Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    ooc: i have slow fall, is that factored into the fall already? so it would have been 23hp damage from the fall origionally?
    OOC: Fall damage can be ignored, removed from original post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    The Master, not sure what might yet happen, locks eyes with Iuric, lightening gauntlets crackling with power.
    Iuric screams "For Hurguil" as he moves in to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Did any of you find a breatplate in your searches, we need to ensure mister master doesnt get his hands on it."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Roll Charisma

OOC: Cries... rolled a 2

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric screams "For Hurguil" as he moves in to attack.
    "Did any of you find a breatplate in your searches, we need to ensure mister master doesnt get his hands on it."
    Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Cries... rolled a 2
    Sarric grits his teeth at Vrakrash. Who cares now, there is only Nobby, who stole his life. Vrakrash may have been a companion, but such a short friendship means nothing to one as old as he, or so his damaged mind reasons. However, best to protect the source of his new powers.

He kicks off the ground and suddenly appears in front of Iuric, protecting the Master.

The master smirks to himself beneath the Helm and shouts at Nobby.

"That wizard won't get free, the breastplate is mine, might as well use her power now..."

He raises his fist to summon the plate.

"What...it..."

The plate doesn't appear.

• Advertisement

"Stand aside Sarric. Once the Master is dealt with I will find a way to help you."

Evade wrote: »
    "Stand aside Sarric. Once the Master is dealt with I will find a way to help you."
    OOC: Init, anybody wishing to join can, otherwise Iuric fights Sarric alone

Iuric and Sarric trade blows. Sarric moves so fast he is almost a blur, but Iuric just manages to bring his sword up in time to block the blows. Sarric is so focused on Iuric he doesn't see Vrakrash come in from the side, whose axe smashes into his back. He only glances at Vrakrash, before he charges a ball of green energy in his hands that flow out like a wave into Iuric's face, flinging him back into a pillar, which brakes and he lands on the other side, but quickly springs back to his feet. He rushes Sarric as the others fight him. Now focused on Vrakrash and taking a hit from his scimitar, cutting deep into the neck, this time it is Iuric he ignores.

Iuric's sword is driven deep into Sarric's neck, out the larynx and, followed by sweep, decapitates him, the head rolling onto the ground.

The Master had since joined the fight, but without losing a beat Vrakrash stabs him in the arm through the joints in his armour. At this he grits his teeth, he can't lose. He overcharges the gauntlet, electricuting himself, but the electricity arcs outward into Vrakrash and Iuric, who collapse to the ground, their skin somewhat burned with a small amount of smoke coming off them and a smell of meat in the air.

It is then that Nobby seizes his moment. Letting the Ki accumulate in his limbs, all the Master sees is multiple copies of Nobby's arms and legs coming at him, the speed giving the illusion of duplicate limbs. Confused and knowing not where to block, he fatally misses the spear that breaks the glass over his eyes and drives its way into his brain. He falls back, dying. After 1,000 years of life, his dream for the dwarven people now a failure.

Nobby quickly tends to the others, who struggle back to their feet.

He hears the severed head of Sarric speak to him via their shared Ki. "Why?" he asks, before his Ki is gone. Sarric Craulnober is no more.

"Vra.....krash...." the Master barely manages "...speak with...me...."

Iuric shakes off the ringing in his ears "My thanks... Sarric?"

Then he heads to where Hurguils remains are, lights his symbol and kneels "Mesharum, I beseech you judge this being mercifully" after a few seconds of silence he stands and does the same for Sarric's corpse.

"Now that the Master is no more whatever spell traps us here should be undone" Iuric says to everyone.

"This helmet I am wearing is an abomination to my species. I am unable to take it off myself as it compels me to keep wearing it, but i want it off. It is an invention of the masters, it makes it so people who would not normaly be inclined to hate elves want to murder them. any assistance in getting it off would be a kindness.
    Probably best to tie me up and gag me before attempting to remove it, I don't want to be responsible if the helmet make me try to harm my friends."

Nobby offers his hand up to be bound.

• Advertisement

Iuric looks horrified at Nobby "That is a devious device, the depth of these Dwarves depravity is almost demoinc." He turns to Vrakrash "You pin him down, I'll remove the helmet."

Fourier wrote:
    "Vra.....krash...." the Master barely manages "...speak with...me...."

Vrakrash climbs to his feet, skin a little toasty, but it feels kind of good as a dragon. He approaches the Master.

'Speak then.'

Vrakrash climbs to his feet, skin a little toasty, but it feels kind of good as a dragon. He approaches the Master.

'Speak then.'
    "Your....father....tell me....of him..."

"Your....father....tell me....of him..."

Vrakrash looks a little perturbed.

'My father? I... I... never knew either of my parents. The slavers took me away as a young drakebaby, or whatever you call infants of my race.

I spent years in chains, till I finally could take no more. I rose up against the cruelty, I struck Him...down. I escaped. He still pursues me.

I have heard rumours of my parents, some bordering on the ridiculous - that I was the result of a copulation between dwarf and dragon, a God and..Citra herself.

