Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "A mansion, I have served in many, but never before with a master so dedicated to the old ways, before we worshiped the new gods. Back when we followed our true natures."

He offers Vrakrash a cup of the broth. It smells vile beyond belief.

'Aye. Well perhaps you can show me the way to your master. I seem to have a slight problem... this isn't my true form you see.

But first, a toast... to a new friendship.'

Vrakrash downs the cup of broth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    SarricA gives a wand to SarricB, "here, were going to have to find some way to distigguish us.."

SarricB say, "I know," and puts the helm on," I'll be known as Nobby, You can go by Sarric, Hows that sound?"

SarricA say, "But i always want to be called Nobby" pause for a few seconds then say"ok agreed then Nobby, dont thinks theres anything else of interest in this room."

Nobby says" what do these wands do?"

Sarric says, "bugger if i know, that helm looks good on you."

They exit south.
    OOC: Charisma check, Hard (Target 20)

Necrominus wrote: »
    'Aye. Well perhaps you can show me the way to your master. I seem to have a slight problem... this isn't my true form you see.

But first, a toast... to a new friendship.'

Vrakrash downs the cup of broth.
    The broth surges through Vrakrash, energising his muscles and bones, priming him for the fight.

Or such is how he feels it would have effected the Old Vrakrash, the new Vrakrash simply feels a bit full.

OOC: I cannot believe this
    OOC: Charisma check, Hard (Target 20)
    The helm fills SarricB with rage, an unstoppable hatred of the elven race, he turns and strangles SarricA to death with his own two hands. The latter clasps at SarricB as the life drains from his body, the final words which pass from his lips are...

Evade wrote: »
    Iuriric reaches backto draw his sword then pauses for a split second and draws it "Abominations lay down your arms and submit to the justice of Resharum"
    The undead turn. The leader, a dwarf missing the upper half of its skull, speaks.

"Pfff, yer foreign god means nothing to us boy, no gods do. Turn and leave, before ye regret it."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"ahggghhh, Nobby, I was just starting to like you.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

The undead turn. The leader, a dwarf missing the upper half of its skull, speaks.

"Pfff, yer foreign god means nothing to us boy, no gods do. Turn and leave, before ye regret it."
    Iuric rushes in and attacks.

OOC: What could go wrong?

Fourier wrote:
    Or such is how he feels it would have effected the Old Vrakrash, the new Vrakrash simply feels a bit full.

Vrakrash slams the cup down and pats skeledwarf lightly on his back.

'Thanks friend. Now, if you could take me to your master I'd like to speak with him.'

SarricB cracks his doppleganger's neck, the helm glows absorbing the latter's strength and power.

The rage subsides, the murder/suicide sating its thirst for elven blood.

OOC: 2HP increase

Vrakrash slams the cup down and pats skeledwarf lightly on his back.

'Thanks friend. Now, if you could take me to your master I'd like to speak with him.'
    "The master is probably in his chambers upstairs"

• Advertisement

SarricB cracks his doppleganger's neck, the helm glows absorbing the latter's strength and power.

The rage subsides, the murder/suicide sating its thirst for elven blood.

OOC: 2HP increase

ooc: permanent or temp?

Nobby searches Sarric's corpse and takes everything useful.

'Thanks matey. Might send some more friends for some of that brew.'

He leaves the kitchen and shuffles up the stairs in front of him.

ooc: permanent or temp?
    OOC: Permanent

Iuric rushes in and attacks.

OOC: What could go wrong?
    OOC: Init

Nobby hides Sarric's corpse behind the altar and leaves the dim shrine room and walks down the hall, travelling NorthEast.

OOC: Init
    OOC: Done. Decisions, decisions, use my last spell slot or save it?

The undead charge up the stairs toward Iuric, though the stone steps can only accommodate two of them. The first two, both in red painted armour gaze up at Iuric, confused for a moment having never seen his race. Iuric's height gives him a clear advantage, the undead dwarves finding it hard to dodge the pummel of blows descending on them from above.

Iuric slices through the abdomen of one, before one with a green axe takes its place, stepping over his fallen comrade's corpse when before long the other in the red armour receives a crushing blow to the skull. Green Axe is an aggressive fighter, but receives a solid pair of lacerations from Iuric as a fourth rushes to take help. Unfortunately the fourth almost instantly receives a sword through the nose, destroying the brain. "So much for you Gordhinz" the Green Axe spits.

