Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “I’ve enough foes so I’ll be glad to call you friend”

"Have you come across any stories of the Durandal sword on your travels? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

<out of char>

Have I ?

</>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

"This is Dhurn Dharal, a Dwarf city. Where are you from friend?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

“I’ve enough foes so I’ll be glad to call you friend”

'I like that. Friend it is.'

OOC: just as a general thing Iuric looks human apart from the faint glow, blonde hair, wears polished armour, has a massive sword on his back, and a smaller but still large sword on his belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

<out of char>

Have I ?

</>
    OOC: No, you've never heard the name

Evade wrote: »
    "This is Dhurn Dharal, a Dwarf city. Where are you from friend?"
    “Well I grew up on Church Hill, but we weren’t wealthy. My father was an investigatitive Spell Developer in the Illusionary School of the University.”

sKeith wrote: »
    "Have you come across any stories of the Durandal sword on your travels? "

“No Ser, I am afraid I have not heard tell.”

“Well I grew up on Church Hill, but we weren’t wealthy. My father was an investigatitive Spell Developer in the Illusionary School of the University.”
    "Ah. I too am in the family business, in a manner of speaking. You wouldn't happen to read Dwarvish, would you?"

"Ah. I too am in the family business, in a manner of speaking. You wouldn't happen to read Dwarvish, would you?"

“No Ser I do not.”

• Advertisement

“No Ser I do not.”
    "No matter." Iuric turns to Sarric "Where was that Dwarf again?"

"I know dwarvish, but if you need the old runes translated, best see the dwarf i mentioned earlier, he can transalte this old runic language."

"No matter." Iuric turns to Sarric "Where was that Dwarf again?"

"though the NW door here, then through the NW door from the hex room outside this room."

"I will be back soon" Iuric follows Sarrics directions.

"I will be back soon" Iuric follows Sarrics directions.

<follows>

Vrakrash follows Iuric, but at a distance given the dwarves seemingly dislike of his kind.

They arrive in the room with scholarly dwarf, now buried deep in some huge tome on rare Cantrips from long past ages.

"Uhm hello" he says without looking up from the book.

"Greetings, scholar Dwarf. I am iuric Merctius, Paladin of Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. Are you a prisoner here?" Iuric announces.

Vrakrash hangs back outside the room, weapons drawn in case of any trouble.

• Advertisement

"Greetings, scholar Dwarf. I am iuric Merctius, Paladin of Mesharum, the Final Arbiter. Are you a prisoner here?" Iuric announces.
    "Certainly not! That Master fellow couldn't hold me if he tried!

Mesharum? So that faith of his still survives in this era, I would have thought it too demanding for humans of this age, do you still seek to bring order and all that?"

Fourier wrote: »
    "Certainly not! That Master fellow couldn't hold me if he tried!

Mesharum? So the faith of his still survives in this era, I would have thought it too demanding for humans of this age, do you still seek to bring order and all that?"
    "He could not hold anyone... now, and I try to help where I can." Iuric approaches the Dwarf "I seek some knowledge, could I impose upon you for a moment?"

Am I am Jeremy.

I cast FIND FAMILIAR

"He could not hold anyone... now, and I try to help where I can." Iuric approaches the Dwarf "I seek some knowledge, could I impose upon you for a moment?"
    "Of course...please take a seat and tell me what you want. I was hear to partake in the Master's studies into the our creation. With him gone, I have a temporary break in such matters, must keep the mind active."

An demon in Octopus form appears in the room and salutes Jeremy.

"Thanks, I was in the middle of a war, saved me a few bruises pal"

"I found this scroll and I was hoping you could decipher it and... the name of this city Dhurn Dharal, does it have any relation to the legendary sword Durandal?" Iuric asks slightly excitedly.

• Advertisement

"I found this scroll and I was hoping you could decipher it and... the name of this city Dhurn Dharal, does it have any relation to the legendary sword Durandal?" Iuric asks slightly excitedly.
    He raises his eye brows first at the scroll, then even higher at the mention of the sword.

"Well my boy, you are full of surprises.

Firstly, this scroll is for a very powerful spell, were I still in the living in one plane business I be tempted to not give it back to you, but well, this isn't even my plane, so...anyway the scroll can shunt you forward in time...and back...though I'd be careful with the latter. It's what the master must have used to arrive at this era. It requires a Bard's blood however, in the backward travel case, enough to kill them.

The sword...well I sense you are the types to go directly to where I say...are you sure you want to know?"

