Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander pulls out and begins the drive to the Sabbat mansion.

'Ah, Hollywood. Interestingly, should the Masquerade ever be totally breached and humans discover the truth - you could probably carve out a decent career. And... Basarab...'

Lysander grows dark.

'I don't know how much I should tell you, but this is probably important. The human government here are aware of our existence. They have a task force specifically set up to study and learn of us. It concerns me.

I want information on exactly how much they know, as I feel the elders do not quite see the situation as being as serious as it might be.

Problem is, I don't want to draw attention whilst I do it... any thoughts?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander pulls out and begins the drive to the Sabbat mansion.

'Ah, Hollywood. Interestingly, should the Masquerade ever be totally breached and humans discover the truth - you could probably carve out a decent career.
    "I have indeed thought about that, I'd be one of the few safe perhaps...perhaps"

And... Basarab...'
    Lysander grows dark.

'I don't know how much I should tell you, but this is probably important. The human government here are aware of our existence. They have a task force specifically set up to study and learn of us. It concerns me.

I want information on exactly how much they know, as I feel the elders do not quite see the situation as being as serious as it might be.

Problem is, I don't want to draw attention whilst I do it... any thoughts?'
    "How much your government knows or all mortal governments? British and German intelligence knows a worrying amount, or at least the parts of intelligence directed at us, I'm not sure if they share their results with the rest of their secret services"

Fourier wrote: »
    "I have indeed thought about that, I'd be one of the few safe perhaps...perhaps"

And... Basarab...'

"How much your government knows or all mortal governments? British and German intelligence knows a worrying amount, or at least the parts of intelligence directed at us, I'm not sure if they share their results with the rest of their secret services"

'The government here, at the very least. Through finding that out, we may gain an insight into whether they share information or not as well.'

'The government here, at the very least. Through finding that out, we may gain an insight into whether they share information or not as well.'
    "They know little as far as we can tell. This nation lacks access to traditional sources of information, groups who have continued to hunt our kind in large enough numbers and several other factors that prevent them obtaining decent knowledge.

They have no idea what a Lasombra is for example in a concrete sense. A name for some subset of our species, but the powers, the lineage, the weaknesses, no"

"They know little as far as we can tell. This nation lacks access to traditional sources of information, groups who have continued to hunt our kind in large enough numbers and several other factors that prevent them obtaining decent knowledge.

They have no idea what a Lasombra is for example in a concrete sense. A name for some subset of our species, but the powers, the lineage, the weaknesses, no"

'Exactly. So an insider - a ghoul... can make sure it stays that way. Or, at worst - tell us when their protocol or knowledge changes.

So, now we're nearly there, what interests you about the old Sabbat hideout anyways? Nothing there that I know of since... well....'

Lysander smirks.

• Advertisement

'Exactly. So an insider - a ghoul... can make sure it stays that way. Or, at worst - tell us when their protocol or knowledge changes.

So, now we're nearly there, what interests you about the old Sabbat hideout anyways? Nothing there that I know of since... well....'

Lysander smirks.
    "The Earth....the soil" he breathes heavily as he says this, pulling in lung fulls of air.

Lysander's headlights shine across the old Sabbat mansion. Yellow police tape covers the front entrance. Who knows what story Jaqcueline and the other city high-ups had concocted to cover up the disappearance of all who lived within.

Lysander gets out of the car and gestures to the mansion.

'After you. There was... one regret... I had when what happened here did. A Tzimisce, Dimitru... I liked him - but he wanted different things. He wanted me to rule as Bishop. I could never have done this.'

Lysander gets out of the car and gestures to the mansion.

'After you. There was... one regret... I had when what happened here did. A Tzimisce, Dimitru... I liked him - but he wanted different things. He wanted me to rule as Bishop. I could never have done this.'
    "Dimitru...I knew his Sire, Coliser. I believe I met him once, back when he was a ghoul, though I have washed out the memories"

OOC: Drinking too much blood of a very different culture can block or remove memories of an old one. Lysander might find some memories of Italy being lost as he drinks more American blood

He walks toward the entrance and carefully removes the tape.

Stepping into the mansion there are many white chalk outlines of bodies. The strange organic mouth that led to the Sabbat chapel proper is nowhere to be seen. Instead there is normal wood flooring where it once lay.

"The chapel Lysander?" Dracula asks looking around.

Lysander examines the room, walking towards the flooring.

'There was... a type of mouth leading into the chapel through here... it's gone. The chapel is beneath us though.'

Lysander examines the room, walking towards the flooring.

'There was... a type of mouth leading into the chapel through here... it's gone. The chapel is beneath us though.'
    "Excellent"

He gestures at the ground with middle and indexed gingers raised on his right hand.

