Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Reaching the brown doors he senses old blood in there. Blood old enough that his beast wishes to submit, like a weak pack member to the alpha dog, luckily Lysander as enough drive and willpower to suppress it. The room within is quite, a pool table and arcade machine lie ruined with Vitae streaked along the wall. Two doors on the left and right walls lead out of this games room.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander enters the mansion as quietly as he can and looks to see where the Vitae or blood trail leads.

The blood trail leads to the door to the left, through which he can see a large staircase lined with red carpet.

A few ghouls lie ripped apart on the staircase. A neonates upper torso lies severed at the top of the stairs. Lysander can sense the neonate has not suffered final death, they are merely in torpor, healing, though that can take weeks to recover from.

The piles of ash on the stairs speak to older vampires that have suffered final death. The thick stain of inert heart's blood lies on the carpet, so these vampires were not diablerized.

Lysander proceeds through the left door cautiously and continues to follow the trail, moving as silently as he can.

The shadows of the stairway rush to cloak Lysander in darkness by themselves, his Lasombra nature hangs heavy in the air, distorting the mansion's appearance.

Reaching the top of the stairs he hears a cracking of bone and tearing of meat. Like an animal feeding. There are six bedrooms up here, it seems to be coming from the furthest on the left.

• Advertisement

Lysander pushes down the hallway towards the sound, using the shadows and his natural Lasombra nature to cloak himself further.

He stops just before the door and checks if it is open, or even ajar.

The door is open slightly, just enough for Lysander to see a bizarre bird like creature leaking black shadows peeling away tissue from a bunch of neonate corpses with its beak.

Disturbingly it is not eating them, but examining them.

Lysander steels himself to face the beast, drawing the shadows around him.

OOC: Shroud of Night

He pushes open the door lightly, in a non threatening manner.

As the door opens, the creature whips its head around, shrinks in size and flies out the window onto a nearby branch.

It looks Lysander dead in the eye.

uHqr4K.jpg

Fourier wrote: »
    As the door opens, the creature whips its head around, shrinks in size and flies out the window onto a nearby branch.

It looks Lysander dead in the eye.

uHqr4K.jpg

Lysander, cloaked in shadows returns the gaze momentarily, gauging if his own gaze abilities are mimicked by the creature.

'The owl, I assume? And to what do we owe the.... pleasure... of this visit.'

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander, cloaked in shadows returns the gaze momentarily, gauging if his own gaze abilities are mimicked by the creature.

'The owl, I assume? And to what do we owe the.... pleasure... of this visit.'
    The voice that speaks back is horrible. Deep, but with a sticking sound as if the creature's mouth were full of tar and behind it a sound of scratching. Lysander's beast turns, desperate to leave.

"THE SHADOW THEN. I AM GLAD TO MEET YOU, IT HAS BEEN LONG THAT I HAVE KNOWN OF YOU, THAT WE WOULD SOME DAY MEET. LASOMBRA OF COURSE. I HAD DISCOUNTED THAT POSSIBILITY AS TOO OBVIOUS. SO, THE GIRL IS WITH YOU THEN?"

The voice that speaks back is horrible. Deep, but with a sticking sound as if the creature's mouth were full of tar and behind it a sound of scratching. Lysander's beast turns, desperate to leave.

"THE SHADOW THEN. I AM GLAD TO MEET YOU, IT HAS BEEN LONG THAT I HAVE KNOWN OF YOU, THAT WE WOULD SOME DAY MEET. LASOMBRA OF COURSE. I HAD DISCOUNTED THAT POSSIBILITY AS TOO OBVIOUS. SO, THE GIRL IS WITH YOU THEN?"

Lysander considers his answer.

'She is. Question is, what do you want with her? Or with me, for that matter.'