The sword...well I sense you are the types to go directly to where I say...are you sure you want to know?"
    "YES" Iuric's voice cracks and he coughs to clear his throat "Yes I would indeed like to know."

<telepathy> what’s your name, I am Jeremy can you scout around and have a look see what’s lying around in here.

"The sword you seek is powerful indeed, it was wielded in the past by a being known as the Clockwork King, the ruler of a vast territory on one of the continents of this world's internal world, I believe you say 'The World within the World' here, I have seen planes like this before...regardless the Clockwork King was defeated about 200 years ago, your records conflict on who exactly. The Nerosians claim it was this 'Ekbard' figure, the Charrans of your East say it was 'Phantom Tiger of the Yellow Night', a folk hero.

Whoever did it, they left the sword within the Tindolin Valley, a dark place that few ever return from. One's strength means little there...it's one of the many areas of your plane I've avoided in my millennium here. Dhurn Dharal digs through the Gigadark out into the interior world where they have a small colony. The valley lies eighty miles West of the colony.

If you go...my condolences."

<telepathy> what’s your name, I am Jeremy can you scout around and have a look see what’s lying around in here.
    The Octopus salutes and begins to rummage around the room.

The dwarf just laughs.

• Advertisement

"My sincerest thanks, scholar" Iuric says with barely contained glee. As he starts to leave he turns back "Oh, yes. Now that the master is dead what will happen to this place? Will it always be tethered to the city?"

"My sincerest thanks, scholar" Iuric says with barely contained glee. As he starts to leave he turns back "Oh, yes. Now that the master is dead what will happen to this place? Will it always be tethered to the city?"
    "Oh indeed not, only about twenty minutes before this miniplane the house exists in detaches from your plane and implodes, I'm just finishing my book before I planeshift out of here"

The octopus waddles over to Jeremy and hands him a scroll.

"My demons are polite on this plane, that's a nice little spell for a budding Wizard, you can have it" the Dwarf says with a smile on his face.

Vrakrash whispers from the doorway.

'Psst... Ask about the master's room in Gigadark...'

Iuric turns "Demon!?" and then rethinks "No time for that now. We must go" Iuric says to Jeremy "My thanks again scholar" he says as he runs back to where he left Sarric.

"Oh indeed not, only about twenty minutes before this miniplane the house exists in detaches from your plane and implodes, I'm just finishing my book before I planeshift out of here"

The octopus waddles over to Jeremy and hands him a scroll.

"My demons are polite on this plane, that's a nice little spell for a budding Wizard, you can have it" the Dwarf says with a smile on his face.

“Why thank you”
    I read the scroll carefully.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash whispers from the doorway.

'Psst... Ask about the master's room in Gigadark...'
    Iuric pokes hi head back around the door "Do you know anything of the Master's room in the Gigadark?"

Iuric turns "Demon!?" and then rethinks "No time for that now. We must go" Iuric says to Jeremy "My thanks again scholar" he says as he runs back to where he left Sarric.

“Oh! Comon Octavious, we must make haste.”

“Why thank you”
    I read the scroll carefully.
    It's a modified version of Tenser's Floating Disk, Coldhinz Floating Disk. It can take twice the weight, but dispels more easily at 50ft.

Octavius leaps onto Jeremy's shoulder as the group reconvene. Shudders run through the hall as the plane begins to collapse.

"We need to leave, this plane will loose its tether to Dhurn Dharal any minute now." Iuric explains to the group.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash sighs.

'Very well. We'll find it regardless. Let us leave in haste!'

Vrakrash runs back to Sarric and explains the situation.

Karinth, can you zap us out of here?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Karinth, can you zap us out of here?"
    "Ah of course, Sarric what would I do without you. So which four are coming with me?

Sarric my friend will.

Ser Boros will come of course.

Well that leaves two more"

Vrakrash looks to Sarric and Karinth.

'Take the others. I will make it out myself.'

He takes off running.

Iuric picks up the Dwarven breastplate before they leave.

Karinth nods.

"The dragon is either half mad or brave beyond words"

He tosses Iuric the planeshifting gem.

"All of you go, the young Wizard included, I will help the dragon, my blood rushes at the thought."

"Are you sure?"

"I hope you know how to use that Iruic."

Iuric picks up the Dwarven breastplate before they leave.

I pocket dimension Octavious.

• Advertisement

Sarric grabs onto Iuric and begins clicking his heels subconsciously......

Advertisement