The wood peels back, revealing a tunnel.

He leaps in and walks toward the chapel entrance.

• Advertisement

Lysander follows.

'Not sure what you're planning here.... care to fill me in?'

Lysander follows.

'Not sure what you're planning here.... care to fill me in?'
    He stops and turns.

"Of course...I apologise. My rush to get this done made me forget proper etiquette"

He kneels in front of Lysander, head bowed with one hand raised.

OOC: You'd know this old custom amongst Romanian Elders. He is offering to kiss your hand for forgiveness

Lysander holds his hand out and looks down at 'Mike'.

'There is no need, I'm merely curious as to your interest in this place is all.'

He grabs the hand and kisses the ring finger, then stands and talks while leading Lysander to the chapel doors.

"I have been sent here by a superior in my order...the Sabbat here learned something. A prophecy. The emergence of a new clan will take place in this city and all who oppose this new Clan Founder, this blood god, will be wiped from the Earth. We will be nothing but blood stains on her cloak as the old Sabbat saying goes.

To the Sabbat all Clan Founders represent a corruption of Caine's original Vampiric gift. New powers he didn't possess, weaknesses he didn't suffer. A betrayal of his name. They want to wipe them out.

My superior and I however have come to believe in the work of Dr. Beckett and Dr. Netchurch, that Clan Founders are merely a rarity. Arising once the blood of older clans has grown weak enough that new powers may develop without being suppressed.

I want to know what they learned of her. The prophecy is accurate. All the signs are in place. A dragon was killed here recently. Only two more signs are needed until her emergence"

They stand before the chapel doors.

"I would not tell you this normally, but my superior has said you probably won't believe it and you're going to hear it again in a few minutes regardless"

He grabs the hand and kisses the ring finger, then stands and talks while leading Lysander to the chapel doors.

"I have been sent here by a superior in my order...the Sabbat here learned something. A prophecy. The emergence of a new clan will take place in this city and all who oppose this new Clan Founder, this blood god, will be wiped from the Earth. We will be nothing but blood stains on her cloak as the old Sabbat saying goes.

To the Sabbat all Clan Founders represent a corruption of Caine's original Vampiric gift. New powers he didn't possess, weaknesses he didn't suffer. A betrayal of his name. They want to wipe them out.

My superior and I however have come to believe in the work of Dr. Beckett and Dr. Netchurch, that Clan Founders are merely a rarity. Arising once the blood of older clans has grown weak enough that new powers may develop without being suppressed.

I want to know what they learned of her. The prophecy is accurate. All the signs are in place. A dragon was killed here recently. Only two more signs are needed until her emergence"

They stand before the chapel doors.

"I would not tell you this normally, but my superior has said you probably won't believe it and you're going to hear it again in a few minutes regardless"

'New...clan....'

Lysander thinks of Clarissa.

'I heard of the dragon - the bones are held in a museum in the city. What...other signs are in this prophesy?'

'New...clan....'

Lysander thinks of Clarissa.

'I heard of the dragon - the bones are held in a museum in the city. What...other signs are in this prophesy?'
    "My superior thought none is this city would believe, but I reasoned how could anybody ignore such a sign. I was right, the Camarilla does not dull the sense for the mysterious. How could it I told him, given what we are.

The prophecy was penned in the 12th Century in Sicily. Supposedly it runs:

In the City of the Queen of Angels, by the great ocean, a serpent will fall. The one who walks to the beat of the distant drum shall fell it. She who comes to lift up the young and cast down the old. The liberator.

Then the owl shall come and demand payment from the man of shadow. For he will hold the new lord in his sway and yet need of another to bind her. He will be betrayer and redeemer.

And then the owl, the shadow, the liberator and the girl will dance"

He looks solemn.

"Ominous, but impossible to figure out"

In the City of the Queen of Angels, by the great ocean, a serpent will fall. The one who walks to the beat of the distant drum shall fell it. She who comes to lift up the young and cast down the old. The liberator.

Then the owl shall come and demand payment from the man of shadow. For he will hold the new lord in his sway and yet need of another to bind her. He will be betrayer and redeemer.

He looks solemn.

"Ominous, but impossible to figure out"

Lysander grasps for the wall.

'This prophecy? Is there more to it.... I feel the answers are out in front of us. Pieces fit in the story - but some are not yet revealed, or unknown.

What is your plan for this new lord should you find them before they rise to power? This is important.'

Lysander grasps for the wall.

'This prophecy? Is there more to it.... I feel the answers are out in front of us. Pieces fit in the story - but some are not yet revealed, or unknown.

What is your plan for this new lord should you find them before they rise to power? This is important.'
    He looks quizzically at Lysander.

