Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My taxi charge for no show

Options
  • 10-06-2018 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a quick question, I ordered a mytaxi tonight to my address, for the message to say he was outside went out not there, he then rang and I said I am outside my driveway he gm said he be there now, then he finally arrived the fare was €10 I questioned it and he told me to f#ck off and drove off I was charge €10 on my card.

Can I get this refunded as I think this is a disgrace

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭con___manx1

why did u question the fair ? does it tell you how much the fair is on my taxi ? i never used it but have used uber abroad and you pay before your picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Do a charge on your credit card to get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I got a message to say he was outside so I went out and he wasn't there, he was down the bottom of my road and seen me and drove up.

I said why was he at thag house and he got really smart with me, I then proceeded to get into the taxi and seen the fare was already at €10 on the meter I asked why and he told me to then **** off
    why did u question the fair ? does it tell you how much the fair is on my taxi ? i never used it but have used uber abroad and you pay before your picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

bri007 wrote:
    I said why was he at thag house and he got really smart with me, I then proceeded to get into the taxi and seen the fare was already at €10 on the meter I asked why and he told me to then **** off

Report to the taxi regulator. You might not get much satisfaction but he won't keep doing it to other people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Mistakes happen but you do not have to pay for the drivers error. No big deal. You should not have been charged. Call mytaxi - tell them he arrived and waited outside the wrong address and then charged you for it. If they don't voluntarily refund/cancel the charge, do a charge back with VISA/Mastercard/Amex. Once you have been refunded - move on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

You can contact myTaxi through the app.

You just tap the little profile picture icon (on iOS anyway) and then “help and contact” and “help with my last trip” and you’ll find various options.

If they don’t refund, contact your card issuer / bank and do a charge back.

Also, you can contact the NTA (national transport authority - which regulates taxis)

https://www.transportforireland.ie/taxi/taxi-compliments-complaints/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact myTaxi and explain. They will be able to pull the trip records, GPS details etc.

Also, because he told you to “f*ck off”, contact the Taxi Regulator and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

If you sent the driver to the wrong address then its your fault and you should pay. If there was 10 euro on the meter you left him waiting for a long time at the wrong address and that's why he wouldn't restart.
    If you had the address proper in the app and he was at the wrong address then his mistake and he should restart the meter.

Sometimes the mytaxi app will pick up the address from the house on the road behind you, it's up to you to double check this and rectify if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

^^ on the above, I have the right address entered into MyTaxi, and I always make sure the location pin is set correctly. MyTaxi still sends the drivers up the parallel road to mine.

dudara wrote: »
    ^^ on the above, I have the right address entered into MyTaxi, and I always make sure the location pin is set correctly. MyTaxi still sends the drivers up the parallel road to mine.

If that's the case with op sounds like it's mytaxis problem and they should accept fault.
    But if the meter is at €10 it sounds like about 15 minutes waiting time at least so the driver wouldn't reset meter, unless the real collection point was miles away from where he was parked. Hard to know the exact details without being one of the parties involved.

• Advertisement

Just an update, my taxi have emailed me there and informed me that they are refunding me the full amount and will update me when they investigate it further with the driver.

They said the pick up was from a house around the corner from me and the drop of at my house, where the pick up should have been from my house and to a total different area altogether.

Glad it's sorted now, as for reporting it to the taxi regulator for the cursing at us, I was informed that the taxi man is not a person to be messing with so I've decided to just leave it, got my refund and I'll just forget about it now.

If he wants to be like that, it's his problem!

Glad it's sorted, my Taxi are usually good with stuff like that.
    How's the hangover:) ?

Yeah hangovers take a lot longer these days to get rid off :( I won’t be drinking again for a while...... until next weekend at least :) haha
    iamtony wrote: »
    Glad it's sorted, my Taxi are usually good with stuff like that.
    How's the hangover:) ?

bri007 wrote: »
    Yeah hangovers take a lot longer these days to get rid off :( I won’t be drinking again for a while...... until next weekend at least :) haha

:) I hear you buddy. I'm managed to sort that problem by becoming a raging alcoholic, then you just don't get hangovers, you don't even be thirsty the morning after it's like voodoo.

Haha I must try that :):)
    iamtony wrote: »
    :) I hear you buddy. I'm managed to sort that problem by becoming a raging alcoholic, then you just don't get hangovers, you don't even be thirsty the morning after it's like voodoo.

Advertisement