Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony smart tv & Ext. HD & Macbook

Options
  • 09-06-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have just recently bought a Sony Bravia KD65XE9005 and I want to watch movies from an external hard drive. My problem is that I have a MacBook pro and I cannot get the TV to see the HD when i use the MacBook to add movies/TV programs to it. I have tried a few different formats but nothing seems to work. I got it work for an older Sony Bravia TV i have but that doesn't have Android running, this new one does.

Can anyone please tell me how I should format my HD to work with both the TV and the MacBook. TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Download and use Plex?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Plex is definitely the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Thanks for the help everybody, I tried Paragon and it worked, i'll have a look at Plex now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Apple TV.

Advertisement