Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy belly after Athy

Options
  • 09-06-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi All, firstly let me be clear, this is not a criticism of TriAthy or its organisers!! It was a thoroughly enjoyable if not long day so well done and thanks to those who made it happen.

I am just curious, is there many suffering with stomach issues since last Saturday? It hit me on Tuesday and boy did it wipe me out. Completely lethargic until this morning. Aches, pains, fever and the good old squidly diddlies 😥

I believe that quite a number of the people who raced it from my area are sick after it. It there many more on here I wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Brainz

Got that aswell, only started to come around properly yesterday.
    Doctor told me nothing to worry about probably just took a bit to much of the river water in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's usually DCT people complain after, but i remember a couple saying they were sick after athy over the years

a can of coke post race is reported to be the solution

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

mossym wrote: »
    it's usually DCT people complain after, but i remember a couple saying they were sick after athy over the years

a can of coke post race is reported to be the solution

I’ve raced DCT three times and been sick every time. Done athy the same and trained down there numerous times but never been sick. In saying that there was rain the day before the race this year so you wouldn’t know what got washed in!!

The coke thing is a myth. 70% proof or more alcohol is meant to be real solution...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Always a risk when you swim in a river. I was sick after Athlone, years ago. Have swam in the barrow a few times and never been sick. I have an irrational fear of swimming in the Liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

I had a bottle of coke perhaps 2 hours after the race. perhaps that was too late

Also had 4 cans of cider later that evening but to no avail.

• Advertisement
Advertisement