But I know that cannot be true, I am not even close to being old enough for such a thing to have happened.

I tried to find pieces, fragments of my past to try to figure out my ancestry... this is why I travel the planes, in search of answers... or at least I did.

Finally, a year ago... I just gave up. Decided to come back here, make some money.

And here we are.'

"A dwarf....and a dragon? Stranger things...have happened my boy. The pool showed me....you...would be present at....*cough*....my death.

Maybe that joker of a god had a....point...good to live...a little. And maybe you being....somewhat dwarf...is an irony I was meant to face in death.

Destroy the beast's body....if its older siblings or, Miner preserve us, its parent, hear it....Dhurn Dharal is done for...."

He reaches into his pocket and takes out a medallion.

"Deep in the Gigadark....this is a key...I leave it with you....my knowledge of dwarven physiology is without peer, even in this era....when they came to me to help...with the hatching...I viewed you and your siblings as abominations...how wrong I was....travel well Vrakrash of the sapphire egg, travel well...."

The Master dies with a smile on his face.

Vrakrash takes the medallion and nods.

He gets to his feet and strides over to Iuric.

'We need to destroy the beast's body - and then get out of this place. Or...'

He dangles the medallion with the key.

'Press onwards to the Gigadark.'

He takes the dwarven healing juice from his backpack, takes a sip. He looks down at the final drops in the container.

'Here friend. Drink, heal and let us mourn Hurguil. Now... as for... Nobby.'

Vrakrash pins Nobby to the ground.

'Remove this helm then, Iuric, and let us destroy its hold on our friend!'

"How would we go about destroying such a beast?" Iuric drinks the toast "to Hurguil." When Nobby is pinned Iuric will pull off his helmet remove the helm forcefully.

OOC: What does the Dwarf juice do?

OOC: Healing juice :) Not sure how much HP but more than our current 1 anyways :pac:

OOC: Vrakrash and Iuric roll 1d10 for health recovered from juice

Iuric begins to pull at the helm, the spell binding it to Nobby making it difficult to remove. As he does so Nobby begins to trash about violently.

OOC: Vrakrash contested roll against Nobby as he struggles to be free

• Advertisement

Nobby curses and bites at Vrakrash, but finally the helm comes free.

At that moment Karinth and Ser Boros kick open the entry door and run into the lobby. Ser Boros gasps.
    "Karinth, Sarric our friend is dead...I...I failed him...he who took me to this world...how can I call myself a knight?"

He holds Sarric in his arms.

"Help me bury him at least"

Karinth rolls his eyes.

"Temporal duplicate Ser Boros, technically Sarric is dead, but only along one coterminus time line...."

Ser Boros looks blank.

"...never mind, there's Sarric"

Ser Boros wipes his eyes and rushes to Nobby.

"Sarric, are you alright."

Karinth turns to Vrakrash and Iuric.

"Dragon and the apathetic cleric, you've done some good fighting here it seems, I'm raging I missed it, what is the beast writhing in pain. Not an elemental, material, but elevated...hard to tell"

Fourier wrote:
    "Dragon and the apathetic cleric, you've done some good fighting here it seems, I'm raging I missed it, what is the beast writhing in pain. Not an elemental, material, but elevated...hard to tell"

'Don't ask me, evil no doubt. The master here told me to dispose of it lest we awaken one of its siblings or worse... a parent.

Any ideas how?'

'Don't ask me, evil no doubt. The master here told me to dispose of it lest we awaken one of its siblings or worse... a parent.

Any ideas how?'
    "Well we could dispose of it or...."

He attempts to read the room and decides to press ahead.

"...harvest its organs for vivimantic purposes?"

Fourier wrote:

'Hey, be my guest. As long as we get rid of it, I don't mind what you do with it.

If I rested briefly I could probably burn it alive but I'd prefer to do it sooner rather than later.'

Ser Boros wipes his eyes and rushes to Nobby.

"Sarric, are you alright."

"Feeling better now, thank you for your concern Ser Boros."
    Turning to include the others, "Their is a magic human lady in a room upstairs, directly above the guest room. The dwarves and the master captured and siphoned her powers using some kind of breastplate, I'm going to see if killing the master has released her, if not, i'll have to keep searching for the item."

"Well we could dispose of it or...."

He attempts to read the room and decides to press ahead.

"Harvest away. It'll be fun to see the good we can accomplice assisted by the product of their evil remains."

Karinth reaches into the creatures skull through the opening provided by Vrakrash blow and pulls out some crucial grey matter. The creature seizes up violently and dies. Digging through the brain he pulls out a small glowing ember object of some sort.

"All I needed, thank you, I think the best way to dispose it would be via a nearby lava chamber"

Fourier wrote:
    "All I needed, thank you, I think the best way to dispose it would be via a nearby lava chamber"

'Er.... not sure if you or Iuric should be venturing near lava my friend... let's just say I had a premonition...'

Vrakrash explains to the party his time in the pool and the choices he made.

