Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change contact details after moving abroad

Options
  • 09-06-2018 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I need to change my contact details as I now live in Canada.

Since moving here I have not been able to add new payees to my banking365 as your system uses text messaging but this is connected to my Irish number, which is no longer in use.

I am basically unable to access a lot of features of my online account due to this. 

I need to be able to update my account in such a way that I am not getting a hard stop due to your system needing to use my Irish number for verification.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to link to a Canadian number, but in any case there must be a way I can continue to use my account from abroad. Maybe I can use email for verification?

Is there an email or contact number where I can reach somebody to have this dealt with?  

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

I need to change my contact details as I now live in Canada.

Since moving here I have not been able to add new payees to my banking365 as your system uses text messaging but this is connected to my Irish number, which is no longer in use.

I am basically unable to access a lot of features of my online account due to this. 

I need to be able to update my account in such a way that I am not getting a hard stop due to your system needing to use my Irish number for verification.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to link to a Canadian number, but in any case there must be a way I can continue to use my account from abroad. Maybe I can use email for verification?

Is there an email or contact number where I can reach somebody to have this dealt with?  

Hi brokenaudio,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to call us on 0035314044000 and the advisers there will be more than happy to help you change the address on your account. Once that is done you can then change the phone number registered to receive these code and you can use a Canadian number for that. I would just ask you to put the international code on the mobile number when adding it.
    When the address is changed you can update the phone number through "Amend my mobile number for security codes" section and this is within the "Manage Accounts" tab of your 365 online home page.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement