Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken icecream

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Surely when the buyer handed over the money she formed a cone-tract with the seller, the item broke, wasn't dropped so the fit for purpose thing is real meaning the cone-tract was broken by the seller?
    Thanks Alan!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Bad customer service on the part of the manager. A replacement cone should have been offered straightaway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

She crushed the cone with her hand or toppled the ice cream while licking/biting it.

A defective, broken cone? Jaysus what next. I'm done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

T-Maxx wrote:
    She crushed the cone with her hand or toppled the ice cream while licking/biting it.

You don't know that. All we can go on is what the op has told us & he definitely didn't say that

I don't think anyone is suggesting going to court or solicitors letters. Op is just curious as to what the law says. I know it can sound petty but the same law covers this as larger more expensive items

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i dont know if the cone was broke before she got it or if she broke it. she claimed it snapped of very easy.

no one is goig to court . just wondering what the law states

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sounds like this shop manager got 99 problems but...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

People also forget, attitude goes a long way too. This lady could have stormed back in and shouted at the other (maybe young) staff member causing the manager to step in. In that case, I'd rightly tell the lady to clear off, even if the cone costs cents. There's two sides to every story but we only every hear 3rd or 4th hand stuff on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Snotty wrote: »
    People also forget, attitude goes a long way too. This lady could have stormed back in and shouted at the other (maybe young) staff member causing the manager to step in. In that case, I'd rightly tell the lady to clear off, even if the cone costs cents. There's two sides to every story but we only every hear 3rd or 4th hand stuff on here.

normally i would agree with you. we usually only hear one side .

its not 3rd hand. i was right there when she came back in . straight to the point maybe but not rude.
    the 'manager' was at the till beside the window so saw the cone fall. she went straight to the girl who made the cone (now serving me) and told her the cone broke . 'manager' comes over and tells her to buy another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Cones are brittle and i see them in my local shop and uses them when he likes a tub of ice cream as you have a choice and uses the broken cone as a scoop and its not wasted and hmmmmm lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

the 'manager' was at the till beside the window so saw the cone fall.

So he seen what happened and formulated the decision she didn't deserve a new cone based on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

I once lost a fancy cone to a seagull in Cornwall. Had to do the walk of shame back to the shop and not a penny discount. Judging by their reaction I wasn’t the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Sounds like this shop manager got 99 problems but...

/close thread

ðŸ˜

Advertisement