The fifth, seeing the losing battle, runs. "The Master must be warned!" he shouts.

Green Axe makes a grimacing expression. "Coward..." he then stares hard at Iuric "...at least yer a decent warrior lad". He makes a swing or two that misses before Iuric smashes his face in with the side of his blade.

The last words he hears are...

"Taste the divine justice of Mesharum, the final Arbiter." Iuric coughs up a small bit of blood "That took more of me than expected."

Iuric has a look around the room.

"Taste the divine justice of Mesharum, the final Arbiter." Iuric coughs up a small bit of blood "That took more of me than expected."

Iuric has a look around the room.
    The room contains two sets of bunk beds, each three levels high. Next to the bunk beds are open wooden lockers containing the personal effects of the dwarves that clearly mark them as something akin to House Knights, such as badges carrying the same insignia.

There is a exit leading West along what looks like a cellar passage. Another exit lies to the East, much rougher almost like a cave passage, with very cold air coming from it. The fifth dwarf left along the East passage.

One of the bunk beds suddenly falls over.

• Advertisement

Nobby hides Sarric's corpse behind the altar and leaves the dim shrine room and walks down the hall, travelling NorthEast.
    Nobby enters a room shaped like a Hexagon, with the passage he came from to the South.

On each face lies a door, each one with the portrait of a stern looking dwarf above it, all clad in helms and plate armour.

Each door is closed.

An old looking undead dwarf approaches Nobby.

"Would ye like a Karsen Arse lad?"

The room contains two sets of bunk beds, each three levels high. Next to the bunk beds are open wooden lockers containing the personal effects of the dwarves that clearly mark them as something akin to House Knights, such as badges carrying the same insignia.

There is a exit leading West along what looks like a cellar passage. Another exit lies to the East, much rougher almost like a cave passage, with very cold air coming from it. The fifth dwarf left along the East passage.

One of the bunk beds suddenly falls over.
    Iuric has a look at the collapsed bed weary that something else is lurking here.

Nobby enters a room shaped like a Hexagon, with the passage he came from to the South.

On each face lies a door, each one with the portrait of a stern looking dwarf above it, all clad in helms and plate armour.

Each door is closed.

An old looking undead dwarf approaches Nobby.

"Would ye like a Karsen Arse lad?"

"What pray tell is a Karsen Arse?"

'Thanks matey. Might send some more friends for some of that brew.'

He leaves the kitchen and shuffles up the stairs in front of him.
    Vrakrash enters a an enormous library, two stories high, with reams upon reams of books. Most of the second floors shelves are empty, tossed on to the first floor. There is a rug on the floor, an enormous map of dhurn Dharal, though much smaller than the city today, only reaching the Lower Dark, though it seems to extend up from it, not reach down.

In the middle of the library, two undead dwarves are viciously beating some elves.

A door out lies to the NorthWest.

"What pray tell is a Karsen Arse?"
    "A sweet lad..." he adjusts his glasses "...say are you a human?"

Iuric has a look at the collapsed bed weary that something else is lurking here.
    The frame on the upper bunk on the right side is broken, though there is little other evidence as to what caused it.

"That one that fled mentioned a master, I should gather Sarric and... I must try overhear his name, and see if we can put an end to this madness." Iuric heads back up the stairs to the hall "Hello, Sarric, Dragonborn, are you there?" He checks on Hurguil while he waits for a reply.

"A sweet lad..." he adjusts his glasses "...say are you a human?"

"I can be whatever you want me to be sir."

"That one that fled mentioned a master, I should gather Sarric and... I must try overhear his name, and see if we can put an end to this madness." Iuric heads back up the stairs to the hall "Hello, Sarric, Dragonborn, are you there?" He checks on Hurguil while he waits for a reply.
    Hurguil is rocking himself on the ground. Iuric can see some of his hair ripped out in fear and frustration, for Hurguil now has no eyes.

• Advertisement

"I can be whatever you want me to be sir."
    "Well, as long as yer not an elf...anyway sweet or not?"

Advertisement