Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing HKC SW812 Panel - best option?

Options
  • 09-06-2018 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

i installed my HKC SW812 alarm about 12 years ago and it's given no trouble whatsoever since then.
    I'm thinking though I should now swap it out for something more modern. Could anyone there point me in the right direction in for a good replacement panel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Hkc 10270 panel, like for like with more options wireless/wired etc. Keyfobs . Gsms/ wifi cards. Camera pirs carbon/smokes heat detectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Does the wireless function for the detectors need access to my router in the house? I'd be a bit concerned at anything that needs an electricity supply to work.
    Likewise the fobs - are they independent of the wifi network in the house?

All indepented of wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Thanks Dave! That's great. I understand it better now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The GSD i1070 is a great panel worth looking at also.
    Has Wireless devices & WiFi/GPRS options for apps & remote access.
    http://globalsecurity.ie/category/products/intruder/#page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote:
    The GSD i1070 is a great panel worth looking at also. Has Wireless devices & WiFi/GPRS options for apps & remote access.

Anything once it's not HKC of course

Gsdi is not bad. But not as poplour as hkc. I do know main tec lad in GSD. He was main man in Astec pearse st, and he is good.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Gsdi is not bad. But not as poplour as hkc. I do know main tec lad in GSD. He was main man in Astec pearse st, and he is good.

Yes hes a good lad. The support from them all is great I have to say.

Very good support, not a bad system, designed a little on the fusion panel, mr anderson astec main man for designs. Gsd gsm fine.

Advertisement