Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Hello, I'm not looking for anywhere really. What are you reading?" Nobby takes a sip of ale from his tankard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: You succeed regardless, but how much would Iuric know of other religions in general, just to write the response?
    OOC: Passing familiarity at best. Mostly talking with other paladins and clerics and being in temples, shrines, etc and the occasional visit from the dreaded d8, Ramiel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    "Hello, I'm not looking for anywhere really. What are you reading?" Nobby takes a sip of ale from his tankard.
    "The master has set me to work on learning the language of the beast in the caverns. Hard to think we and them are...well related..."

He looks at Sarric.

"...us dwarves I mean, the elves say you men are a type of ape from the West."

"What would elves know about that, I won't hold much stock in the rubbish they spout. Tell me more about this beast, is it a friendly beast? I'm quite nifty with languages myself."

Evade wrote: »
    OOC: Passing familiarity at best. Mostly talking with other paladins and clerics and being in temples, shrines, etc and the occasional visit from the dreaded d8, Ramiel.
    Focusing on the feeling he gets from stone, it is similar to artefacts from his own fate, the great golden wheels, which summon the geometric angels of Mesharum. Other fates he has encountered, though they don't have angels, have similar secondary beings to their god. At least henotheistic ones did.

This is then for summoning a dwarven 'angel', whatever that might be.

• Advertisement

"What would elves know about that, I won't hold much stock in the rubbish they spout. Tell me more about this beast, is it a friendly beast? I'm quite nifty with languages myself."
    "Friendly to dwarves and that's all that matters lad. However it won't like the way Dhurn Dharal is now, worship of Vergadain, Dumathoin and BandyLegs...ugh, makes me wretch these modern dwarves...they've forgotten the Old Digger, the first God we had, our creator."

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash checks the room for any exits. He looks down to the display case and also examines the gems which spilled from within

OOC: It's a habit I can't break :P
    The gems are very unusual, coming from the gigadark Vrakrash cannot place there value, for they almost never reach the surface. Among the dwarves the Gigadark is sacrosanct and its riches not traded to other races.

The colours of the gems are odd, purples and strong greens with bubbles of other hues within.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The gems are very unusual, coming from the gigadark Vrakrash cannot place there value, for they almost never reach the surface. Among the dwarves the Gigadark is sacrosanct and its riches not traded to other races.

The colours of the gems are odd, purples and strong greens with bubbles of other hues within.

Vrakrash carefully picks up the gems and places them into his backpack.

He muses to himself:

'Note to self - set up my own gem store. Only way I'll sell any of these ruddy things.'

He looks to see if he can climb out of the hole in the ceiling, or if there is any other exit from the room if not.

Vrakrash carefully picks up the gems and places them into his backpack.

He muses to himself:

'Note to self - set up my own gem store. Only way I'll sell any of these ruddy things.'

He looks to see if he can climb out of the hole in the ceiling, or if there is any other exit from the room if not.
    The ceiling is too high to reach.

To the West there is a staircase leading up. One made of some sort of crystal.

To the North, another exit, from which he hears dwarven bagpipes being played.

"Friendly to dwarves and that's all that matters lad. However it won't like the way Dhurn Dharal is now, worship of Vergadain, Dumathoin and BandyLegs...ugh, makes me wretch these modern dwarves...they've forgotten the Old Digger, the first God we had, our creator."

"Do you plan on telling it all these things when you learn to speak with it? "

• Advertisement

Focusing on the feeling he gets from stone, it is similar to artefacts from his own fate, the great golden wheels, which summon the geometric angels of Mesharum. Other fates he has encountered, though they don't have angels, have similar secondary beings to their god. At least henotheistic ones did.

This is then for summoning a dwarven 'angel', whatever that might be.
    "An amulet to summon divine servants, that could be dangerous" Iuic carefully puts the amulet in a pocket on his belt. "I'd better dispose of it safely."

"Now, where did that undead Dwarf and his two large-footed friends get to?"

Iuric checks around the room for any other exits.

"Do you plan on teling it all these things when you learn to speak with it? "
    "No, not at all, I expect it would rend me and then wake its brethren to purge Dhurn Dharal of all heretic dwarves."

