Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander looks at Cock Robin and shrugs, before murmuring.

'Nothing of note from me, anyways... or you need me to say anything?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander looks at Cock Robin and shrugs, before murmuring.

'Nothing of note from me, anyways... or you need me to say anything?'
    "Not at all Lysander" she smiles.

The rest all shake their heads, subdued in light of Strauss being humiliated.

"Alright then, all of you are dismissed"

Lysander leans back in his chair.

'Well, all things considered I think that went rather well.'

Lysander leans back in his chair.

'Well, all things considered I think that went rather well.'
    Cock Robin lights a cigarette.

"Well it certainly did for you kid..." he obfuscates his speech "...good to get in position. An Archon needs their own turf. When I go back to being a full time Justicar, I'll need an established subordinate here on the West Coast"

Lysander nods.

'Of course. I know it is probably my decision, but I presume you approve of the territory and candidate for siring?'

• Advertisement

Lysander nods.

'Of course. I know it is probably my decision, but I presume you approve of the territory and candidate for siring?'
    "Territory I like. The candidate, that's really a clan intimate thing. You got the Lasombra intuition on that. As a Noz, I wouldn't think of any of these guys for siring. Though ever hear of ironic siring?"

Lysander nods, and rises to his feet.

'Yes, I suppose it is. I think he'll suit the clan nicely...

Ironic siring?'

Lysander nods, and rises to his feet.

'Yes, I suppose it is. I think he'll suit the clan nicely...

Ironic siring?'
    "Old idea, sometimes the people who take to the clan the best are those who were the opposite in life. Like a Ventrue siring some communist equal wealth type. Toreador siring somebody who shunned the finery in life and lived frugally. For a Lasombra, somebody who is disgusted by the idea of personal achievement without regard for others, or who hates the idea of winning at all costs and utter selfishness, maybe. Most people don't like those things, but usually your looking for somebody who hates them, cause they know they like it"

Fourier wrote: »
    "Old idea, sometimes the people who take to the clan the best are those who were the opposite in life. Like a Ventrue siring some communist equal wealth type. Toreador siring somebody who shunned the finery in life and lived frugally. For a Lasombra, somebody who is disgusted by the idea of personal achievement without regard for others, or who hates the idea of winning at all costs and utter selfishness, maybe. Most people don't like those things, but usually your looking for somebody who hates them, cause they know they like it"

Lysander ponders this for a moment.

'You might have a point.'

He lifts the dossier up again.

'I should study this for the most suitable candidate... however I must go now. I have a promise to my house guest to keep. I'll catch you soon, Rob.'

Lysander stands and makes to leave the meeting room, nodding to Louis and bowing towards the other Primogens he passes on the way out.

**Inner dialogue**

'Soon... they will bow to me.'

The Primogens either smile or nod in return, Teresa in particular appreciates the gesture given her earlier skepticism.

As Lysander heads for the door, Therese Voerman follows after him.

"How did you like the laptop I gave you?"

OOC: It's a bit unfortunate that there are two Primogens with such similar names!

• Advertisement

Lysander turns and regards Therese with a smile.

'Laptop....? Oh, yes... well - I suppose I should have asked... I didn't think Mr. Carson would be requiring it. It's a fine machine, and he..... kindly left his login details.'

He looks at Therese.

'You can have it back if you like, if it were to cause offence.'

Therese's sister and fellow Primogen Jeanette comes out laughing.

"Therese are you still obsessed with that, the dreams ain't always right"

She walks up to Lysander.

"She thinks you are Larry, isn't that a laugh?"

OOC: Malkavians are usualy viewed as unhinged, though really it's that there minds have been altered to be more aware of the supernatural, causing them to think differently. They have a weak 'hive mind' that some of them can tap into supposedly and often have prophetic dreams or sudden insights were they realise something that should be impossible to figure out. They basically never pick the wrong mortal for Siring, part of the otherworldly knowledge is knowing exactly who suits their clan

Jeanette in the games:
    am9l8x.jpg

Jeanette in the books:
    gYbUcV.jpg

Shrugging, Lysander laughs.

'Quite the curious comparison... although I suppose the Ventrue are in a few ways similar to the Lasombra.... with a few clear differences.'

He frowns.

'Most of my kins obsession with the Sabbat being one... however - hopefully I can begin to change that.'

"See Therese, they don't even look alike...kid you can keep the laptop...come on Therese"

The head back inside, Therese looks back at Lysander.

"Sorry, the visions, perhaps the two of you are both connected to something rather than being one person"

Jeanette laughs.

"Yeah, one person, they say the same about us Therese and you know that's nonsense"

Therese frowns.

"Alright, alright..." Jeanette replies "...it's complicated I know"

They go back in, leaving Lysander in the hall.

Lysander makes for the exit and heads for his car, hopping in and driving for his house.

He has a date with a Tzsimice.

He arrives at his house, hearing classical music playing within.

Clarissa comes running out.

"Ly...this guy...like no way!! He's amazing, it's like meeting a celebrity. Heh, you know and all the media about him, such a nice guy. A bit poshy, but who cares"

Lysander smiles at Clarissa.

