Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VtM Part Two - The Owl's Debt

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Lysander can't take it, all that power, all that strength his.

The shadows around the Villa rise threateningly, though nobody notices, Catalda looks at Lysander just before the moment where he collapses them.

He leaps backward as the shadows implode onto the reception party, crushing mortals within seconds, that'll scupper a few upcoming movies.

Kindred take a bit longer, but Lysander senses them burst.

Catalda struggles against the shadow, Lysander can feel her rage.

A rage that brings him back to his senses with a shadow sphere hovering in front of him slowly crushing a furious Elder.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lysander places his hands on his head, struggling to comprehend what he has just done. But the power.... he can feel it. He wants it, needs it.... he must taste it.

He does not dismiss the sphere, but allows it to continue till Catalda is near the Final Death.

OOC: Presumably I can do that

Nearing Final Death, Catalda closes her eyes and enacts a desperate get out plan.

From outside the sphere, Lysander sees the area around the sphere get ripped away. As if they were a drawing and somebody tore out that part of the image.

In its place is a hazy area where if one looks through, the Giovanni mansion can be seen, though blue and with several people in older fashions walking the ground.

A doorway to the afterlife and a major breech of the Masquerade.

Lysander seizes his moment and strikes towards Catalda, aiming for her throat.

Before he can reach her, Catalda plunges into the gateway, though Lysander can see her on the other side, weakened.

• Advertisement

Lysander follows. His blood sings to him to end this, to take the power for his own.

As Lysander steps into the gate, Catalda smirks as dark skeletal being bursts from the ground.

"HALT, BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE HIERARCHY OF STYGIA"

B6Q8ub.jpg

Lysander shrugs and attempts to focus his Obtenebration on the skeletal guardians

OOC: Shrowd of Night

OOC: Manip + Occult, Diff 7

In this land of shadows beyond the grave, Lysander has much more to work with, the shadows forming a fluid so dense the being within struggles.

"Cazzo!" Catalda exclaims, fear appearing on her face.

• Advertisement

Lysander brings the shadows all rushing down on the guardian in an attempt to crush him.

The guardian is completely crushed beneath the weight of the shadows, though in this strange realm something odd happens next.

Lysander sees a bizarre hole appear in the ground. Inside is a massive storm with billions of everyday objects whirling around inside. The sheer enormity of the storm would trigger a panic in Lysander were his brain not long dead.

The guardian is pulled out of the sphere by some force and sucked into the storm. The hole in the ground then seals up.

Lysander approaches Catalda.

'It is over. Accept your fate.'

OOC: Arms of the Abyss to hold her still

As the arms rise out of the ground, one of them grabs Catalda's head, as a second wraps around her body and several more sprout to keep the hold.

The first hand then tilts her neck for Lysander.

"Karpov...this is not the first time you have performed Diablerie is it?"

Lysander smiles.

'Nor the last.... and you, my dear... you have given me the perfect alibi.'

He takes a moment to let his words sink in before striking.

"WAIT!!!" she cries as his teeth sink into her neck.

"LET ME LIVE, I....I'LL LEAVE LOS ANGELES, I...I have information on Jacqueline"

Lysander pauses slightly.

'I will learn that momentarily though, won't I?'

He begins to feed.

Catalda bites into her jaw, Lysander feels a discipline being prepared as he draws on the blood...

Lysander whilst feeding has the shadow arms he has summoned crush down on their positions with maximum force, everywhere but the neck he is feeding from

Catalda's eyes burst from their sockets, her spine and limb bones crack. The scream she lets out is blood curdling, but Lysander barely notices now.

Just at that moment Lysander feels the hearts blood rise toward the neck, but strange dark veins appear on his hands...

• Advertisement

Lysander continues to draw the hearts blood in. He has come too far now to be denied this power, whatever the cost.

Everything suddenly goes white......

Lysander wakes on a beach. About five miles inland he can see a hilltop fortress.

Lysander looks around him and tries to get his bearings.

Ships lie docked on the beach, with a small contingent of heavily armoured men with swords and maces and helmets that leave most of their face exposed.

Besides that there is a simple dirt road leading to the town with the castle in the distance.

Lysander climbs to his feet and takes the dirt road towards the castle, keeping an eye out for armoured guards, or worse - handbag salesmen.

He reaches the gates of the city

brpdiA.jpg

Two men in plate armour walk forward to speak to him.

OOC: Law + Wits roll

The men begin to speak to him. Lysander can tell it is some kind of French, luckily of an old enough form to be close to his native Romanian, he cannot understand them directly, but translates in his head slowly, speaking in pauses back to them in older Romanian, which they seem able to roughly follow.

The guards ask what business he has in the city and then some odd word referring to some figure of authority and if he had been sent by said figure.

Fourier wrote: »
    The men begin to speak to him. Lysander can tell it is some kind of French, luckily of an old enough form to be close to his native Romanian, he cannot understand them directly, but translates in his head slowly, speaking in pauses back to them in older Romanian, which they seem able to roughly follow.

The guards ask what business he has in the city and then some odd word referring to some figure of authority and if he had been sent by said figure.

Lysander nods.

'Yes, strict business only. I hope I am not intruding.'

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Lysander nods.

'Yes, strict business only. I hope I am not intruding.'
    They let him in and he is told to go to the manor house up on the hill.

Advertisement