Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

As Nobby heads out into the garden, he sees that the crystals are covered by hexes, searching the whole garden for a good few minutes, he sees all the crystals are like this down to the large cavern decending deeper into the earth away from the house.

The hour passes. Vrakrash sees the pieces of the elves skull ressable, push the book out of his skull and his face heal.

Iuric's rest comes to an end, he stands feeling rejuvenated.

In the hall, a zombified Sarric rises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

"The others haven't returned I hope they're still living, but there's no more time to wait an undead leader needs dealing with."

Iuric checks how Hurguilis doing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash pokes at his new elven friend to see if he has... arisen.

The whole thing is rather unnerving to fat, non-warrior Vrakrash. His stomach begins to churn with the brew he drank earlier.

Evade wrote: »
    "The others haven't returned I hope they're still living, but there's no more time to wait an undead leader needs dealing with."

Iuric checks how Hurguilis doing.
    He now has no arms, legs or ears.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash pokes at his new elven friend to see if he has... arisen.

The whole thing is rather unnerving to fat, non-warrior Vrakrash. His stomach begins to churn with the brew he drank earlier.
    The elf opens his eyes.

"Well that was incredibly painful."

He groans and stands, then grabs Vrakrash by the face.

Vrakrash skull stretches out, his legs develop claws, his skin hardens, cracks and turns golden and tail erupts painfully from his back. Within a minute he is back to his old self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Nobby casts a fire bolt at a bunch of crystals 100 feet up ahead of him.

Fourier wrote: »
    He now has no arms, legs or ears.
    "What madness is this?" Iuric picks up Hurguil and heads down the stairs into the room he fought the Dwarves in.

OOC: Are they open wounds or healed stumps?

Vrakrash whoops and hollers and does a little dragon dance.

Then he hugs his new undead friend, but not too tight.

'Ok, I think I'm back to my old self now. Tell me, what is with this place? And why do you keep reanimating? It doesn't seem like your first time.'

"What madness is this?" Iuric picks up Hurguil and heads down the stairs into the room he fought the Dwarves in.

OOC: Are they open wounds or healed stumps?
    Looking at Hurguil closely, it's as if he never had arms, legs, ears or a mouth to begin with.

Hurguil himself is unconcious.

When he enters the room, it is as before, save for a glowing red line half way through.

• Advertisement

Iuric examines the red line.

Vrakrash whoops and hollers and does a little dragon dance.

Then he hugs his new undead friend, but not too tight.

'Ok, I think I'm back to my old self now. Tell me, what is with this place? And why do you keep reanimating? It doesn't seem like your first time.'
    "The master loathes me, he cast a spell of resurrection on me and within this house, it never wares out. His minions then beat me to death whenever they find me.

This house, I have been here for hundreds of years. It is a restoration of his home from long ago, merged with that of the last owner."

Iuric examines the red line.
    The line pulses, staring at it directly is difficult due to the harsh light it emits. A strong heat comes off it.

Hurguil starts wriggling as his eyes disappear.

Vrakrash nods.

'Then I give you the choice, my friend. Stay here and continue to eke out the same existence over and over again..

Or take me to this master, and I will cut him down and free all of you.'

He pauses.

'Either way I ask of you a favour to heal our dwarven friend, Hurguil - he is not like these undead monsters. If you have it in your power to restore him, then do so please.

Once you show me the way to the master, of course.'

Vrakrash reaches for his axe, and smiles.

"Best to give that a wide berth" Iuric follows the path the fleeing undead Dwarf took.

Vrakrash nods.

'Then I give you the choice, my friend. Stay here and continue to eke out the same existence over and over again..

Or take me to this master, and I will cut him down and free all of you.'

He pauses.

'Either way I ask of you a favour to heal our dwarven friend, Hurguil - he is not like these undead monsters. If you have it in your power to restore him, then do so please.

Once you show me the way to the master, of course.'

Vrakrash reaches for his axe, and smiles.
    The elf narrows his eyes, then turns, lost in thought, before sighing.

"I fear you will not fare well against him, but you are not the kind to be stopped I suspect. Go out of this room and head across the balcony looking over the corridor with the armour. On the other side you should see his bedroom. He will either be there or if not, descend into the lowest floor, down the stone stairs you passed on your way here. Head straight East passed the bunk room and you will find his research chambers.

I will help this dwarf, where is he?"

Vrakrash thanks the elf.

'Last I saw him, he was with my friend, Iuric. Do not threaten him, as he is not a fan of undead... he's a holy type, you probably know the sort.'

He gestures to the stairs.

'Down below this room, you should find them. Send them to find me. I might need the help.'

Vrakrash waves and heads in the direction the elf told him.

"Best to give that a wide berth" Iuric follows the path the fleeing undead Dwarf took.
    The passage he enters splits into one heading North and one heading East. To the North he hears water, to the East nothing.

Vrakrash thanks the elf.

'Last I saw him, he was with my friend, Iuric. Do not threaten him, as he is not a fan of undead... he's a holy type, you probably know the sort.'

He gestures to the stairs.

'Down below this room, you should find them. Send them to find me. I might need the help.'

Vrakrash waves and heads in the direction the elf told him.
    "They are uncommon among my people, our gods are either personally known to us or are one of our own raised up, like the dwarves. Not the near omnipotent beings worshiped by the humans and the newer races....but yes I know the type"

He heads off.

Varkrash enters the balcony hall. It itself heads East, there is also a corridor going North.

Iuric lights his holy symbol and looks around for tracks or any other signs of recent fleeing.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash continues East, trying to recall the directions the elf gave him.

Iuric lights his holy symbol and looks around for tracks or any other signs of recent fleeing.
    Very heavy tracks head East, two in total, barefooted, though monstrous in size. They are flanking a much smaller set of footprints of someone in armour.

Vrakrash continues East, trying to recall the directions the elf gave him.
    Across at the other end of the hall is a door. To its North is a fancy corridor lined with high quality wooden furnishings and a crystal lamp, before ending in a chamber with multiple doors.

The entire house suddenly shakes violently.

Iuric extinguishes his symbol and follows the tracks.

Vrakrash continues North towards the chamber, weapons drawn.

He examines the doors.

In the crystal garden Nobby sees multiple crystals explode, which then cause another set to explode. The explosion thankfully doesn't come back in his direction, the crystals close to him being too small to provide much power. Instead the explosion continues down the massive cavern into the Underdark.

Vrakrash continues North towards the chamber, weapons drawn.

He examines the doors.
    As he reaches for the door he just about notices a shadow behind him.

OOC: Dex check

Iuric extinguishes his symbol and follows the tracks.
    The Eastern passage first has a wooden door on its Northern face. A drippping sound comes from within, accompanied by something heavy being dragged.

At the passages end is a heavy bolted iron door. Lighting crackles across its surface.

• Advertisement

OOC: Rolled 19

Advertisement