Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D II Act One Scene IV(a) - The Mines of Dhurn Dharal

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭Evade

"Vrakrash, you're alive" Iuric cheers as he pats the Dragonborn on the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric whispers back, "Those dwarves that we were doing a job for liked to copulate with everything they seen, maybe one of them took advantage of our golden dragonbourne."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash sheepishly sheathes his weapons.

'Nice to see you made it, friends. There is a city yonder that we have safe passage within. I suggest we rest up, perhaps trade some items and then plot our next move.'

Evade wrote: »
    "Vrakrash, you're alive" Iuric cheers as he pats the Dragonborn on the back.

'And it is good to see you too, cleric Iuric, safe and well.'

OOC: Chance to correct me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric whispers back, "Those dwarves that we were doing a job for liked to copulate with everything they seen, maybe one of them took advantage of our golden dragonbourne."
    "Indeed, is it so? I had heard of some of the more strange dwarven cults. He has been a good companion."

Karinth sits on a rock and takes and orange from his backpack to have a bite.

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    'And it is good to see you too, cleric Iuric, safe and well.'

OOC: Chance to correct me :o
    "Cleric? Not I. More of a divine warrior and deliverer of justice"

"And before I forget" Iuric hands Sarric and Vrakrash 335GP each "Payment from Dorin."

"And before I forget" Iuric hands Sarric and Vrakrash 335GP each "Payment from Dorin."

'My deepest apologies, Iuric. I had assumed your divinity was derived from a type of cleric. I will not make that mistake again my friend.'

He takes the coin and pockets it.

'There are other spoils to be divvied out, my friends. I have collected... yet more valuable gems from the plane we just left.

If I ever get the opportunity to sell them, I will split the coin amongst us all.'

He looks around.

'What of Jeremy and Ser Boros? Did they make it out with you? Where did you end up?'

'My deepest apologies, Iuric. I had assumed your divinity was derived from a type of cleric. I will not make that mistake again my friend.'

He takes the coin and pockets it.

'There are other spoils to be divvied out, my friends. I have collected... yet more valuable gems from the plane we just left.

If I ever get the opportunity to sell them, I will split the coin amongst us all.'

He looks around.

'What of Jeremy and Ser Boros? Did they make it out with you? Where did you end up?'
    "My divinity is hereditary. Have you ever seen one of those demonic looking folk? They are my dark reflection. I have a touch of the divine and they the demonic." Iuric turns to look at the portal "Strange, they were behind me when I stepped through."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

“Sorry but how did you return here?”

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Sorry but how did you return here?”
    OOC: Return where?

• Advertisement

OOC: Return where?

<ooc Jeremy brought you back here, you just partied up and gave him nothing !
    Pretty sure he thinks you’d be dead if he hadn’t saved you! >

"Iuric cautiously enters the portal"

I follow

I follow
    Iuric sees Jeremy emerge from the portal and turns back to Vrakrash "Ah, here comes our rescuer now. He teleported us back to the city." Iuric hands Jeremy 50GP "My thanks"

Iuric sees Jeremy emerge from the portal and turns back to Vrakrash "Ah, here comes our rescuer now. He teleported us back to the city." Iuric hands Jeremy 50GP "My thanks"

<ooc Clarence Worley: I'm not eatin' 'cause I'm not hungry. I'm not sittin' 'cause I'm not stayin'. I'm not lookin' at the movie 'cause I saw it seven years ago. It's "The Mack" with Max Julien, Carol Speed, and Richard Pryor. I'm not scared of you. I just don't like you. In that envelope is some payoff money. Alabama's moving on to some greener pastures. We're not negotiatin'. I don't like to barter. I don't like to dicker. I never have fun in Tijuana. That price is non-negotiable. What's in that envelope is for my peace of mind. My peace of mind is worth that much. Not one penny more, not one penny more.>

“Keep it, you will need it.”

Iuric looks puzzled "OK"

Vrakrash claps Jeremy on the shoulder. 'It is good to see you are well. Now, if you folks will excuse me... I have a number of wares to sell from my pack.'

