Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

1131415161719»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    He enters the house with the Sheriff.

Clarissa runs forward, but halts as time stops.

"Thanks, I won't forget that" Bronwen says.

Time starts again and Clarissa runs up to look at the Sheriff.

"Damsel...oh my god...Lysander what happened. And you brought Bronwen, she's just a human Lysander!

Ly, I've...I've been feeling strange...I...feeling angry...I drank from a human and it did nothing"

Lysander feels himself struggling not to kneel. Clarissa's beast is growing stronger.

'Hunters attacked us. Killed a bunch of neo nates at the Malkavian mansion. Damsel sent me up to deal with the disturbance, I did not know she would be there too.

I found her after I dealt with the hunters. I couldn't leave her to roast so I brought her here...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Good thinking, I think..."

She places a hand on Damsel and the wounds begin to close up.

"...yeah, I noticed I could do this. Ly can I ask, why do I sense more than one vampire when you are around?"

She looks very serious when she asks this.

OOC: You'd know it's due to diablerie

"Good thinking, I think..."

She places a hand on Damsel and the wounds begin to close up.

"...yeah, I noticed I could do this. Ly can I ask, why do I sense more than one vampire when you are around?"

She looks very serious when she asks this.

OOC: You'd know it's due to diablerie

'That is because sometimes in times of peril, or great hunger like you must be experiencing now - my dear.... I feed on other vampires to strengthen myself.'

He looks her in the eye.

'Just a taste and they are a part of you... you should try it with Damsel, it's the least she could do after you healing her.'

She pauses.

"You understand me don't you...I want to drink from her. Thank you Lysander!" she cries as she says this and tears off Damsel's head.

Lysander is shocked the Heartsblood is drained with no effort on Clarissa's part.

"I tried to drink from those Neonates at the mansion...but drinking wasn't enough..."

Lysander sees black smoke moving slowly down the stairs, coalescing into the form of the owl.

"...I need more Lysander...never you though...I know I'm getting stronger...will you stay with me. Help me? You spared me back then, I know you're there for me"

She pauses.

"You understand me don't you...I want to drink from her. Thank you Lysander!" she cries as she says this and tears off Damsel's head.

Lysander is shocked the Heartsblood is drained with no effort on Clarissa's part.

"I tried to drink from those Neonates at the mansion...but drinking wasn't enough..."

Lysander sees black smoke moving slowly down the stairs, coalescing into the form of the owl.

"...I need more Lysander...never you though...I know I'm getting stronger...will you stay with me. Help me? You spared me back then, I know you're there for me"

'Of course, dear Clarissa - I am here for you. But you must be careful - if others discover the truth of you they will come for you.'

He briefly glances at the smoke behind her and then flicks back to lock his gaze on hers.

• Advertisement

She gives Lysander a curious look when he glances at the smoke.

"Ly? Is something...."

The owl turns into pure smoke and envelopes her, pulling her to the ground.

"LY??????!!!!!!!!" she screams.

The owl speaks into Lysander's mind.

**Force her to drink your blood. Now. It is your only chance**

Clarissa pulls against the owl with enormous force, the floorboards crack and the house shakes, the lights flickering.

"Lysander I heard what it said...DON'T DO IT!"

The voice that emerges from Clarissa's throat sounds ancient and deeper than anything Lysander has heard. His beast freezes.

OOC: Willpower roll, if you succeed, act as you wish. Five successes needed

Lysander stops and kneels.

Clarissa begins to rise, pulling herself out of the smoke. Wings begin to sprout from her back.

"WHAT WAS THE PLAN HERE? LYSANDER? I KNOW YOU WOULD NOT DO ME HARM, HAS THIS THING COERCED YOU"

She clenches her fist and the smoke coalesces into the owl, which she begins to crush.

"Not...again..." it gasps.

Bronwen steps forward.

"Sorry Clarissa. I have to stop you"

"BRONWEN ARE YOU MAD?"

"Out of rewind Lysander, but don't worry..."

Bronwen grabs Clarissa's stomach and thousands of volts of electricity run into her. All the lights in the house blow and the roof breaks open as static from the atmosphere outside is focused into Bronwen. The mounting charge is almost blinding to look at.

Bronwen looks back and smiles.

"You'll get a wrist slapping for Masquerade violation after this..."

With a bang a massive bolt of lightning blasts through Clarissa, separating the two halves of her body.

The owl returns to smoke pinning her down.

The blast has collapsed part of the house and the front wall. Lysander's mortal neighbours look out their windows. Soon their will be sirens.

Bronwen lies bleeding and burned in the kitchen, thrown by the blast. The kitchen has had the upstairs bathroom cave in on it.

She coughs.

"Go for it...Lysander..."

Clarissa roars an horrible sound. Her lower body is already beginning to regrow from her torso.

Lysander looks down at Clarissa with a sorrowful look on his face.

'Clarissa... this is the only way. It has been foretold thus. You might hate me afterwards... but I must do this for the survival of us all.'