OOC: are we at the area with the north shrine room and NE hall leading to hex rooms? if we are, Sarric will go NE, SE, up and if he makes it their without encounters, he will talk to the woman again, and imform her that the master is now dead and will no longer be siphoning her powers and inquire about the spell holding her.

• Advertisement

OOC: are we at the area with the north shrine room and NE hall leading to hex rooms? if we are, Sarric will go NE, SE, up and if he makes it their without encounters, he will talk to the woman again, and imform her that the master is now dead and will no longer be siphoning her powers and inquire about the spell holding her.
    OOC: Yes, basically

When the mage hears the news, she jumps for joy, igniting into flame and turning into ice, before going back to normal.

"You only need the bring the breastplate here and I can free myself!"

Sarric now goes back downstairs and out to the hex room and north, into what he has been told are the msters bedroom.

Sarric now goes back downstairs and out to the hex room and north, into what he has been told are the msters bedroom.
    The bedroom is a bare affair. An altar to an odd god with a large pick axe, with ten dwarves underneath him.

A bed, made from rock.

And a wash basin.

Little else.

Sarric searches the altar and the bed, then searches for hidden exits.

Sarric searches the altar and the bed, then searches for hidden exits.
    All he finds is a medical text in very old runes, no exits however.

Sarric head south back to the hex room and then south again to where he left the party, he looks around to find the helmet which he was wearing,if he finds it grabs it and heads west to the crevice and tosses it into the crevice watching it as it falls and enters the lava, and is pleased, then heads east again to rejoin the party.

• Advertisement

Sarric say to the group, "I was told of this room, a room that 'I maynot enter .... and not to get any ideas'... anybody up for entering that room with me?"

Sarric say to the group, "I was told of this room, a room that 'I maynot enter .... and not to get any ideas'... anybody up for entering that room with me?"

Vrakrash shrugs.

'I will join you, once we dispose of this creature. Karinth, Iuric - if you are still willing to risk it let us take the body to the lava and throw it in. Then we shall go and see this room Sarric speaks of....'

He looks at Sarric.

'Sarric again then? Not Nobby?'

Sarric looks at Vrakrash, "Sure, I'll help drag that thing to the crevace." He then puts on a puzzled look "Nobby? "

Sarric looks at Vrakrash, "Sure, I'll help drag that thing to the crevace." He then puts on a puzzled look "Nobby? "

'While you were wearing the helm, you referred to yourself as Nobby. I was as confused as you look right now.'

Vrakrash walks over to the carcass.

'Right then, let's get this thing done.'

'While you were wearing the helm, you referred to yourself as Nobby. I was as confused as you look right now.'

Vrakrash walks over to the carcass.

'Right then, let's get this thing done.'

"I did tell the party they could call me Nobby if they wished to, but that was in Zassan, before we met you, maybe there is more to that magic pool than i gave it credit for, here," Sarric reaches into his pack and retrieves the t-rex tooth, "maybe you should hold onto this," Sarric throws the tooth to vrakrash.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash flinches at the sight of the tooth before he realises Sarric was throwing it to him.

He smiles and catches it.

'Heh... another vision. Didn't pick that one though.'

He places the tooth carefully in his backpack.

Sarric takes out his long sword and begins to hack up the beast into managable pieces, and carry then and chuck them into the crevace.

The other white elastic being watches as the group dissect its brethren, but does nothing. Eventually the body is disposed off.

Karinth whispers to Sarric.

"This Retula, what's your read on her? Dangerous?

And the other one, Mags, is he one to cause offense?"

As the group head on the way Karinth whispers to Sarric.

"This Retula, what's your read on her? Dangerous?

And the other one, Mags, is he one to cause offense?"

"Retula, our navigator, didn't seem dangerous to me, but i dont think i caused her any offense or reason to find out if she was dangerour or not.

Mags was only helpful, he made these giant hands appear that pointed at stuff.

I haven't seen either of them since i seperated from the group just before finding you in your valley."

Karinth seems concerned but nods, accepting Sarric's explanation.

"Where to now?" asks Ser Boros.

Karinth seems concerned but nods, accepting Sarric's explanation.

"Where to now?" asks Ser Boros.

"To the room we should not enter.... Its down the hall, and the nw door in the hex room, I'll lead the way" and does so, then checks the door for traps and pauses.

Vrakrash follows Sarric, weapons drawn.

'So what exactly are we looking for my friend?'

Vrakrash follows Sarric, weapons drawn.

'So what exactly are we looking for my friend?'

"mainly entering cause i was told not too, but looking for a breastplate if we come across one, magic lady stuck upstairs and need it to get free."

"mainly entering cause i was told not too, but looking for a breastplate if we come across one, magic lady stuck upstairs and need it to get free."

'Breastplate.... I did not come across it during my travails anyways.'

Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'You seem to have explored this complex more than I or Sarric. Any sight or sign of a breastplate, that Sarric is looking for?'

OOC: Holding there for Evade

• Advertisement
Advertisement