consider yourself to be permanent or not- no-one else does..........
    Whether its acceptable for the purpose of putting in a mortgage application- you really need to contact a mortgage broker/independent financial advisor and see what they can find for you.

I did a few years for Grafton in an organisation- and was turned down for a mortgage when I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi, just a quick question.

I am permanent employment through an agency, they signed the salary cert for the purpose of obtaining a mortgage, however they only put down my hourly rate in the salary section and classed it as irregular in the options box.

Would this be deemed as casual employment now?

Thanks in advance

Do you have a letter from them saying you have a contract of indefinite duration? If you do then you're a permanent employee and need to be paid redundancy if the work dries up. The fact that you do the work on the premises of their client and are paid hourly is irrelevant.

If not then you're a temp.

Advertisement