He nips his wrist and holds it to her mouth, his own Vitae dripping towards her.

She swallows. She knows she shouldn't, but the blood thirst is too strong right after a diablerie.

Lysander himself can feel her beast calm.

The owl lets go.

"She is yours, she will do as you say and will not harm you. I will come for the debt you now owe me in time"

The owl flies off.

Clarissa begins to reheal quickly and mumbles incoherently.

Bronwen calls Lysander.

"This body is dying, kill me please. You're the contract owner, if you do it I can move to another identity that still serves you"

Lysander hears sirens in the distance.

She swallows. She knows she shouldn't, but the blood thirst is too strong right after a diablerie.

Lysander himself can feel her beast calm.

The owl lets go.

"She is yours, she will do as you say and will not harm you. I will come for the debt you now owe me in time"

The owl flies off.

Clarissa begins to reheal quickly and mumbles incoherently.

Bronwen calls Lysander.

"This body is dying, kill me please. You're the contract owner, if you do it I can move to another identity that still serves you"

Lysander hears sirens in the distance.

Lysander nods.

'Yes. Kill you.'

He rises from beside Clarissa and kneels beside his sister.

'Farewell Bronwen, I loved you little sister.'

He feeds from her.

• Advertisement

As her heart begins to stop, the demon leaves the identity.

Lysander's real sister looks at him.

"Brother? What...I..."

Bronwen Karpov dies as the loss of blood stops her heart.

As Lysander steps up he sees the familiar wobbling of the air from last time and the purple fire in the shape of a man. When the fire clears standing before him is Larry Carson.

"Yeah, closest available identity to you. I know it was fictional, well it ain't now. He has a whole life story. Only catch is there is somebody who knows it was fictional so..."

Almost as if summoned, Cock Robin kicks in the door.

"Lysander, cops on the way and Jacqueline has a Masquerade silencing force on the way too, this is deep sh1t, you better..."

He looks at the dead Bronwen, the naked from the waist down Clarissa and finally Larry Carson, on whom his gaze freezes and his mouth opens with shock.

".........."

He takes out a cigarette.

"Get to the car...quick"

As her heart begins to stop, the demon leaves the identity.

Lysander's real sister looks at him.

"Brother? What...I..."

Bronwen Karpov dies as the loss of blood stops her heart.

As Lysander steps up he sees the familiar wobbling of the air from last time and the purple fire in the shape of a man. When the fire clears standing before him is Larry Carson.

"Yeah, closest available identity to you. I know it was fictional, well it ain't now. He has a whole life story. Only catch is there is somebody who knows it was fictional so..."

Almost as if summoned, Cock Robin kicks in the door.

"Lysander, cops on the way and Jacqueline has a Masquerade silencing force on the way too, this is deep sh1t, you better..."

He looks at the dead Bronwen, the naked from the waist down Clarissa and finally Larry Carson, on whom his gaze freezes and his mouth opens with shock.

".........."

He takes out a cigarette.

"Get to the car...quick"

Lysander stands and grabs a blanket to cover Clarissa's modesty. He looks down sadly at his sister before turning to Cock Robin.

'Yes, let's go.'

He picks up Clarissa and follows Rob to the car.

'Er... Larry? Bring Bronwen too... I think?'

He looks at Cock Robin.

Cock Robin is lost for words. Lysander gets in and puts Clarissa on the seat beside him.

"Yeah...eh....Larry....bring the body, we can put it in the boot. Just a mortal right Lysander?"

Clarissa clutches Lysander as she hears this.

"Was she Lysander...just a mortal...and what about me, just a pawn? Do you care about any of us?"

Cock Robin is lost for words. Lysander gets in and puts Clarissa on the seat beside him.

"Yeah...eh....Larry....bring the body, we can put it in the boot. Just a mortal right Lysander?"

Clarissa clutches Lysander as she hears this.

"Was she Lysander...just a mortal...and what about me, just a pawn? Do you care about any of us?"

Lysander looks down at Clarissa.

'Quiet my dear, of course I care. We can discuss this later. Yes Bronwen is...'

He sighs.

'Was... my sister.'

He opens the back door and puts Clarissa on the seat before getting in himself.

'Um... Larry... when you've put the body in the boot you can take the front seat. Rob... there is an explanation for this. You should know that the Sheriff is dead. Killed by vampire hunters. I tried to save her - but I was too late.'

Larry gets in the front seat. Now that Lysander has time to notice, the car looks like a high-tech Camarilla job.

"Don't worry, we can talk when we get to the safe house"

They drive all night, south, out of LA.

"Got to get you out of the city Lysander. You might be executed for something like that. Or maybe not, can't get a read on that Jacqueline"

Cock Robin reaches for a vial.

"So I can stay awake, wolf blood. Take a look at the windows, they play a video of the outside captured by an external camera...in HD! I used to love the sunrise, closest we can get. And I'm taking us along a beach."

Lysander sees the sunrise through the window display.

OOC: Next time San Diego! 15 XP

End of Chapter 2

Advertisement