Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post insurance mining for information?

• 10-06-2018 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

I've been inquiring about changing my mortgage protection insurance. I got a quote from An Post,but in order to proceed the sales person insisted that I had to go through a financial survey with him disclosing my income and expenditure. He said it would only take about 20 minutes! I said what has any of that other than the mortgage details and health details got to do with me taking out insurance?He said it's new regulations in order to give me the best advice on the product.I'm not looking for a loan.I've never heard of these new regulations. Is it bullsh1t ?Are they just looking for more information so the can try sell me other products?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Gaffs89 wrote: »
    I've been inquiring about changing my mortgage protection insurance. I got a quote from An Post,but in order to proceed the sales person insisted that I had to go through a financial survey with him disclosing my income and expenditure. He said it would only take about 20 minutes! I said what has any of that other than the mortgage details and health details got to do with me taking out insurance?He said it's new regulations in order to give me the best advice on the product.I'm not looking for a loan.I've never heard of these new regulations. Is it bullsh1t ?Are they just looking for more information so the can try sell me other products?

Cpc requirements, they have to demonstrate the policy is suitable & affordable along with other things.

Advertisement