Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

• 09-06-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Lysander rises in his plush suburban house. His new ghoul and Clarissa had gotten on splendidly over the past month, partially due to Clarissa's new talents, she'd taken to Dominate almost as if she were Lasombra herself. Her innate ability had advanced no further however.

The city had been reasonably quite, no political games recently, Jaqueline seemed to be absorbed in the mundane day to day of being a prince and Cock Robin was out of California on some high priority mission, due back this week.

No, instead he had been absorbed in his studies of the Giovanni arts. Speaking of which, the message on his phone from Catalda means that tonight is the night. The final lesson. He was going to breach the barrier between this world and the next.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander enters his study and checks his emails as he admires the house he is now becoming accustomed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Just two emails show up.

Hey kid, should be back in two days. Hope you've got an army of zombies under your command. Things are pretty hectic here. The government knows more than we thought. A lot more.

Lysander, something to discuss regarding our new human mayor. Permission to enter Gangrel territory granted.

Adriano, Primogen extraordinaire

Fourier wrote: »
    Just two emails show up.

Hey kid, should be back in two days. Hope you've got an army of zombies under your command. Things are pretty hectic here. The government knows more than we thought. A lot more.

Lysander writes back to Cock Robin:

'Tonight is the night. Training going well my friend. I look forward to your return.

L.

Lysander, something to discuss regarding our new human mayor. Permission to enter Gangrel territory granted.

Adriano, Primogen extraordinaire

To this he responds:

Intriguing. I shall endeavour to visit to discuss tomorrow night.

Lysander.

He shuts down the laptop and leaves the study, listening out for Clarissa or Martha. When he picks up their voices he will go to see them.

Martha is practicing her acting in the sitting room. Standing facing the bare wall.

"No! It can't be, I am a Toreador, I'd never betray my clan...even for you my love...but the others, they know what we are...

Oh! Lysander, didn't see you there!"

Lysander smiles at Martha. He seats himself in one of the large armchairs and looks up at his ghoul.

'Good evening my dear. What movie are you working on right now? Anything interesting? I must discuss with our hosts trying to extend your work, perhaps make a name for yourself, seperate of me. Your acting brings a little warmth to this otherwise cold body.'

He looks around.

'Where is Clarissa? I must arrange another training night with her in the very near future. She always surprises me, that... girl.'

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander smiles at Martha. He seats himself in one of the large armchairs and looks up at his ghoul.

'Good evening my dear. What movie are you working on right now? Anything interesting? I must discuss with our hosts trying to extend your work, perhaps make a name for yourself, seperate of me. Your acting brings a little warmth to this otherwise cold body.'

He looks around.

'Where is Clarissa? I must arrange another training night with her in the very near future. She always surprises me, that... girl.'
    It's about a Toreador who loved a Nosferatu in life and how their clans push them apart. Easy enough to play at this point.

I'd really appreciate you nudging my career on like that, really I mean, or at least as much as I still have feelings beyond whatever you lot have implanted or distorted my mind into" she smiles as she says this.

"Clarissa is out back. Appearing and disappearing. Weird even for you guys."

Lysander stands.

'Of course. I shall see to it that you at least get the chance to progress. Any... agents or indeed directors you would like to work with? I'm sure I could come to an... arrangement with them.'

He smiles.

'Of course, I just hope when you are famous, you won't forget about us. Clarissa would miss you - as would I.'

"Ha! Famous I doubt that will happen. Let me draw up a list of who I'd like to get closer to. Thank you Lysander, for this and the blood. Most people's vitae just keeps my youth, but yours...I feel stronger...kind of odd."

From the slight ripples in her shadow, Lysander can tell she is beginning to weakly manifest Obtenebration.

"And I'll always keep Clarissa in mind. A down to Earth girl, who is uniquely odd, funny combination."

'Never say never, my dear Martha. Power, fame... one day you will have it all. For just like me, you are drawn to it.'

He smiles again and leaves the room, heading out the back to see Clarissa.

Clarissa sits with folded legs in the garden outside, near the beautiful California wild roses.