Vrakrash heads directly for the city, in search of a jewellers to sell his gems.

OOC: Won't be about tonight, but Vrakrash will be searching this new city until he finds somewhere to sell his gems.

Iuric heads towards the city after Vrakrsh keeping an eye out for a jeweler's or antique shop, an armoursmith, somewhere selling a nice piece of wood, and a temple or shrine to a reputable deity he knows of (OOC: One that's lawful or neutral good).

Sarric follows varkrash and iuric through the city streets keeping eyes open for aventure and the strange.

The city is quite odd, having no obvious doors or windows on any of the structures.

"How'd you get on buddy?" Columbo asks from around Vrakrash's shoulder.

Fourier wrote:
    "How'd you get on buddy?" Columbo asks from around Vrakrash's shoulder.

Vrakrash sighs.

'No sign of a jewellers. I can't make out a shop from a house, or a brothel from an inn! Any ideas?'

• Advertisement

Vrakrash sighs.

'No sign of a jewellers. I can't make out a shop from a house, or a brothel from an inn! Any ideas?'
    "Not really, I can't make anything out either"

Two of the beings go past, seated on top of a larger version of their kind about four time their size.

Vrakrash calls out in Draconic.

'Hail, fellas! Can you point me in the direction of the nearest jewellers... and maybe an inn as well?'

The beings speak telepathically.

"A jewllers is there..." the point to a hemispherical building with no obvious distinguishing features and a small hole in the wall as the only entrance.

"...as for inns, we know of what you speak, but lack the custom."

Vrakrash waves his thanks at the beings and looks to Columbo.

'Jewellers it is!'

He takes off towards the building he was directed towards.

Vrakrash waves his thanks at the beings and looks to Columbo.

'Jewellers it is!'

He takes off towards the building he was directed towards.
    He stands before a very smooth wall, that tapers to the dome at the top. At about shoulder height there is a wide enough opening, a good bit wider than Vrakrash.

Vrakrash hops into the opening and wriggles through.

'You coming Columbo? Ever seen anything like this city before?'

"Not at all" Columbo answers as Vrakrash falls into the opening.

Inside a large spider sits with gems about it.

L1R8om.jpg

It taps at a strange box in front of it, a scroll loaded into the top. The box slowly produces speech.

"Trade....yes?"

"Such a... different place, I fear I won't easily find what I'm looking for here" Iuric says to himself while looking at the strange buildings.

Vrakrash nods, after he recovers from the shock of a spider with a talking box.

'Yes! I have gems to trade my...friend?'

He opens his backpack and takes out all of his gems save for the huge one from the underwater temple.

'Some of these are worth more than others...'

He gestures to the ones on the left.

'These mostly came from an underwater elven city... from a temple now collapsed.'

He then gestures to the ones on the right.

'These ones - came from a dwarven plane. Very valuable elsewhere... probably common here.'

He looks at the spider and the box.

'What sort of prices would these fetch me? I have one more I'm certain you will be interested in... but let's talk about these ones first.'

• Advertisement

"Such a... different place, I fear I won't easily find what I'm looking for here" Iuric says to himself while looking at the strange buildings.
    As he wanders Iuric finds little in the way of religion as he would understand it. There is a single building slightly more decorated than the others. Slightly in that it has two calligraphic symbols on it in plain white.

If there's an obvious entrance Iuric will have a look inside.

If there's an obvious entrance Iuric will have a look inside.
    Iuric sees a small entrance hole he can crawl through.

Peering through he sees an odd beast walking around in a room with a gold painting of sphere with odd grey candles about it.

2bANqs.jpg

"Hello" Iuric calls through the entrance as he starts to crawl in.

<ooc am I here>

Sarric lfind a suitable place to sit where he can see the building varkrash and iuric are interested in and sits off the main throughfare and begins to meditate.

• Advertisement

<ooc am I here>
    OOC: You'd just be walking around the city, you can have followed him if you want

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: You'd just be walking around the city, you can have followed him if you want

<ooc where ever the action is >

"Hello" Iuric calls through the entrance as he starts to crawl in.
    Nobody answers, as he crawls out there is simply the beast and the objects he saw from outside.

