Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gyms in sligo

Options
  • 10-06-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi, i'm just about to move to Sligo from wicklow. i was looking around and couldn't find an obvious choice of a gym to join. i care mostly about free weights and power lifting and am not too bothered by machines, except maybe resistance bands sort of stuff. early opening times would be nice. i have a student card and price is pretty relevant.

thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

BUfels wrote: »
    hi, i'm just about to move to Sligo from wicklow. i was looking around and couldn't find an obvious choice of a gym to join. i care mostly about free weights and power lifting and am not too bothered by machines, except maybe resistance bands sort of stuff. early opening times would be nice. i have a student card and price is pretty relevant.

Sligo Sports Complex is a great place to join - for €50 a month you can use the gym, swimming pool, sauna and I heard that the jacuzzi is back up and running as well. They open from 7am or 9am depending on the day and close at 10pm most days. ROM is another gym that is doing incredibly well and very popular beside Argos. I've never been to ROM so don't know anything about their hours etc. Both are pretty close to each other - hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Avena in Ballysadare is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BUfels

Sligo Sports Complex is a great place to join - for €50 a month you can use the gym, swimming pool, sauna and I heard that the jacuzzi is back up and running as well. They open from 7am or 9am depending on the day and close at 10pm most days. ROM is another gym that is doing incredibly well and very popular beside Argos. I've never been to ROM so don't know anything about their hours etc. Both are pretty close to each other - hope that helps!
    thanks for the help! i've done the sports complex before, the prices are brilliant (and the location is gorgeous) but there really wasn't too much in terms of free weights unfortunately. i might give ROM a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

BUfels wrote: »

TNT Gym Sligo might be worth checking. They have 100 Euro for 3 months offer at moment. It is a bit hardcore for some (including me). But they may most probably have what your looking for.

I go to the one at the Clayton myself. I don't use free weights but my son told me that the weights are heavier than the ones at the sports complex. All of the weight machines were replaced last year. But they are showing quite a few signs of wear and tear due to the fact that it is very busy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

Does anyone know if there's a gym in town where you can just come and go and pay for a single session or whatever? or one with a good value 1-month membership. The sports complex was mentioned above but also it sounded like there isn't much in the way of free weights there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Does anyone know if there's a gym in town where you can just come and go and pay for a single session or whatever? or one with a good value 1-month membership. The sports complex was mentioned above but also it sounded like there isn't much in the way of free weights there.

http://tntgymsligo.ie/tnt-gym-sligo-opening-times/

Advertisement