"Hi Lysander, I can do it with ease no. Enter and exit, it's a amazing."

Clarissa in the past few days had claimed her power let her visit a small hut, suspended in a void. Though there had been no proof of this.

• Advertisement

'Really? Someday you must show me this place, do you think you could take someone with you if you tried?'

"Yeah totally! I'll just head off now"

Clarissa disappears, but Lysander's Vampiric senses smell the tint of Vitae common to Obfuscate, it smells like Nosferatu.

She reappears.

"Okay it's ready, want to come?"

Lysander shrugs.

'Yes, why not. But not for too long - I have a very important appointment.'

"Okay Mr. Busy..." she laughs rolling her eyes.

"Just place your hand on my shoulder"

Lysander nods and places his hand on Clarissa's shoulder.

Lysander feels sick in his Vitae, the fluid churning about in his veins.

A odd shudder of the air and the whole world goes black.

There is just a void.

Except for the hut about half a mile up ahead.

Lysander moves towards the hut, looking around to see if Clarissa is with him.

'What is this place?'

Lysander moves towards the hut, looking around to see if Clarissa is with him.

'What is this place?'
    "You know Ly, I don't really know, just pushing my abilities and then poof, here I am."

She pushes open the hut door, inside the hut is kitted out in posters of popular bands and a PC run a track of same.

"Wish the view was better than a void"

Lysander steps inside the hut and takes a closer look around.

'And you can do this at will? Incredible.'

"Yes, but it's draining, I need to drink much more when I do it, but it's a pretty safe place"

• Advertisement

'Any reason you come here? Or just to test your abilities. We need to spend more time together, Clarissa my dear... perhaps we can schedule a night to hunt and talk? Right now... I'm afraid we have to go back. I have an important meeting to attend.'

"I feel I should come here...or something like that...my blood tells me so. Heh, that probably makes no sense I guess"

She claps her hands and they are back in Lysander's garden.

"I'd really like to go hunting sometime, see a pro at work"

"I feel I should come here...or something like that...my blood tells me so. Heh, that probably makes no sense I guess"

She claps her hands and they are back in Lysander's garden.

"I'd really like to go hunting sometime, see a pro at work"

'Of course. Perhaps in two nights time. I will show you how it is done.

Then... it will be your turn, and I will not interfere - unless it is necessary. Call it a lesson, if you like.'

'Of course. Perhaps in two nights time. I will show you how it is done.

Then... it will be your turn, and I will not interfere - unless it is necessary. Call it a lesson, if you like.'
    "Cooooooooool!!!!!" Clarissa says while jumping a bit.

"Can we go somewhere classy? Like one of the fancy UCLA clubs?"

Lysander smiles.

'Wherever you like my dear. Make sure to buy yourself something nice for wearing in that case, if you haven't already got something. Martha can arrange the funds, like she does with everything else.'

Lysander waves to Clarissa, heads for his car and makes for the Giovanni compound. Time to do this.

Arriving at the Giovanni estate, Lysander sees that Catalda has spared no expense on his final ceremony. A greeting party awaits him at the door, fine blood on offer, sourced from well to do Italian American who've made it big in Hollywood, some movie stars have even shown up, ghouls of the local Giovanni.

Catalda stands at the door frame and nods at Lysander when she sees his car approach.

Lysander steps out of his vehicle and greets Catalda warmly.

'A pleasure, as always my friend. I thank you greatly for this reception.'

Lysander steps out of his vehicle and greets Catalda warmly.

'A pleasure, as always my friend. I thank you greatly for this reception.'
    "No need to thank me, for this has been an exchange my dear, I am know rich in Lasombra knowledge...I felt the shadows move in response to my thoughts last night...soon the discipline will manifest, I know it"

She offers her cheek to kiss.

OOC: First just indicate if you go to kiss her

Lysander kisses Catalda's cheek respectfully.

OOC: No tongue :P

• Advertisement

Lysander's senses drink in the smell of rich Vitae just beneath the skin. The power, the knowledge, the secrets. His beasts whispers to him to take it, it's basically being given on a platter.

OOC: Self-Control roll

Advertisement