Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

So I should hold onto Lukaku? Was tempted as he is over 200k at the moment.

Him, Firmino and IF Insigne are my best 3 cards and I want to cash in at the best time.

Thursday will probably be the best time to sell IMO with everyone gearing up for the weekend league prices seem to skyrocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

ShaneU wrote: »
    The one touch ping pong football the AI pulls off at the higher difficulty is ridiculous though, feels like cheating.

Yes, it can be frustrating when you get them into trouble by pressuring them and they pull off some crazy passing moves to get out. I managed to win the league by a couple of points but had 3 games against Juve and lost every one by a large margin. They were virtually impossible to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Packed Varane last night so I splashed out a little on Vertonghen and OTW Alisson. Only a touch over 100k for both but I noticed the difference immediately, Vertonghen and Sanchez together are unbelievable, and Alisson saves twice as much as Leno for me, especially long shots. Just need Goretzka and Lewandowski now to finish off the team I’m hoping to build.

• Administrators Posts: 54,059 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The one touch ping pong football the AI pulls off at the higher difficulty is ridiculous though, feels like cheating.
    FIFA has always been like this, it's ridiculous how perfect the AI is at the very top levels. Pretty much impossible to tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is there a run through of moves and tips for playing.
    Eg long fines shots, finesh shots, best technique for corners?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Anyone finding the new shooting system a bit tricky?

15+ years of perfecting the shooting system, only for it to be changed :pac:

i gave up on the new system and went back to the old one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Is it just me or are the games a little slow in FUT? Passing, counter-attack etc over past FIFA games?

Haven't bought any packs but I always build a Bundesliga team, not the greatest league quality team over past seasons, hoping for a few standout TOTW players over the season to strengthen mine up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

For some reason talks always break down after I agree to loan out a youth player, deeming the youth academy useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I gave up on fut after 2 days! I never buy packs but usually create a decent enough side. This year seems unless you buy packs youll get left behind

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i thought id checkout fifa 19 on the young lads XBone as i was half tempted to buy it for PC.
    Was that is until i saw how they gave practically all defenders a magic speed boost to catch a faster player who also has 20 yards on them, utterly stupid and one massive reason i wont be buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Dcully wrote: »
    So i thought id checkout fifa 19 on the young lads XBone as i was half tempted to buy it for PC.
    Was that is until i saw how they gave practically all defenders a magic speed boost to catch a faster player who also has 20 yards on them, utterly stupid and one massive reason i wont be buying.

Yeah its ridiculous, id gary cahill catch up with me at one point when through on goal.. Says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Yeah its ridiculous, id gary cahill catch up with me at one point when through on goal.. Says it all

I do find the defending pace a bit much but many times I use the right analogue to push it ahead and sprint and then use the L2 to outmuscle them.

Doesn't work all the time but you're always going to have them imbalances in a game. If the attacker always outpaces Cahill then you're going to have people playing through balls all day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Tried career mode and i will not be doing that again. Its beyond boring. It hasnt changed in anyway since last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Needs an update badly. Wayyyy different to last years Fifa...in a bad way, simple passes are going astray. Defending is a joke as previously mentioned...Mertesacker would catch Mbappe the way the game is this year

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Anyone finding bugs in Career mode?

When I go to view squad list/teamsheet in the menu it's a blank soccer pitch with no players on it (just 1 black shape head outline with gobbledygook text underneath)

So I've to play with the default team every time.

Then during a game if pause to make a substitution, first of all the players won't swap out at all and the I can't go back to the game. I'm just continually stuck to roam around the pause menu and therefore have to quit.

I've installed the latest updates too. Bit of a pain as I don't play FUT/online modes really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

When you bring out your keeper to stop a ball going over the endline for a corner and he runs at a snail's pace with a stance like he's a rod up his arse.
    And of course he doesn't make it to the ball on time.

I really like how they have reduced the importance of pace, and you have to actually play football a bit. But some of the time it's just stupid, attackers clean through on goal with huge head starts running like they're in treacle, while centre halves suddenly become Usain Bolt.

When you bring out your keeper to stop a ball going over the endline for a corner and he runs at a snail's pace with a stance like he's a rod up his arse.
    And of course he doesn't make it to the ball on time.
    Keeper AI has always been a bit thick in FIFA.

The other one that drives me crazy is when the keeper makes a save at the very end of the game when you are 1 goal down, and he lies on the ground and then gets up really slowly. It makes absolutely no sense, but they've never fixed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This game can be incredibly frustrating at times, these games just don't happen in real life

Dp-W3WFX0AYhvMM?format=jpg

I hit the post twice. Their goal came from the defender I selected deciding to run in the opposite direction of the ball.

This game can be incredibly frustrating at times, these games just don't happen in real life

Dp-W3WFX0AYhvMM?format=jpg

I hit the post twice. Their goal came from the defender I selected deciding to run in the opposite direction of the ball.

There's hundreds of thousands of games played in Fifa. Are you saying these things never happy in real life? ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Why when losing in the last minute and you're through on goal to score an equaliser and it hits the post?

Constantly happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

awec wrote: »
    I really like how they have reduced the importance of pace, and you have to actually play football a bit. But some of the time it's just stupid, attackers clean through on goal with huge head starts running like they're in treacle, while centre halves suddenly become Usain Bolt.

Agreed. It's good that pace isn't the be all and end all. But now having a fast attacker means nothing, you will always always get caught up when running onto a through ball, regardless of the pace difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

this sounds like dirt if im honest. i havnt bought either this or Pro evo this year. I was Pro Evo last year, thinking of giving FIFA a shot after a few years off. Dont know if ill bother now

akelly02 wrote: »
    this sounds like dirt if im honest. i havnt bought either this or Pro evo this year. I was Pro Evo last year, thinking of giving FIFA a shot after a few years off. Dont know if ill bother now

Last time I bought it was fifa 16. Very happy I got it this year. I think it's a brilliant game. I only play career mode though.

It's better than 17 and 18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is there a way to just go attacking or defensive like last year? I find having to set up 5 formations for each team I pick very cumbersome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Right and left on the d-pad let you go from balanced to more attacking or more defensive. You don't have to have a different formation for each one, if you assign a different formation to that tactic though then it will change to that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertDL

There are usually promotions on black friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

RobertDL wrote: »
    There are usually promotions on black friday?

I have a code to take £6 off the price on Amazon. First to DM me can have it if they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

I also have a £6 off voucher for Amazon. Valid on standard edition only. PM if you want it.

Advertisement