"NO POINT IN BEING COY IS THERE, WE ARE BOTH A PART OF THIS. SHE WILL UNDERGO THE FIRST STAGE OF HER TRANSFORMATION INTO A CLAN FOUNDER IS UNDERWAY. HER STRENGTH WILL OUTSTRIP EVERYBODY IN THIS CITY WHEN THAT IS COMPLETE. DO YOU WANT TO BE A BLOODSTAIN ON HER COAT LITTLE LASOMBRA?"

Lysander's stomach twists, the age of the blood he is sensing would cause many a vampire to run screaming.

"NO POINT IN BEING COY IS THERE, WE ARE BOTH A PART OF THIS. SHE WILL UNDERGO THE FIRST STAGE OF HER TRANSFORMATION INTO A CLAN FOUNDER IS UNDERWAY. HER STRENGTH WILL OUTSTRIP EVERYBODY IN THIS CITY WHEN THAT IS COMPLETE. DO YOU WANT TO BE A BLOODSTAIN ON HER COAT LITTLE LASOMBRA?"

Lysander's stomach twists, the age of the blood he is sensing would cause many a vampire to run screaming.

'Clan Founder? I knew she had unique powers...'

Lysander shakes his head and draws in more shadow to steel himself, give himself comfort and not flee into the night.

'And what would you have me do? Kill her? That seems too simple for this prophecy....'

'Clan Founder? I knew she had unique powers...'

Lysander shakes his head and draws in more shadow to steel himself, give himself comfort and not flee into the night.

'And what would you have me do? Kill her? That seems too simple for this prophecy....'
    The owl cocks its head at Lysander.

"YOU SEEK TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM ME. I WISH YOU NO HARM.

KILL HER? NO, NO, NO. AS YOU SAID TOO SIMPLE AND AGAINST MY PRINCIPLES, I MADE THAT MISTAKE LONG AGO. NEVER AGAIN. I..."

Lysander's head spins from the overwhelming authority he is sensing...

OOC: Resolve + Composure

Lysander steadies himself and focuses, the authority isn't coming from the owl. It's Clarissa.

"YOU SEE IT NOW I TAKE IT. IT'S AFFECTING YOU SOONER. YOU'RE CLOSE TO HER"

Lysander steadies himself and focuses, the authority isn't coming from the owl. It's Clarissa.

"YOU SEE IT NOW I TAKE IT. IT'S AFFECTING YOU SOONER. YOU'RE CLOSE TO HER"

'She has been my ward for a number of months now. I felt a certain...bond with her.'

"WELL THEN. I HAVE A DEBT TO REPAY, SO I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. AS THE PROPHECY RUNS THOUGH, THEN YOU OWE ME. I WON'T FORCE IT ON YOU...."

Bronwen enters the room.

The owl looks in her direction.

"A MORTAL?"

"Not really" Bronwen replies with a smirk. "You okay brother?"

"WELL THEN. I HAVE A DEBT TO REPAY, SO I CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS. AS THE PROPHECY RUNS THOUGH, THEN YOU OWE ME. I WON'T FORCE IT ON YOU...."

Bronwen enters the room.

The owl looks in her direction.

"A MORTAL?"

"Not really" Bronwen replies with a smirk. "You okay brother?"

Lysander nods to Bronwen and looks at the owl.

'Help would be appreciated. These shadows are not for protection, by the way. They are comfort, every fibre of myself tells me to run yet I know I must stay. I feel unless I listen, end times may be upon us.'

"I HAVE DISSECTED THE OTHER TOREADOR NEONATES. THE CLAN FOUNDER TRAIT IS NOT GENERIC WITHIN THE RECENTLY SIRED OF THIS CLAN, AS I SUSPECTED. IT IS CLARISSA ALONE WHO HAS THE POWER. IF YOU WISH TO STOP HER, TO BIND HER....WE WILL NEED THE HEARTSBLOOD OF A PRIMOGEN"

Bronwen bites her lip.

"That's a seriously big thing to need"

• Advertisement

"How is Lysander supposed to do that?" Bronwen asks the owl.