Iuric checks around the room for any other exits.
    He sees no exits, save the one through which he entered.

The ceiling is too high to reach.

To the West there is a staircase leading up. One made of some sort of crystal.

To the North, another exit, from which he hears dwarven bagpipes being played.

Vrakrash picks up a leg of the case he smashed through and heads towards the stairs to the West.

He throws the leg at the staircase and backs off quickly, should anything happen.

"Who is this 'the master' you speak of? Is she a dwarf? How do I go about getting a task from her?"

Vrakrash picks up a leg of the case he smashed through and heads towards the stairs to the West.

He throws the leg at the staircase and backs off quickly, should anything happen.
    The staircase erupts in flames, which then die down.

Iuric heads back down the corridor to the fork and takes the path the water sounds were coming from.

"Strange, were the tracks an illusion?"

OOC: Did the scorpidwarves have big feet?

"Who is this 'the master' you speak of? Is she a dwarf? How do I go about getting a task from her?"
    He pauses.

"She is of course you fool, were you recruited without meeting her....I see then, just a mercenary.

Either in the shrine below or her room boy"

The staircase erupts in flames, which then die down.

Vrakrash grabs a second leg and tries again.

'Blasted crystals... fool me once, shame on... argh I'm talking to myself again.'

He repeats his trick with the second leg of the case.

Iuric heads back down the corridor to the fork and takes the path the water sounds were coming from.

"Strange, were the tracks an illusion?"

OOC: Did the scorpidwarves have big feet?
    OOC: Yeah they did

He enters a cave with large mushrooms slowly turning into dwarves, currently crude faces are beginning to emerge.

The cave has two exits, one to the North and one to the East.

• Advertisement

"Can you tell me what these runes say," Nobby take off the helm and points out the runes on the helm to the dwarf.

Vrakrash grabs a second leg and tries again.

'Blasted crystals... fool me once, shame on... argh I'm talking to myself again.'

He repeats his trick with the second leg of the case.
    This time the leg just bounces off the staircase and nothing else happens.

"Can you tell me what these runes say," Nobby take off the helm and points out the runes on the helm to the dwarf.
    OOC: Charisma check, Hard (Target 20)

ooc: charisma check 5

OOC: Yeah they did

He enters a cave with large mushrooms slowly turning into dwarves, currently crude faces are beginning to emerge.

The cave has two exits, one to the North and one to the East.
    Iuric makes his way to the North exit trying to avoid the fungus if where possible.

"I'd heard legend this is how Orcs came to be but Dwarves, this is new."

This time the leg just bounces off the staircase and nothing else happens.

Vrakrash smiles and tentatively steps onto the stairs. He picks up the leg and proceeds upwards.

'Bagpipes the other way... I know a bard who would be drawn to those.'

ooc: charisma check 5
    Nobby struggles to reach for the helmet, his hand shaking. It feeds him overwhelming visions of elves on the rampage, elven debauchery, digging into his knowledge of his race's worst excesses.

He can't bring himself to remove it, given how base his race can be, best to keep it on, just in case.

Nobby struggles to reach for the helmet, his hand shaking. It feeds him overwhelming visions of elves on the rampage, elven debauchery, digging into his knowledge of his race's worst excesses.

He can't bring himself to remove it, given how base his race can be, best to keep it on, just in case.

"Well, i don't feel like taking this helm off right now, but are you able to read the runes on it without me taking it off?"

Vrakrash smiles and tentatively steps onto the stairs. He picks up the leg and proceeds upwards.

'Bagpipes the other way... I know a bard who would be drawn to those.'
    He reaches a wall that pulls open as he steps on the final step. He stands now just outside the room where he fought the armoured dwarves. The corpse of the one he killed still lying there, the other gone.

• Advertisement

"Well, i don't feel like taking it off right now, but are you able to read if without me taking it off?"
    "I know it lad, the runes are a magical incantation to take anything you know about the elves and use it to focus your hate onto them. One of the Masters better inventions.

By the way, the Master, where did you hear about her?"

He says the final word with an unusual tone.

Advertisement