'You like him then?'

He gets out of his car.

'Let's go back inside then. We have a pressing engagement tonight.'

Lysander enters and the man is sitting in medieval black robes on the couch with a glass of blood. The cloak has a dragon on it. Lysander knows

"I brought some of the finest Mr. Karpov, want some"

As he turns he shows the back of the cloak, adorned with a crest Lysander knows from history classes when he was a boy.

kYZlB7.png

The old rulers of Southern Romanian, the House of Drăculești.

Lysander admires the crest and thinks back to simpler days.

'Amazing quality. The stitchwork...'

He sits down on one of the chairs.

'Yes, a glass would be nice - before we take our short trip.'

"Well, here is some richer blood from Bucharest, ever tasted the finery of your own nation Lysander?"

• Advertisement

Lysander shakes his head.

'No, I left as a young child - before... well...'

He takes a taste.

'Exquisite. How did you get this into the country, may I ask?'

"How did I get based Mortal border control or why did the Camarilla dominated East coast of this nation permit an unaligned like myself entry do you mean?"

Fourier wrote: »
    "How did I get based Mortal border control or why did the Camarilla dominated East coast of this nation permit and unaligned like myself entry do you mean?"

Lysander smirks.

'I was wondering about the blood... but now that you have brought it up... both.'

Lysander smirks.

'I was wondering about the blood... but now that you have brought it up... both.'
    "Ah, the Camrilla arranged for the blood. I and the old Tzimisce lords may not be part of your government, but there is certainly a benefit to being correctly integrated with mortal society. I suppose we may be too stuck in feudal times.

Mortal authorities were also handled by your superiors.

As for why they granted me entry, even I have a master Lysander. He and the Camarilla higher ups arranged my entry as part of a mutual trade.

My master asserts no direct control over me, I am lord of my domains. Rather I owe him a great debt"

Lysander sips on his drink, savoring the quality.

'Mutual trade.... I am intrigued. Would it interest you to know that as of tonight, I am to become a Primogen in my own right?

The US Camarilla is getting a Lasombra branch.'

Lysander sips on his drink, savoring the quality.

'Mutual trade.... I am intrigued. Would it interest you to know that as of tonight, I am to become a Primogen in my own right?

The US Camarilla is getting a Lasombra branch.'
    "Interesting, do you have much insurance that you will be safe? Your prince in Milan was one of the founders of the Sabbat. When he defected to the Camarilla I know the rest of your clan tried their hardest to kill. If not for the support of the other Camarilla rulers in the region and of course his own immense power, he would be finished. Do you have either of these?"

He regards Lysander.

"But the more of your clan outside that lunatic organization they better. We Old Tzimisce wish to remain apart from them, but the Camarilla are a better neighbour than that cult and you clan are, in my opinion, the most dangerous one by nature."

Lysander ponders the questions for a moment.

'Support, I have. From a number of the other Primogens, and... others. As for power...'

He shrugs.

'I am equipped adequately. I agree with your thoughts on the rest of my clan. I expect there will be uproar in Europe when they hear of this news. I will probably need assistance if I am to establish a foothold... and... perhaps... draw my fellow clan members away from the clutches of the Sabbat.'

He finishes his glass.

'Speaking of which, we should go before it gets too late. I believe you wanted to see the Sabbat mansion?'

'Speaking of which, we should go before it gets too late. I believe you wanted to see the Sabbat mansion?'
    "Yes indeed, let us go"

He nods to Clarissa.

"Nice meeting you Clarissa"

"Nice meeting you as well Mr. Dracula...Count Dracula?"

"Vlad Basarab is my real name girl, though to distinguish our line of the family from that of my cousins many of the Romanians we ruled added Dracula, as my father was a member of the Dracul, a sacred knightly order. However as a Bulgarian speaker by birth I still prefer Basarab"

He smiles at Lysander.

"Do they tell you in school I was Bulgarian?"

Lysander tries to hide the shock from his face.

'Well... no. I had no idea of this fact.'

As they head towards the car, Lysander regains his composure.

'So, should I call you Vlad? Probably not a good idea in public. Although Dracula could cause some problems too. How about Mike? Seems generic, people won't flinch in fear if we speak in public.'

Lysander chuckles and gets into the driving seat, studying Dracula for a reaction.

OOC: Something I never thought I'd say :pac:

• Advertisement

Lysander chuckles and gets into the driving seat, studying Dracula for a reaction.

OOC: Something I never thought I'd say :pac:
    "Count Mike?"

He laughs.

"Mike sounds good Lysander. Truth told despite all the rumours about me being a purposeful Masquerade breacher, I prefer less attention. A day doesn't go by where I don't wish I hadn't told Mr. Stoker so much...heh...he didn't even put me in Wallacia, but up North in Transylvania, now everybody thinks I run around dark castles all alone, instead of owning wineries and fruit orchards.

I promise if we go hunting I won't tell the mortals 'I vant to suck your blood'"

He gets into the passenger seat.

"Also, no need to worry about disgusting shape changing or flesh crafting, us old Tzimisce have rejected the use of Vicissitude"

Advertisement