<ooc where ever the action is >
    OOC: No action yet

'What sort of prices would these fetch me? I have one more I'm certain you will be interested in... but let's talk about these ones first.'
    "I do not deal in...surface money...only magic and odd items. Which interests you more?"

• Advertisement

Iuric takes a close look at the gold sphere and grey candles and tries to discern their meaning.

Iuric takes a close look at the gold sphere and grey candles and tries to discern their meaning.
    It's very difficult to tell, as they aren't adorned with anything else. Certainly the sphere is the focus of the display.

Iuric doesn't dally too long, he nods at the other being as he leaves. "If that is some sort of temple, leaving this amulet in their charge without knowing who they are is far too dangerous." Iuric thinks as he crawl out of the exit.

"I do not deal in...surface money...only magic and odd items. Which interests you more?"

Vrakrash thinks for a few moments.

'I'd like to see the items I think. Although magic...'

Vrakrash sighs.

'I have long wished to know how it feels to cast a spell... the raw power generated from within a person.... I can imagine it as being the most amazing feeling.'

OOC: Not sure if you know this but there's a spellcasting fighter subclass, Eldritch Knight, you can take at level three.

OOC: Not sure if you know this but there's a spellcasting fighter subclass, Eldritch Knight, you can take at level three.

OOC: I was kinda hinting towards that being my choice when I level up :D:D

Vrakrash thinks for a few moments.

'I'd like to see the items I think. Although magic...'

Vrakrash sighs.

'I have long wished to know how it feels to cast a spell... the raw power generated from within a person.... I can imagine it as being the most amazing feeling.'
    The spider lifts its colossal weight from the ground and ambles toward Vrakrash, bringing the scroll box with it.

"Allow me to read your magical potential, perhaps I could help, this would still be well below repayment for your gems."

The spider lifts its colossal weight from the ground and ambles toward Vrakrash, bringing the scroll box with it.

"Allow me to read your magical potential, perhaps I could help, this would still be well below repayment for your gems."

Vrakrash nods.

'Aye... I mean - of course. Ugh, I've spent too much time with dwarves, starting to speak like them now!'

He allows the spider to read him.

Vrakrash nods.

'Aye... I mean - of course. Ugh, I've spent too much time with dwarves, starting to speak like them now!'

He allows the spider to read him.
    The spider releases a single thin thread of webbing from its abdomen of a bright green colour. It is nowhere near thick enough to hold Vrakrash and the spider simply drapes it across his shoulders.

"Hmmm...I sense no innate talent for magic...nor a native understanding of the web of reality...I think you might have to go for the scholarly route and study magic..."

He releases the thread.

"I have a tome here that can teach you magic in depth, though it will require great effort...or I have spells in memorisable form written on scrolls. These spells are well crafted and don't require much knowledge on the users behalf. A side effect of their making is that they permanently burn themselves into your memory, it's necessary for you to retain them without a wizard's training.

OOC: He's basically offering you the choice between Wizard Level 1 or Eldritch Knight

The spider releases a single thin thread of webbing from its abdomen of a bright green colour. It is nowhere near thick enough to hold Vrakrash and the spider simply drapes it across his shoulders.

"Hmmm...I sense no innate talent for magic...nor a native understanding of the web of reality...I think you might have to go for the scholarly route and study magic..."

He releases the thread.

"I have a tome here that can teach you magic in depth, though it will require great effort...or I have spells in memorisable form written on scrolls. These spells are well crafted and don't require much knowledge on the users behalf. A side effect of their making is that they permanently burn themselves into your memory, it's necessary for you to retain them without a wizard's training.

OOC: He's basically offering you the choice between Wizard Level 1 or Eldritch Knight

Vrakrash debates for some time.

'The scrolls seems more suitable to someone of my... limited abilities, as you so put it. The need for a true mage in our fellowship has recently been filled, therefore...'

He paces.

'The scrolls, yes. I will accept the scrolls.'

OOC: Would have taken Wizard but now Jeremy is on board no need to step on his toes... Eldritch Knight it is!

• Advertisement
Advertisement