"There is something here that resonates with you, what do you know? Do you suspect you know who one of the figures in the prophecy is?"

He leans in and whispers.

"My Master can listen in on my conversations, please tell me before he believes he should intervene"

He looks quizzically at Lysander.

"There is something here that resonates with you, what do you know? Do you suspect you know who one of the figures in the prophecy is?"

He leans in and whispers.

"My Master can listen in on my conversations, please tell me before he believes he should intervene"

'I believe that the man in shadow may be me. The young lord... I am not sure, I would need to learn more of this foretelling before I could be certain.

But... my friend... that sweet girl under my care back at my home? I fear she may be linked in some way to this prophecy as well.'

'I believe that the man in shadow may be me. The young lord... I am not sure, I would need to learn more of this foretelling before I could be certain.

But... my friend... that sweet girl under my care back at my home? I fear she may be linked in some way to this prophecy as well.'
    Mike leans back, eyes narrowed with a slight smile.

"You think the Maximillian Strauss is the Man in Shadow. He's just a second rate Tremére Primogen. I've scared you, I apologise"

With that he opens the chapel door and enters into the hall where the ash of Lysander's victims still rest.

"Come on"

• Advertisement

Lysander looks oddly at Mike but deigns not to respond for now.

He follows him inside the chapel door, looking at the mounds of ash within.

'Did I really do this?' He thinks to himself.

Lysander looks oddly at Mike but deigns not to respond for now.

He follows him inside the chapel door, looking at the mounds of ash within.

'Did I really do this?' He thinks to himself.
    Mike looks at the stone floor.

"These floor slabs look incredibly heavy. Any ability you have that can lift them gently? I don't wish to disturb the Earth beneath too much"

Lysander shrugs.

'This will probably do the trick.'

OOC: Arms of the Abyss lightly on one of the slabs

The arms lift up a stone slab and push it from the ground with incredible grace. In fact it's more graceful than Lysander has ever seen them being. He is reminded of the old Lasombra elders who claim there is an alien will behind the shadows at times.

With the slab out of the way Mike jumps down and opens his wrist onto the exposed Earth. He then leaps back as the ground explodes open, a torrent of white energy rising out.

A colossal being rises out of the white energy. Mike places a mask over his face and quickly stabs the being in the chest.

yk2KWI.jpg

Lysander looks up at Mike and the being.

'Need any help there?'

He readies another blast of shadow tentacles if Mike gives the ok, aiming to hold it in place so Mike can stab it again if needs be.

"No, we will have no problems. Right?"

The being nods before suddenly, in a flash of smoke, it takes the appearance of a middle aged man with blond hair in a trench coat. He lights a cigarette.

"Bloody Dracula and Lysnader Karpov. Well alright, a question each. What do you want to know?"

Dracula begins.

"I..."

The being interrupts.

"No chance mate, Lysander first. Contract rules"

470d8O.jpg

"No, we will have no problems. Right?"

The being nods before suddenly, in a flash of smoke, it takes the appearance of a middle aged man with blond hair in a trench coat. He lights a cigarette.

"Bloody Dracula and Lysander Karpov. Well alright, a question each. What do you want to know?"

Dracula begins.

"I..."

The being interrupts.

"No chance mate, Lysander first. Contract rules"

Lysander looks at Dracula/Mike in confusion, unsure what to say.

'Anything I say to this guy might be construed as a question. I have many... but to narrow it down to one...'

Lysander looks at Dracula/Mike in confusion, unsure what to say.

'Anything I say to this guy might be construed as a question. I have many... but to narrow it down to one...'
    The being looks at him.

"I'm not an arsehole. Minor questions are free. Only a biggy counts, something that you probably couldn't learn yourself or even would be impossible for any mortal"

He looks at the two of you.

"Look compared to me, you're mortal enough for that to be the best word"

The being looks at him.

"I'm not an arsehole. Minor questions are free. Only a biggy counts, something that you probably couldn't learn yourself or even would be impossible for any mortal"

He looks at the two of you.

"Look compared to me, you're mortal enough for that to be the best word"

Lysander looks at Dracula and shrugs.

'I might as well try it this way then.'

He repeats the prophecy mentioned previously.

'In the City of the Queen of Angels, by the great ocean, a serpent will fall. The one who walks to the beat of the distant drum shall fell it. She who comes to lift up the young and cast down the old. The liberator.

The owl, the shadow, the liberator and the girl - who are they?'

• Advertisement

The owl, the shadow, the liberator and the girl - who are they?'
    Dracula looks half excited, half terrified.

The being takes a slow draw on his cigarette and exhales.

"Oh, this deal I'm going to like..."

Advertisement