The owl doesn't answer, looking straight at Lysander not acknowledging Bronwen.

"I HAVE DISSECTED THE OTHER TOREADOR NEONATES. THE CLAN FOUNDER TRAIT IS NOT GENERIC WITHIN THE RECENTLY SIRED OF THIS CLAN, AS I SUSPECTED. IT IS CLARISSA ALONE WHO HAS THE POWER. IF YOU WISH TO STOP HER, TO BIND HER....WE WILL NEED THE HEARTSBLOOD OF A PRIMOGEN"

Bronwen bites her lip.

"That's a seriously big thing to need"

Lysander paces.

'Primogen... any Primogen? Or, let me guess - you have one in mind already. This will not be easy...'

Lysander paces.

'Primogen... any Primogen? Or, let me guess - you have one in mind already. This will not be easy...'
    "I UNDERSTAND THE SUSPICION, BUT ACTUALLY NO. I HATE SOME OF THE CLANS AND THUS WOULD PREFER THEIR BLOOD, BUT THE CHOICE I LEAVE TO YOU."

"I UNDERSTAND THE SUSPICION, BUT ACTUALLY NO. I HATE SOME OF THE CLANS AND THUS WOULD PREFER THEIR BLOOD, BUT THE CHOICE I LEAVE TO YOU."

'Thanks..... Like draining any Primogens heartsblood is going to be easy. But I will see what I can do if the situation is as grave as you state.'

Lysander turns to Bronwen.

'So... Primogens eh? I guess I have some work to do.'

"They're your kind's local leaders right? Sorry I only have access to all human knowledge, so I have to go by what the government knows and what other vampires have personally told me.

If so, how are you going to..."

Three sets headlights can suddenly be seen pulling into the driveway. The turn off and Lysander hears doors close and guns being loaded.

"They're your kind's local leaders right? Sorry I only have access to all human knowledge, so I have to go by what the government knows and what other vampires have personally told me.

If so, how are you going to..."

Three sets headlights can suddenly be seen pulling into the driveway. The turn off and Lysander hears doors close and guns being loaded.

'Hide Bronwen. I am not sure who this is.'

Lysander turns back to the owl.

'You could probably rend whoever is below limb from limb, but I got your message. It is best you leave before this turns...well... uglier than it has.

I will think over this prophecy and what is required. Decide what action to take next.'

The owl lifts one wing and tilts its head in a sort of bow.

"Until next time Lysander Karpov"

He flies off.

Lysander sees the muzzle flash of a semi-automatic weapon in the bushes. It continues for ten seconds with a few more joining it. The location is roughly where Damsel landed.

He then hears, almost immediately afterward, movement in the game hall downstairs.

The owl lifts one wing and tilts its head in a sort of bow.

"Until next time Lysander Karpov"

He flies off.

Lysander sees the muzzle flash of a semi-automatic weapon in the bushes. It continues for ten seconds with a few more joining it. The location is roughly where Damsel landed.

He then hears, almost immediately afterward, movement in the game hall downstairs.

Lysander, still cloaked in shadow slowly exits the room and heads for the stairs. As he does so he releases most of the shadow, but leaves enough to give him some cover.

As the shadow is released it coats the stairs, ready to swallow any who step in.

Lysander then sees his assailants, a group of heavily armed humans. Heartbeats sound slightly elevated. There are eight in total. They continue to sweep the bottom floor, not seeing him. Though he notices that each carry two grenades.

• Advertisement

As the shadow is released it coats the stairs, ready to swallow any who step in.

Lysander then sees his assailants, a group of heavily armed humans. Heartbeats sound slightly elevated. There are eight in total. They continue to sweep the bottom floor, not seeing him. Though he notices that each carry two grenades.

Lysander watches and sees what pattern the 8 spread into, if any.

OOC: Basically if they split into groups.

Advertisement