Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft & international beers - where to buy them?

Options
  • 09-06-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

I’d like to try find a shop with a good selection of craft and international beers (not bars - though Caribou or Bierhaus are a good choice!).

Dunnes and Fine Wines tend to have some stock, with Joyces and McCambridge’s being a bit better.

Is there anywhere else worth looking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

O'Briens on the headford road, Super Valu barna have a good stock of craft...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

O'Briens also deliver if you're getting 50 quid worth. Check out their website to see what they have.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/beers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

O'Briens also deliver if you're getting 50 quid worth. Check out their website to see what they have.

https://www.obrienswine.ie/beers.html

Order over €60 is free delivery.

Order under €60 has a €4.99 delivery fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

O'Briens are excellent. Joyce's has massively upped their game too and is almost as good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Some Supervalues are great too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I forgot about O’Briens - don’t usually head out towards that shopping centre - I’ll have a look.

No SuperValus in the city anymore... But Joyce’s tend to have a decent selection tbf

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I forgot about O’Briens - don’t usually head out towards that shopping centre - I’ll have a look.

No SuperValus in the city anymore... But Joyce’s tend to have a decent selection tbf
    Joyce's were always only decent but in the last week they've gone all in, Fourpure, Wylam, Lervig, Stone to name but a few of the breweries. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Mccambridges would stock a good variety

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Joyce's were always only decent but in the last week they've gone all in, Fourpure, Wylam, Lervig, Stone to name but a few of the breweries. Great to see.
    ArtyC wrote: »
    Mccambridges would stock a good variety

Actually I noticed Joyce's started to carry Westmalle which is an incredible trappist beer every beer lover should try. Also really fond on the Mescan range particularly the saison.

I used to call in to McCambridges more often but I think their selection has gone a bit downhill actually while Joyce's has gone up.

Still, O'Brien's is the best bet (in person or online). When you're really stuck for something unique (gift, etc) I have used www.drinkstore.ie a few times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Actually I noticed Joyce's started to carry Westmalle which is an incredible trappist beer every beer lover should try. Also really fond on the Mescan range particularly the saison.

I used to call in to McCambridges more often but I think their selection has gone a bit downhill actually while Joyce's has gone up.

Still, O'Brien's is the best bet (in person or online). When you're really stuck for something unique (gift, etc) I have used www.drinkstore.ie a few times as well.

Joyces had Westmalle and Rochefort not so long ago. McCambridge's had Orval (first time I've seen it outside a bar). And O'Brien's had Delirium and Duvel when I checked yesterday. (I did an Erasmus semester in Belgium... a little attached to Belgian beers!)

• Advertisement

Pen Rua wrote: »

Joyces had Westmalle and Rochefort not so long ago. McCambridge's had Orval (first time I've seen it outside a bar). And O'Brien's had Delirium and Duvel when I checked yesterday. (I did an Erasmus semester in Belgium... a little attached to Belgian beers!)
    O'Briens have the Straffe Hendrik quad too.

Advertisement